• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Questline: The Contest

Deleted User - 67582

I was "disappointed" with the latest 17 quest contest. I put in as much time as possible (at least twice every day) and yet could only complete 14 of the 17 quests. I'm sure that there are those players who have managed to complete all 17 (maybe with the help of diamonds), but I couldn't, solely because I ran out of time. My game position meant that some quests took longer than the 1+ days expected. I think that it is unfair to have a completion reward that is unachievable by normal means, or doesn't make allowances for set backs. Wouldn't the makers want most, if not all, regular players to get the reward? It would, after all, lead to increased enthusiasm for the game and not the present what's the point of this feeling.
It didn't help that my I/net connection failed at a crucial time, but even so I doubt that I would have finished on time.

DeletedUser

some quests took longer than the 1+ days expected
I'd suggest that advanced players, and of course the developers, will be quite aware of the quest sequence, and they'll ANTICIPATE the next few steps.

For example, if THREE Power of Provision spells are needed, and you only have two open slots in your Magic Academy, then you can PREP the Magic Academy by creating a spell but NOT collecting it until an appropriate quest come up. That quest step thereby takes 24 hours, rather than 36 hours.

I thought it was rather interesting that several of the steps were actually easier for folks who still needed to get some scouting done, because most players don't realize how expensive scouting is going to get, later in the game, and the sooner you get started with scouting, the better. You can acquire a LOT of sectors, in a very short time, if you've already done the scouting.

Cregganroe

Conjurer
I am quite new to the game and really enjoyed the contest and completed it.... No I did not use any diamonds to complete it

DeletedUser813

I enjoyed the contest. I didn't use diamonds, just printed out a list of the tasks and prepared ahead. I finished with 3 days to spare. Looking forward to the next one.

DeletedUser

For players who are further on in the game it was near impossible.

Deleted User - 67582

Ok, so some managed to complete the contest. Good for you. :)
I wasn't aware of any list of tasks. Where was this to be found? I just saw the original banner and then got stuck in. I didn't see any information on how to get through it. In fact I'm surprised that there is a list! The tasks weren't difficult, just time consuming and I could have not got through it any quicker - unless, maybe, I had known what was coming, which I didn't. How much time did players put into it? Scouting in the early stages is really quite quick and therefore a bonus in this contest. 2 days is a big chunk of the 9, but I guess if you know it's coming you can start the new scout ahead of the game.
So, pleased for those who succeeded, but still disappointed (even more so now).:(

DeletedUser1832

I was "disappointed" with the latest 17 quest contest. I put in as much time as possible (at least twice every day) and yet could only complete 14 of the 17 quests. I'm sure that there are those players who have managed to complete all 17 (maybe with the help of diamonds), but I couldn't, solely because I ran out of time. My game position meant that some quests took longer than the 1+ days expected. I think that it is unfair to have a completion reward that is unachievable by normal means, or doesn't make allowances for set backs. Wouldn't the makers want most, if not all, regular players to get the reward? It would, after all, lead to increased enthusiasm for the game and not the present what's the point of this feeling.
It didn't help that my I/net connection failed at a crucial time, but even so I doubt that I would have finished on time.

Everyone in our fellowship, myself included, completed all 17 quests, I managed to finish with 3 days spare. Was completely achievable no matter what level you are at.

Deleted User - 67582

Ok, I acknowledge your points, MsFreak, but I didn't manage to complete it and it wasn't for the want of trying, so it wasn't achievable for me; I know others had difficulties too. Maybe I don't understand the logistics of this game that well. I did misunderstand a couple of the tasks and wasted time there (1+days). So my discontent still stands.

DeletedUser1832

Scouting time and incapacity to build 4 new manufactories to upgrade from 4-5 maybe?
At the level of the poster it was still completely achievable... the quest for the scouting one was an either/or option so didn't have to do the scouting which yes would have taken too long could have done the 2nd option (can't recall what it was now... but was a much quicker option).

DeletedUser1832

I wasn't aware of any list of tasks. Where was this to be found? I just saw the original banner and then got stuck in. I didn't see any information on how to get through it. In fact I'm surprised that there is a list! The tasks weren't difficult, just time consuming and I could have not got through it any quicker - unless, maybe, I had known what was coming, which I didn't. How much time did players put into it? Scouting in the early stages is really quite quick and therefore a bonus in this contest. 2 days is a big chunk of the 9, but I guess if you know it's coming you can start the new scout ahead of the game.
So, pleased for those who succeeded, but still disappointed (even more so now).:(
I think someone started a post here somewhere with a list and I know quite a few FS kept an updated list circulating within the FS messages to keep everyone informed. Sounds like yours didn't do that to help each other out.

DeletedUser

Page 2, 6th post, under a "spolier" button.
Titled "list of quests" or something.