• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Players joining onto Friends' World

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I can't seem to find anywhere to start a new thread .. so apologies but am adding it in here and hope someone can move it if needed

I've posted on this before a while back but the situations not improving .. in fact its getting worse imo

I'm trying to get real newbies into the game via friends to join my fellowship but it seems elvenar isnt bothered about newbies getting lost and prefers them to land in the new game worlds, wherever fb or playstore shunts them and its VERY hard to give newbies an easy route in. Now these are friends and so i'm sure they will persevere but fact of the matter is .. its very disheartening to go into a new game and play hard and then find you are in some place you cant join your other friends. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it easier for newbies to end up in the world their friends are in before they waste too much of their time and cash

Pauly7

Magus
Can you not just pick a game world when you create your account? If not you can easily click a different one and start a city in the one you want.

DeletedUser3781

Can you not just pick a game world when you create your account? If not you can easily click a different one and start a city in the one you want.
You can't. New players are just thrown into tutorial on some world that the game picks for them. They can start another city on the world of their choice, but the process is not exactly newbie-friendly.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
the problem is .. they get caught up in the rush of building their city. So even if you say "make sure you logout and pick *** world" its often a long way down what they think the road is before they think to do that. Yes ... you can say that they will soon catch up and surpass what they have done when they join their friends but that's not easy for a newbie to see. All they see is their efforts (and sometimes £ wasted) The issues over where you land is there with just a normal browser lol. As soon as you add third party entry points like facebook and playstore it gets harder to get to a specific place before your feet have travelled what feels like a long way.

Maybe there could be some kind of link a player can give out that takes anyone registering with it .. directly to that world ? or even part of the tutorial which helps direct them to the game world options.

I do understand Elvenar wants the less populated game worlds filled .. but please don't make it hard for those trying to recruit newbies into the game .. to find their friends

Pauly7

Magus
Ok, then I agree that is poor. Should be fairly simple: a) register account and start game; b) choose game world.