• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Feature: Challenges

• Thread starter DeletedUser3097
  • Start date

Pauly7

Magus
I guess they don't know which one people will find too difficult to complete.

The best thing would be to not have an end point. Just let people keep winning prizes the more they collect.

DeletedUser5093

I'm at the end of the Orcs chapter and I have the 3503 version of the event. My activity level is such that I usually put on 24 hour productions every day. I'm expecting to get about half way through this event. Compare that to the usual events we get, both small and large, which I always manage to complete in plenty of time.

I'm not overly concerned that I won't complete this event, as the end point rewards aren't anything special, yet the midpoint rewards (spell fragments) are something I'm quite keen on. If this is the final version of this type of event, then I'd consider it ok but nothing special, however I suspect it's more of a test and future events might be better. Bonus, if this turns out to be a test for a new format for the Adventure quests that would be fantastic.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
im on 4350 version and just my 10 usual workshops working 9,3,9 and have the first 4 prizes. nice prizes for doing my usual routine.:)

m4rt1n

Adept
Completed the 3503 version fairly easily using a few spells and a couple of extra workshops.
The prizes were good considering the effort required. :)

DeletedUser8235

I'd like to first of all say thanks to the devs for adding in new content and activities.

I like the idea of this and that you get rewards for playing as one normally does.

Being a "craftsman" challenge, I am confused as to why you get medals for casting spells and not producing items in manufactories.

I would have liked more time to complete it to be able to get the biggest reward.

Sir Derf

Adept
Completed the 3503 version, in Dwarves. Rearranged part-way, disconnecting a few low-powered buildings to add 3 temp workshops, for a total of 11. Pushed a lot of 5 or 15 minute prods. I needed the tools, and I have no life.

Pauly7

Magus
I didn't add any temporary buildings, but having used a ton of spells (I would guess 60 spells) and then playing my normal game with some shorter supplies productions thrown in as I mentioned above, it still looks like I'm going to be almost 1,000 points short of the last prize. I'm not really sure how you guys did this with such ease.... Don't get me wrong I didn't put any particular extra effort in.... but I'm a loooong way away from the finish line.

DeletedUser7805

It was much easier than I thought it would be, when the event started I had 8 WS's about half way through a 9 hr production, I used 9 spells in all and was able to add another 9 WS's which I used on 15 mins for a few hrs. Ended up completing the event with a day or so to spare.
3503 version

I didn't add any temporary buildings, but having used a ton of spells (I would guess 60 spells) and then playing my normal game with some shorter supplies productions thrown in as I mentioned above, it still looks like I'm going to be almost 1,000 points short of the last prize. I'm not really sure how you guys did this with such ease.... Don't get me wrong I didn't put any particular extra effort in.... but I'm a loooong way away from the finish line.

Minski

Novice
Well, I'm happy with this latest event. Had a few spare spaces and that enabled me to build a few extra workshops. Granted I did use some of the spells. But while I was at the computer doing other stuff it was a nice multitask exercise and I finished all 3 of my cities with about 12 hours to spare.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
those with a bit of space for extra workshops, a reasonably active playing style (on more than once a day^^) and willing to use a few spells .. can easily do this in the time .. end prize was ok but would like to see a change for other popular buildings if we get this as a regular event.

DeletedUser8242

Hardly fare that some players had to get 3503 points and others 4350. How was this selected. Playing as 3 characters and finding the middle one had the hard task does not seem logical to me at all. 24hr workshops only worth 35 meant 101 were needed to complete the challenge this was but only 87 if 4350 needed as 24hr workshops worth 115. In both cases spells worth 10.

Pauly7

Magus
I had the hard one too (as I understand it), but... as was stated I think this was just a large scale beta test so it's not really any great consequence that some people may or may not have had a slightly better chance than me to win a Carting Library over a period of a couple of days where you didn't really have to actually do anything other than play your normal game.

DeletedUser5976

I liked the event. I also had the hard version. I didn't get the final reward and not even the fourth stage reward (the 3 CC spells), but then again with no disruption whatsoever to my city I got some fragments and one CC spells. I hope that they will improve them with the information they got from this test :). If not, still nice enough and if I had more space in my city I might have put a few workshops.

Luciana

Seeker
Happy Sunday peeps, really enjoyed the last event , it's always nice to get free stuff ,not to shabby rewards either considering the task at hand. I thoroughly enjoyed it & hope for more in the near future. Belated "Happy New Year" everybody, hope you all have a safe & wonderful 2019. Ps , was so happy i could do in both my world's & get max rewards on both........:):D:):p:):D:)

Last edited:

DeletedUser7968

1 have cities on all 3 worlds ...and i got the hard one on all 3 ...managed to complete on 1 world but would have finished all 3 if i had had the easy one

LazyTony

Sorcerer
At the risk of being called a pedant, a carting library has lots of books about carts. As the top prize for the challenge is a cart, I presume Inno meant a library cart. Although it could be cart full of books about carting I suppose.
:p

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
Hmmm, on reflection, that would be a carting library cart :D
I think you were right the first time as we know longer have to assume that what we are looking at is a cart. It's just a library... that happens to have wheels... and has books about carting.