1. Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dismiss Notice

Discussion New Feature: Challenges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dizzy Lizzie, Jan 8, 2019.

1. yo momma love me

yo momma love me Scholar

in the USA, we'd call it a bookmobile. i think there have been a few things that weren't translated well into english. what the heck is an Amuni anyway?:confused:

2. CleverAngel777

CleverAngel777 Enchanter

That would get couple of laughs here in Australia :D
    We call it mobile library (a library on wheels)

I'd love to know too but it's probably just a made up name. Or maybe it has something to do with slow cooked pizza? o_O
    Oh, what a mystery :D

Luciana and yo momma love me like this.
  3. Killiak

Killiak Necromancer

From what I could find, Amuni is an actual (mostly girl's) name in Arabic meaning "safe" or "away from harm".

4. Thagdal

Thagdal Enchanter

Seeing as the Amuni is an egyptian theme and Amun was a diety, they probably just stuck the i on the end to mean followers of Amun...

5. yo momma love me

yo momma love me Scholar

you're probably right. good answer.

Luciana likes this.
  6. Dizzy Lizzie

Dizzy Lizzie Co-Community Manager Elvenar Team

Carting library or bookmobile, final prize in the Challenges was on-topic (just) but the meaning of the name Amuni is going off on a tangent! Maybe a new thread discussing names in Elvenar might be interesting... perhaps someone could take the initiative? BUT meanwhile let's get this thread back on-topic..

New Feature: Challenges!

CleverAngel777 likes this.
  7. Rinkidink

Rinkidink Guest

What is auto-collect?

8. Rinkidink

Rinkidink Guest

If we get the Challenge today, because they had it in Beta a day after the FA finished, then I think it's lousy timing because we're all exhausted from the FA and want to relax for a while. At least my team mates and I do because we worked really hard for second place.

9. pompeywolf

pompeywolf Spellcaster

i believe the auto collect they are talking about is that when you get collect the workshop production you get the points towards prize straight away, rather than having to have scroll through the quests to have the right one open.

SoggyShorts likes this.
  10. SoggyShorts

SoggyShorts Sorcerer

The idea behind challenges is to fill in the blanks between the FAs and events, so get ready for little to no "down time" going forwards.

11. LadyHavva

LadyHavva Sorcerer

We should get it while I still have those workshops :p

12. Timneh

Timneh Necromancer

I hope you are wrong there, i like the (normally) 7 or so days of just playing the game.

Rinkidink likes this.
  13. Rinkidink

Rinkidink Guest

Me too. We all know that gaming for long hours every day is bad for our health and Inno would do well to remember that because so many people stop playing when it gets too demanding and ends up stressing/tiring them out. Or it interferes with real life too much.

14. Lisica

Lisica Guest

Event participation is up to each person, if you don't want to take part in any particular event then don't, you can carry on with your city building and normal playing style.

LadyHavva likes this.
  15. Wowwie

Wowwie Spellcaster

some cities have a target of 4350 points required and some cities 3503 points
    unless you have space
    unless your one every 3 hours
    like all the rest of Innos events Challenges Adventures
    Way to much time and effort is needed
    to get required rewards
    For me I do not get this no sense of Accomplishment if you finish its an Accomplishment
    Its probably the end reward that does not satisfy the Accomplishment

Rinkidink likes this.
  16. Kethalia

Kethalia Novice

My husband and I started to play on the same day at pretty much the same time and our cities are of similar size, and he got the 3503 and I got the 4350, I think it must be random.

17. LazyTony

LazyTony Sorcerer

Guess the live servers aren't getting the challenge that beta did :(

18. LadyHavva

LadyHavva Sorcerer

Yes it seems that they do want to make it really unpredictable.

19. Rinkidink

Rinkidink Guest

But I want to do the Challenges because I need the Spell fragments and Combining Catalysts, just not a day after the FAs finish as happened in Beta. We had a few members saying their eyes were hurting from staring at the screen at the end of the FA in Winyandor and several people were losing sleep. The last thing we would've needed is to lose the calm time of less to do after it. It hasn't happened yet anyway so that's good. :)

It's not a hardship to sell them then build them again! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2019
  20. LadyHavva

LadyHavva Sorcerer

They are gone and the space I had them is filled now with the Market set ;). Ach well end of Orcs, soon I will have plenty of space again.