• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New delete game button on IPad

Compassion

Novice
Those of you who play on IPad will have noticed the new button just under log out. If you have been playing the game for sometime you will probably like me have deleted some important building by mistake by a double click when tired or after a visit to the pub and found support unsympathetic and unwilling to rectify the situation. Now deleting a building is painful, but recoverable over time, deleting game is not something you can come back from when you have been in the game years and have achieved a high ranking! I think the ‘kill switch’ should remain well buried so that it can only be activated if really wanted. If you feel as strongly as I do about this, then I urge you to make your voice known to support. Just maybe if enough of us complain they will think again about this action!

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi There @Compassion :)

This is a very recent feature for Apple Users and was actually requested by Apple as previously, Players were struggling to use the usual Goodbye Tool. Apple therefore asked us to Upgrade this for their users.

Now, we don't want anyone to worry as just pressing this Button will not automatically begin the process of deleting your game. But it will be an easier process than before should Players wish to proceed.

Kind Regards

Herodite.

dbrad000

Alchemist
I am fine with the “Delete Account” feature being accessible. My only issue is with the placement of the button that begins the process. It is directly below the Logout button, and I believe it is too close to that Logout button. My arthritic fingers often click the wrong thing, and since I use the Logout button regularly to switch between cities, I will inevitably click that darned Delete Account button (and have already done so at least once). I know that simply clicking the button will not immediately delete my account, but it is annoying to have to back out of the browser-like window that pops up. I would prefer that either 1) the Delete Account button be placed somewhere else on the menu or 2) the Logout button be moved (for example, to the top of the menu).

SkyRider99

Mentor
I'll definitely feed that back :)
You are a kind soul @Herodite. However, it does appear to an outsider like me that the primary responsibility with this 'feature' lies between Apple Inc and their user base. Particularly so, since it appears from what you say that Apple insisted on the change. I'll shut up (for) now. :rolleyes: