• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New crafting recipe - Blueprint and/or RR to Artifact

Deleted User - 341074

Would it be a "one size fits all" artifact?
If not, I imagine there would eventually be a clutter issue, especially for players who don't even have certain buildings since they joined the game after an event.

DeletedUser4149

If not, I imagine there would eventually be a clutter issue, especially for players who don't even have certain buildings since they joined the game after an event.
not if they didn't craft it in the 1st place.
overall, i like this idea but think it could make things too easy if i was able to place my other 2 phoenixes and get them to level 10 too.
on the other hand, evolving something to stage 2 could cost 2 blueprints, stage 3 could cost 3 blueprints, and so on.
not a bad idea, but i don't see it happening. sorry, just throwing my 2 cents in.

Deleted User - 341074

not if they didn't craft it in the 1st place.
A clutter of recipes*
As in a Stonehenge artifact recipe if you don't have the stonehenge. A phoenix recipe if you don't have a phoenix. A ___ recipe if you don't have a ___.

Thagdal

Sorcerer

Or they make it like a reversal of the chess set. i.e you crafted the chess set, you dont see the recipe anymore. So if you dont have the phoenix or stonehenge you dont see the recipes for the artifacts.

Deleted User - 1634960

Not a bad idea at all!
Let's hear some more feedback on this.
@LazyTony please update the starting post with worthwhile additions, such as @Thagdal 's idea to help Soggy's concern about Recipe clutter (give credit when you can). This will make it easier to pass the idea along to the devs. ;)

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Clutter is certainly is an issue, I'm sure every player feels they don't get the recipes they want often enough. My pet hate is the amount of pet food recipes I get - even though I use a few pet food every week, I could feed an entire zoo with the number of times it comes up :D

@Thagdal I'm not sure that works, because a number of players will keep one or more phoenixes, stonehenge and perhaps future evolving buildings in their inventory and not necessarily want to craft artifacts.

This should be difficult to get as it replaces hard work questing during events, so my suggestion would be just one recipe to answer clutter and redundancy issues, and also to keep it rare. This one recipe would come with options though - optional inputs (Blueprint + CC or RR + CC) and optional outputs - atm a stonehenge or a phoenix artifact, with any future artifacts added to the options.

I'm not sure what the correct costs should be - maybe 1 blueprint + 7 CC = 1 artifact or 10 RR + 7CC?

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Maybe make it so, unless you have the buildings being utilised in your city and not inventory, you wont see the artifacts.
And would the recipes also stop when the buildings are max level?
It would be more difficult/rare to get if they were individual recipes than a universal artifact.

DeletedUser5093

I like the idea of being able to craft existing artifacts, and agree they should be expensive, such as requiring a blueprint or 10 RR spells.

The issue of clutter in the recipes is a more general issue but one I think could have a simple solution that would remove any negative consequences for adding more recipes: either adjust the probabilities of certain recipes appearing so that it doesn't matter how many recipes exist we'll always have certain types of spells appearing a fixed proportion of the time, or else create more of other types of recipes whenever new recipes are added, so that a fixed ratio of recipe types is always maintained.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Maybe make it so, unless you have the buildings being utilised in your city and not inventory, you wont see the artifacts.
And would the recipes also stop when the buildings are max level?
It would be more difficult/rare to get if they were individual recipes than a universal artifact.

Yep, that works.

DeletedUser7472

What about a recipe that converts stonehenge artifacts to phoenix and vice versa? There could be a 2:1 ratio to make it more balanced.

2 phoenix artifacts (+ some Combining Catalysts?) -> 1 stonehenge artifact
2 stonehenge artifacts (+ some Combining Catalysts?) -> 1 phoenix artifact

This adds only 2 new recipes at the moment, but on the long term can lead to clutter issues if more types of artifacts are added.