• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered New Archmage

shazbot62

Adventurer
If I don't find a new FS before the FA starts I'll hang here and do a little more research on fellowships, But I will probably joint in haste if I get a offer, I responded to 2 threads on here FS seeking members, and if someone tells me how I will send message to AM @ Midgard. I'm not sure what to expect from a high preforming FS, or even medium for that matter. As I don't think we were ever very good, I just didn't know it until I learned about FAs. And am still learning elvenstats.
I'm wondering if I join then don't feel like I belong. Is there a stigma attached to someone who changes after a short time? ( I called them job hoppers in the RW) I consider myself a team player, nor do I seek fame and glory, But do expect my cookie when I earn it. I think I will be a asset to any FS (I know they could do worse), and I think I would thrive in a functional FS atmosphere. As I still have a lot to learn about the game ie. Help, How it works, Millitary, I haven't been able to win a battel for a province in mos. And AWs. a lot to learn there.

shazbot62

Adventurer
Hi Julian. Looks like you answered one of my questions here on one of my FS application threads. Apparently I missed the first part, But it said I can also message them in game, But I don't know how to find them unless they have been discovered or recently traded with me. And I'm still looking for the prior to also part.

Julian

Sorcerer
If you're on PC (never used mobile), there should be a trophy under your avatar with a number next to it (your ranking). Click on it, then on the fellowship tab. You can then search for a fellowship. Visit that, then you can visit the archmage and message them. Or possibly even join the fellowship directly.

Pauly7

Magus
I'm not sure what to expect from a high preforming FS, or even medium for that matter. As I don't think we were ever very good, I just didn't know it until I learned about FAs. And am still learning elvenstats.
The thing to know is that there is a wide range of different sorts of fellowships expecting different sorts of things. Think about what you are able to achieve or want to achieve in different elements of the game, then before joining a new team talk to the AM. Find out what they expect and decide if this works for you.
I'm wondering if I join then don't feel like I belong. Is there a stigma attached to someone who changes after a short time?
Unfortunately yes there is. At least for some people (myself included). That doesn't mean to say that leaving one FS is ever viewed as a bad thing. For me, though, if I look at a potential new fellow and I see that he/she has a list of 10 different past fellowships, staying with each one a few weeks or months, then I wouldn't accept them, no matter how good they otherwise look. Still, that's OK for some Fellowships. It doesn't work for me. Don't worry, though, because, as I say, that only applies when you see a pattern of someone quickly joining and leaving several teams.

shazbot62

Adventurer
If and when someone sends me a invite, Where will it show up? In messages? and how do I respond? And this is a question even though I'm putting it as if I know what I'm doing. I'll need 15-20 min. to change our overview, then all I have to do is make the next senior player the AM, and I will be free. Rite? he doesn't have to accept, I know I never did.

Verde

Soothsayer
You do realise that noone can send you a formal invite while you still belong to your current fellowship? All they could do while you're still a member of your current fs is send you a mail in the game, to try and organise with you. If you're not sure about leaving the fs immediately then you'll probably need to hope for email contact first.

shazbot62

Adventurer
No I was not aware of that until just a few mins. ago, Thanks will leave now . One other question I have is
, Will all my former trading partners be able to find me as if nothing has changed? And will anything else change, that I'm missing?

Julian

Sorcerer
You will still be able to trade with everyone you've found on your world map, but not with members of your old fellowship. The only other thing that will change is that you'll be able to go to a fellowship and join it directly / or accept any invites you receive. When someone invites you, I think a banner comes up, and there will be a list of invites where you currently have your fellowship shield.

shazbot62

Adventurer
Ok I'm out! But as I was leaving it said I would loose access to fellowship as well as other penalties. What mite they be. even though it's too late now.

Julian

Sorcerer
The ability to take part in fellowship activities. But you'll get them back if you join another fellowship.

Verde

Soothsayer
A wider trading group, help from fs members, tourney access, fellowship adventure participation, fellowship aspect of spire .. all the things you should then recover, hopefully better than before, with a new fs.

Verde

Soothsayer
Perhaps now go see whether any of the fellowships you've been checking out have a vacancy and apply to all of them. Not much time before fa starts ...

DeletedUser2838

My fellowship has the following when it comes to promotion: "Ambassadors have been members for more than 1 month and score 200+ tournament pts weekly. Mages have been members for 6+ months and score 600+ pts. Inactive members may be removed for others to join." You might want to be more relaxed initially. But promotion should be earned in some form.
In my fellowship all newbies are fellows. Ambassadors are those who show commitment to the FS and have a score of 150k - 200k, or (with a lower score) have made a significant improvement in how the fellowship works (sorting out spreadsheets, running trade swaps, advising new players etc), and our approx 4 mages are put in position by a vote of the FS.

shazbot62

Adventurer
Hey! I just got the last seat in Merlin's Menagerie, Don't ask me how I did it, because I couldn't tell ya. But thanks to everyone for your help!
So it's off to learn more stuff. Speaking of which, This is the first time I've used a forum, Any forum, How long does a thread last, If I have more Qs. about other topics do I start a new one (after I search, Something Else I need to learn more about), Or does this one go on and on? Do you ask 1 Q. at a time? This one went on for 3 pages, mainly one mission, But others were mentioned as well. Was this normal?

DeletedUser2838

Its hard to find people who chat a lot, I play both on Beta and here and would say that only about 10% of the people chat and sending FS wide mails won't necessarily get replies either; but we can see by checking Elven Stats regularly as to just who is active and who isn't.

You could try setting a minimum for tournament points for people to achieve but what will you do if they don't do it?

Its getting harder and harder to recruit and Arendyll is the toughest nut to crack as it was the first server.
I've had to recruit quite a bit on Arendyll and it is difficult. Most solo players are inactive, as are a few entire FS. Active FS often don't appreciate poaching or headhunting their members, although I don't see a problem. If I can attract them away from you then that's primarily your problem as the poachee is willing to leave you, so why would you want to keep them. Having said that, I rarely do it. I have my greatest success searching for dying FS which have a handful of increasingly frustrated active players who need rescuing. They are often keen to move, but it's a long search process.

Julian

Sorcerer
In my fellowship all newbies are fellows. Ambassadors are those who show commitment to the FS and have a score of 150k - 200k, or (with a lower score) have made a significant improvement in how the fellowship works (sorting out spreadsheets, running trade swaps, advising new players etc), and our approx 4 mages are put in position by a vote of the FS.
You're in a more advanced fellowship than mine. There's only three of us with 200k+. But we're coming up the rankings, so watch out;)

Julian

Sorcerer
Hey! I just got the last seat in Merlin's Menagerie, Don't ask me how I did it, because I couldn't tell ya. But thanks to everyone for your help!
So it's off to learn more stuff. Speaking of which, This is the first time I've used a forum, Any forum, How long does a thread last, If I have more Qs. about other topics do I start a new one (after I search, Something Else I need to learn more about), Or does this one go on and on? Do you ask 1 Q. at a time? This one went on for 3 pages, mainly one mission, But others were mentioned as well. Was this normal?
If you've picked the right fellowship, you'll have a good archmage to answer all your questions.