• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered New Archmage

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
Hi in reply to your question I’ve been playing since May 18 was made archmage around sept 19 suggested I get rid of inactive players . two months later and our previous leader has left to go to another fellowship. So in charge of half of what we originally had only getting feedback from a coulple of players. Feeling very frustrated need to find chatty active players. I don’t expect everyone to be on all the time but just to get some imput and know people are still around tournaments are becoming harder as I am now putting in most of the points. Looking for people who enjoy the game. I’ve changed our first page to mention we are recruiting but it’s very hard.
Its hard to find people who chat a lot, I play both on Beta and here and would say that only about 10% of the people chat and sending FS wide mails won't necessarily get replies either; but we can see by checking Elven Stats regularly as to just who is active and who isn't.

You could try setting a minimum for tournament points for people to achieve but what will you do if they don't do it?

Its getting harder and harder to recruit and Arendyll is the toughest nut to crack as it was the first server.

Julian

Sorcerer
Looks like you too could do with merging fellowships. You're not in Winyandor are you? If you were, you could hook up with shazbot!

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
Yes, in Winyandor, we're the junior FS of two and currently working on being a 10 chest FS every week. Still looking for new members and its slow going (of course).

If you're looking for a FS to merge into @shazbot62 then feel free to mail our AM, Zelos.

shazbot62

Adventurer
Piglets, I here ya! But I asked another player, and they said yes, and they are rite beside me in tournament! DO I SPLIT ON HIM??? I say NO!!! We're a team!!!

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
Piglets, I here ya! But I asked another player, and they said yes, and they are rite beside me in tournament! DO I SPLIT ON HIM??? I say NO!!! We're a team!!!
We have a few vacancies, so you could come with the other player you have found :)
We have a 1k point minimum in tournaments which works very well for us.

Julian

Sorcerer
Yes, in Winyandor, we're the junior FS of two and currently working on being a 10 chest FS every week. Still looking for new members and its slow going (of course).

If you're looking for a FS to merge into @shazbot62 then feel free to mail our AM, Zelos.

Sorry I was actually asking schnukie, but you're welcome to match up as well.

shazbot62

Adventurer
Well, I want to thank everyone for their advice! But I am not getting any feedback or help from our remaining 8 members, the last tournament was the 1st I went over 1000 and barely got 1st chest with only 150 coming from the guy I recruited and nothing from the rest. This time it's looking like I will have to do it on my own.
I've decided it's too much work to do in order to drag dead wood, when all I need to do is find a new FS. I could do it, but don't see the benefit. I will stay to collect my big 1 chest reward then cut loose. All I have to do is nominate someone else for AM and I'm free to go, Rite???

Julian

Sorcerer
You could also disband the fellowship. To be honest, that sounds like it might be the best thing to do. You can do that on the overview page.

You're not in the same world as my fellowship, so I can't offer you a home. Put up a post on the relevant forum category asking for a fellowship. Also check out fellowships in elvenstats.

Julian

Sorcerer
Actually, check out the fellowship Midgard in Winyandor. Two of my fellows are members of it.

shazbot62

Adventurer
Hello again, I took a little break from fellowship building, And nearly threw in the towel. I thought I'd finish this tournament and go. But then thanks to all the stuff I've learned here I started poking around in my members cities wondering why I'm at 702 so far, and the only one on the board. After getting the 1st chest. I posted a lot of capital letters on our board (Don't know what you call the FS message board) saying thanks a lot great to be on the team.....

Then a few hrs later I see our ch 2 guy, The only one I've seen post on the board since I took over, A week ago he asked, not me but general how to donate KPs from INV, Then today I see him thanking some one who is not even in our FS for a trade, which was crystal, which he is boosted in. That got me thinking, the game doesn't require materials before you can produce them, Does it? He told this other player he needed 150 more. So I was going to help him out, I was looking for him, then found him way down the line in 0 star land. I don't shop there unless I want it real bad. Then I looked at his level 1 boosted in planks, has 4, but about an equal amt of steel and marble. Which will be good in ADV, but I usually add LEV 1 or 2 temp builds. his marble is at 7 and planks at 4.
Then I started looking at the others, and damn if they ain't doing the same thing, the only one I have boosted at silk, is at CH3 with 2 plants at LVL3. Then I started thinking again, I learned about boosted good back in CH 2 or so, and I don't remember anyone mentioning it since.
I'm thinking they just don't know, no one is guiding them, maybe they don't even know to check the board or how to use it. I'm on CH7 behind me there's 1 at 5, 2 at4 and a 3 and a 2, I think there is one more, but not important, I've been typing on the board trying to keep them posted on what I'm doing, or trying to do, but have only seen two other post over the past 2 -3 weeks. As I mentioned earlier, So I thought I'd send them all a message to there mailbox's, See if that works.
I know I can see when a player played last when they have a ! by there name. But can I do something like that with the others besides watch when they offer NH??? I can't get upset with them if no one is leading them, especially when I'm the leader. Hopefully I will find a experienced player to help, or maybe even see if some of the old guy's and gals are happy in there new FSs

As Always, I'll appreciate your thoughts

Julian

Sorcerer
Sounds like your fellowship is made up of 'silent' players. I'm sure most fellowships have some, but you need some more active players as well. The adventure will be a bit test of whether it is worth continuing. To get anywhere, fellows have to communicate.

Schnukie

Spellcaster
Hello again, I took a little break from fellowship building, And nearly threw in the towel. I thought I'd finish this tournament and go. But then thanks to all the stuff I've learned here I started poking around in my members cities wondering why I'm at 702 so far, and the only one on the board. After getting the 1st chest. I posted a lot of capital letters on our board (Don't know what you call the FS message board) saying thanks a lot great to be on the team.....

Then a few hrs later I see our ch 2 guy, The only one I've seen post on the board since I took over, A week ago he asked, not me but general how to donate KPs from INV, Then today I see him thanking some one who is not even in our FS for a trade, which was crystal, which he is boosted in. That got me thinking, the game doesn't require materials before you can produce them, Does it? He told this other player he needed 150 more. So I was going to help him out, I was looking for him, then found him way down the line in 0 star land. I don't shop there unless I want it real bad. Then I looked at his level 1 boosted in planks, has 4, but about an equal amt of steel and marble. Which will be good in ADV, but I usually add LEV 1 or 2 temp builds. his marble is at 7 and planks at 4.
Then I started looking at the others, and damn if they ain't doing the same thing, the only one I have boosted at silk, is at CH3 with 2 plants at LVL3. Then I started thinking again, I learned about boosted good back in CH 2 or so, and I don't remember anyone mentioning it since.
I'm thinking they just don't know, no one is guiding them, maybe they don't even know to check the board or how to use it. I'm on CH7 behind me there's 1 at 5, 2 at4 and a 3 and a 2, I think there is one more, but not important, I've been typing on the board trying to keep them posted on what I'm doing, or trying to do, but have only seen two other post over the past 2 -3 weeks. As I mentioned earlier, So I thought I'd send them all a message to there mailbox's, See if that works.
I know I can see when a player played last when they have a ! by there name. But can I do something like that with the others besides watch when they offer NH??? I can't get upset with them if no one is leading them, especially when I'm the leader. Hopefully I will find a experienced player to help, or maybe even see if some of the old guy's and gals are happy in there new FSs

As Always, I'll appreciate your thoughts
Hi Shazbotz if you are struggling and want to part of an active fellowship come and joy us. we are looking for two active players to complete our fellowship im also very happy to promote active players. we are Portal in Arendyll thanks Schnukie.

shazbot62

Adventurer
Thanks for the invite Schnukie. I would take you up on it but I'm in Winyandor, and I don't think I can make that switch. But I'm ready. I have given this team every opportunity to step up, and there is only so much I can do.
A new adv. starts mon. and if I can find a FS by then I'll jump on board, because I know I'm alone here. And a FA would be a good test to see if I fit in, Even when I thought we were fairly healthy there were only two of us collaborating to get it done, That was when we had 17 or so players (Or at least I thought) This past tournament I got 2 chests all by myself 1804 pts, I even (had to) spent over 500 diamonds toward the end to do it, 58 pts away and a 1/2 hr. to go. I just wanted it! Anyway I'm done with these guys!
I sure have learned a lot in the past few weeks, mainly thanks to you all. Thanks again. That makes the countless hrs. I've spent over the past few weeks trying (and learning how) to fix this , not a total loss. I' will be a better player down the road.

shazbot62

Adventurer
I'm going to do this in 2 post as the 1st part [s time sensitive, I ready for a change, Am trying to join another FS before the FA starts on monday. Does anyone know what time it starts. As in what is my deadline in order to participate?

Julian

Sorcerer
As the archmage, you will either have to assign the position to someone else or disband your fellowship before you can leave.

shazbot62

Adventurer
Hey Julian; If your still watching over me, You mentioned earlier about checking out Midgard. I looked them up, wrote down AMs name, but don't know how to find them to message to apply?? I guess I'm open for anyone's answer to these Qs.

shazbot62

Adventurer
Glad to see your still here! Yes I plan to nominate the next senior member in terms of chapter's. I also plan on taking down my rewrite of our overview and replace it with a warning, not nasty, but not a recruiting tool either. I will watch that from afar. and see how long it stays that way. I thought about disbanding, but if they are happy going nowhere who am I to stop them

shazbot62

Adventurer
I recently sent a FS wide message (just learned how to do that too) it was 2 pages long, once again not nasty, but inspired by our performance in the last tournament. I only received one response, and that was from our most junior member, And he thinks that I may just be board and that I should just play and they will keep bringing there A game! Well if that's there A game, I'd hate to see plan B. I messaged him back saying, That's not how it's going to work