• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Ancient Wonder idea

Pauly7

Magus
There has been quite a lot of talk about doing things to make catering/negotiating more attractive (it's a can of worms, I know). Someone suggested to me, what if there were an Ancient Wonder that reduced catering costs... So each level would work almost like a mini Advanced Scouts.

Actually, Advanced Scouts helps fighting as well anyway... I still think it's a good idea though.

DeletedUser3571

It would be a nice idea, and i have heard it mentioned on the beta forum.

DeletedUser3571

However giving some thought im not sure if having it as a AW is the best idea. Any new wonder would be at the end of the next chapter at the earliest and i dont think anyone is likely to be a pure negotiator by then as they would have seen how impossible it is to match the pure fighters.
I think it might work better as a pet like the polar bear or fire phoenix, give the negotiators a pet that is really worth something :)

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I love this suggestion, moreover Inno seems to have run out of AW effects ideas. Although it would be possible to add a third AW to an early chapter, I do not believe that the devs would ever do this - but who knows?

I am for every measure that helps to equalize chances for traders and fighters.

Hekata

Artisan
I support any idea that helps negotiators including this one. @pompeywolf is right that waiting until chapter 17 to introduce one might be too late. By the time they have reached that chapter most negotiators have either switched to fighting or left the game. Pets with an effect to lover the costs, temporary buildings, spells are currently probably a better solution.
However my personal favourite solution would be to alter the 2nd effect of the Crystal Lighthouse/Spire Bell (not sure what's it called exactly for humans) and instead of those meaningless amounts of goods in the chests to give it an effect to lower the trading costs. It would make that wonder worthwhile again and it comes in early chapters as @RainbowElvira has suggested.

Hekata

Artisan
(regarding the spire/lighthouse)
you mean just like the blooming trader guild?
i always foundthat feature to be useless,
I mean lowering the costs of trading/catering/negotiating in the tournaments and spire, not trading with the wholesaler/trader (I think that's what the Blooming trader does)

Hekata

Artisan
I have also stopped upgrading it a long time ago. I like how it looks so it stays, although if it could be telepotred there is a chance it would end up in inventory now that we know that AWs influence the difficulty of the Spire.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I didn't see that building with its full glory. Mine is level 6, and will remain at that level, others are much better. That AW was too powerful for what I heard, it would be cool it still was.

Gargon667

Mentor
Now I am a 100% fighter by now and am not likely to go back to catering tourneys, but I do like the idea of these kinds of boni. As others suggested a new AW might be the wrong way to go, but a useful pet or expiring building would be great. Maybe there could be specific ones for spire/tourney/provinces. That way people could pick and choose where to fight and where to cater.
For example save up 20 provinces and then do them all in 1 go, or cater the spire and fight the tourney (which seems to be popular right now).
I wouldn´t mind another useful AW, but I don´t think the Lighthouse will get such a big bonus...