• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Neighbours/Neighbors

DeletedUser3

Thanks for reporting this issue euronH :)

This may come as a surprise but this is actually intentional o_O ... allow me to explain...

As this is the International version of Elvenar, we have players from all over the world. We use English as our official language as this is the most widely spoken language in the world. We use US English spelling as this is far more widely used than British English spelling. This means that you may see neighbour and neighbourly on the forum, or occasionally in replies from support in tickets, but you will not see that spelling in the game - or at least you should not!

DeletedUser23

Maybe it's because I'm British, but I feel that the US English is specific to the US. They have their own servers/forums and so the International game should use "correct" ( :p ) English. From what I know, education across Europe teach British English, though many of the students may know more US English simply due to popular culture/movies etc. So it being "more widely used"... officially I wouldn't think it is. Though of course officially every one in the UK speaks the Queen's English :D

DeletedUser

Although I do prefer British, I don't mind American being the official language of this server (at least as long it's only written - if it was also spoken (quest givers speech for example) I would strongly suggest to use British ;)
Although it seems weird to me. Mostly because of what Sheepski said - probably the most of users of this server are Europeans, and we do learn British English in here. And there is a server dedicated to USA users so... I am not convinced by the given explanation. But I understand that people who decided which language use as a official language of the server has thought this more thoroughly.

DeletedUser48

American spelling on words incorrectly bugs the life out of me is all ,when i see it i always think jaysus teach them how to spell :)