• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Neighbourly Help Choice Refinement

Thrakazoga

Adventurer
I would like to see the ability to turn off help for any given building type. I suggest this due to the ridiculous amount of people who polish my Builders Hut every day, despite my banner stating Culture. Personally I have little need for Builders help, time instants help there, but each Culture polish gives me more coin/supplies, especially if boosted by Ensorcelled Endowment. Another possibility would be to give a culture boost if the Builder slot is inactive. This request is borne out of sheer frustration at other players disregard to my culture boost needs. Guess what? I like culture boosts, a lot :)

Julian

Sorcerer
In my opinion, if you're just starting out, coins to the main hall are very useful. Mid-level players would benefit best from culture to boost their coin and supplies. Those in the later chapters have probably got tons of coin and supply instants anyway. Helping on the long time of buildings is probably the best help to give there.

Pauly7

Magus
Also, people can only polish your builder's hut 3, 4 or 5 times then it is inactive until you have next done an upgrade. Considering I'm getting 40 or 50 NHs a day it makes sense to me to use the first 3 or 4 of those (not even all days) to keep the builders polished.

Thrakazoga

Adventurer
Both of the above replies and comments are valid, but the point I am trying to make is one of choice, to be able to choose what is polished, without the vagaries of another player simply clicking a random icon without any real thought for what their fellow player has requested.

DeletedUser8154

I think this is the problem - everyone has an opinion on what is the best type of building to polish. When it doesn't match what a player wants polishing and helpers just go their own way and polish what THEY think is best, that's where it can get frustrating to the recipient.

m4rt1n

Adept
I think this is the problem - everyone has an opinion on what is the best type of building to polish. When it doesn't match what a player wants polishing and helpers just go their own way and polish what THEY think is best, that's where it can get frustrating to the recipient.

The new system polishes the best culture building available so I do not understand the frustration.

Sir Derf

Adept
The frustration was a Builder-polisher in a city that prefers Culture-polishers, not a sub-optimal Culture-polishing.

Thrakazoga, have you tried talking to the neighbors in question?

Much as I understand your preference, I would like to point out that I personally do a full round nearly every day. That's 200 people. I don't have the time to read the needs of every city I visit, much as I would like to. Sorry.

Also, I try to do Culture for everyone, but occasionally my finger hits the middle builder icon on my mobile instead of the culture icon. Sorry.

Pauly7

Magus
Much as I understand your preference, I would like to point out that I personally do a full round nearly every day. That's 200 people. I don't have the time to read the needs of every city I visit, much as I would like to. Sorry.
I agree with this. I try to keep to the wishes of everyone in my fellowship and usually everyone that I help via the notifications menu, but when I am sweeping across my map doing 3-400 other polishes it is usually culture for all of them.

DeletedUser8154

@m4rt1n not specifically which culture building, but MH, BH or culture.

However, as much as I try to hit the right one, as I'm whizzing through them I do occasionally hit something other than what has been requested. I know how easily done it is, so I'm not going to let it bother me when someone else helps the wrong type of building.

Thrakazoga

Adventurer
Thankyou all for your input. My suggestion for a 'polish switch' has shown me that we all have our own ideas as to what the optimal polish is, as I have stated it is Culture for me, but in different chapters another choice might be made. I guess, for now, I have to live with the fact that it is mainly casual players who just click their help button to gain a reward for themselves, without regard for the reward that they can give. The very fact that all of the players who have commented on this thread excludes you from the casual player scenario, cos you know what you are doing and have a better understanding of the game mechanics, omg that sounds a bit elitist but is meant as a compliment to those who hope to improve the game, cos at end of day its just that - a game :)

Wanders off into distance muttering about loss of several thousand coins and supplies, and thanks for allowing me to vent a pet hate

Pauly7

Magus
If there were an option to switch off players' ability to give different sorts of NH what would happen if there are no more culture buildings to polish?

Thrakazoga

Adventurer
If there were an option to switch off players' ability to give different sorts of NH what would happen if there are no more culture buildings to polish?

Must admit i had not thought of that possibility, as there are usually lots of tiny filler Culture buildings. I suppose the next available MH slot , as that can stack up to 20 times, followed by BH. The coding problems that would cause would be horrendous, so in light of that Inno probably have the best fit scenario already, And thank you for your query, as usual, your insight has proved most useful.