• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Neighborly Help timers on Mobile

Sir Derf

Adept
I've noticed this for a while and have decided to a) look a little closer and b) report on it.

I have been doing NH on mobile for quite a while, and frequently come to it at the 23 hours mark from last time. If I am timed right (or wrong), I come in with some provinces not quite ready yet. I also do my visits in the same order, snaking left and right, starting at the top and working my way to the bottom. I help a province, the timer resets to 23h. As I work my way down, I can see the timers starting to count down, shifting to 22h 59m. The problem is, though, that I eventually bump into provinces that haven't finished counting, a run that say they have <1m, then some that say 1m, 2m, 3m, etc. I can wait on my screen at this point for multiple minutes, and the province will continue to display <1m. If I leave the map and return, a swath of provinces will be available, their timers having successfully realized they have run out.

Today, when I first logged in, a little over half my map was clear, the <1m started in the row under my city. I've been on my map for a while and I still have the same run of <1m, 1m, 2m, 3m and 4m provinces, followed by provinces that should have longer times (being later in my pattern), which show timers of 1m, 2m, and 3m. I forgot to note this time what time I started this process, so I'm not sure how long should have elapsed.

These timers should be continuing to run live while I am on the map, yes? They should be presenting a 1 minute decrease for every 1 minute that elapses, and I should be able to see that reflected while sitting and staring at the map, yes? If it takes me 5 minutes to service the top of my map, then provinces that had 5 minutes to go at the start should be unlocked for servicing by the time I get to them, yes?

I am running Version 1.101.5-1a857a8-256 (en1.101) on an Android phone.

Pauly7

Magus
Lots of things on the mobile app don't continue to update unless you go out and come back in. I've noticed the NH timers, but also included are essence collections and pet feeding timers. It would be nice if it all updated as you were looking at it though.

Sir Derf

Adept
The thing is, some of the timers do appear to update, at least some time. As I said, some of the 23h timers decay once or twice, and some of my sub-10m timers went down a few ticks...