• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Neighborly Help Mode

Sir Derf

Adept
How about a toggle when you are on the World Map view that activates Neighborly Hep Mode?

When activated, clicking on a city automatically opens the Neighborly Help options popup for that city? This saves one click per city over the current process, and when doing a World Tour can save advanced players with well-scouted maps hundreds of clicks.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Not a bad idea @Sir Derf. The biggest advantage for me would be the saving in time when waiting for each player's city to open after having clicked on it. I have a lot of big city neighbours. It takes quite a while for their magnificent vistas to load before I can offer NH. Unless of course we've already established a 'quid pro quo' in the NH chain.

UlyssesBlue

Dreamer
Yes please! It takes me about 2 minutes or more just to load a large city. The result is I just don't give neighbourly via the map at all. Unless someone goes to the trouble of visiting my city, and therefore appear in my notifications, they just don't get neighbourly help from me at all.

An added bonus is it would solve the issue of mis-clicking on cities while on the map. If I'm doing something else on the world map and accidentally click the wrong spot then I have to wait several minutes for the city to load, just so I can click out of it and go back to what I was doing. If I have this feature toggled on then an accidental click will just bring up the menu, which can be instantly clicked out of (either through exiting, or by giving neighbourly help), thus saving a ton of time and frustration.

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Sir Derf if we optimize everything, we would not need to play this game anymore. Just a button to press and everything happens on its own... I know, a kettle watched never boils, and I am sometimes tempted to get my good old whip out to speed up my computer, but is this not part of the game?

UlyssesBlue

Dreamer
@Sir Derf if we optimize everything, we would not need to play this game anymore. Just a button to press and everything happens on its own... I know, a kettle watched never boils, and I am sometimes tempted to get my good old whip out to speed up my computer, but is this not part of the game?
If it's so slow as to be unusable, and causing significant issues, then it's not "part of the game", it's a fault that should be rectified. Any developer that tries the "it's not a bug, it's a feature!" line is not worth their paycheck.

Sir Derf

Adept
Please note, I did not propose a "Click this one button to provide Cultural NH to every city on my map".

The fact of the matter is, this is exactly how it works on the mobile app, so why not port that across to the browser version?
Actually, no, this is not how it works on the mobile app. I think

you have missed the point of my suggestion.

I wrote my suggestion for both platforms, but since I primarily use the mobile app to give NH to my whole map, I primarily envisioned it for the app.

Currently, I click on a city (which opens the action icons), then I click on the NH icon (which opens the NH options window), then I click on the NH option I want. Repeat several hundred times. My proposal would remove 1/3 of the clicks in the process. It's the Commutative Property of Multi-Stage Decision Making...

Select City * Select NH Action * Select form of NH = Select NH Action * ( Select City * Select form of NH)

Sir Derf

Adept
Also, I view this as similar to the previously suggested and recently implemented change where when completing tourney encounters you return to the list of tourney provinces rather than requiring the reopening of the tourney window every single time. Both giving NH and Tourneying are activities that most players perform as a batch process, repeating the same tasks over and over, so reducing clicks is beneficial.

Lastly, I imagine it would drastically impact the activity logs that INNO keeps of all our clicks.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Having played on the app previously, I noticed when changing over to PC just how much I missed the whole Press and Push to give Neighbourly Help... I find it particularly cumbersome to go through all of my World Neighbours and visit each City just to give help. Although it is nice to see the lovely adjoining Cities :)

I would favour something a little more streamlined to help in that matter and whilst I agree with @Solanix that we don't want to over simplify things, I will pass the idea to our Team for consideration @Sir Derf

Kind Regards

Herodite