• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Negotiation costs.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Hi,
I have read a few threads on provinces and what not but cant find an answer to this.

Are the advanced scouts at the start of the chapters the only way to reduce negotiation costs?
with researching squad upgrades turns the province from say easy green to very easy blue, this only counts for the army battle side of things and not the negotiation cost of the province?

Thagdal

Sorcerer
but advanced scouts says decrease negotiation costs, whereas squad upgrade says makes fights easier without stating decreasing negotiation costs, so does squad upgrade decrease negotiation costs?

Advanced scouts.PNG
Squad upgrade.PNG

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Negotiating costs are based on the amount of gold it cost to scout the province in question - in other words if you scout first, then research advanced scouts, negotiating costs don't change - as soon as you scout and pay that price you lock in the negotiating costs.

The size of enemy squads on the world map is based on distance from your city - they get bigger the further out you go. You can make you own squads to fight them bigger with the squad size techs.

The BIG problem is that squad size techs make both catering and fighting more expensive in tournaments, and tournaments will become more and more important to you as you progress in the tech tree. I would strongly recommend skipping every optional squad size tech you can. I am at the end of the tech tree and I fight/cater some 500 encounters a week in a tourney and around 24 a week on the world map (my scouts take 60 hours). As you can see its much more important for the 500 to be cheaper than the 24.

Pauly7

Magus
After completing Advanced Scouts the cost of negotiating does come down, but the way I see it this only applies to the next "ring" of provinces. Go further out by one more ring and it is back to how it was before. Go another ring outwards again and it is more expensive.

If you over-explore like I do then all it does, really, is get more and more expensive. Advanced Scouts just halts the increase for a short while.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
i think ive been misunderstood, im asking about the negotiating costs inside the province e.g resources needed to complete the province. do they get smaller with Tech upgrades at all?

DeletedUser3097

i think ive been misunderstood, im asking about the negotiating costs inside the province e.g resources needed to complete the province. do they get smaller with Tech upgrades at all?
If the province has already been opened, the costs do not go down as the negotiation costs are based on how much you paid to open the province. But if you open a new province after completing Advanced Scouts then the cost of opening it plus the cost of negotiation will be decreased.

Advanced Scouts= reduce negotiation costs
Squad Size Upgrades = do not reduce negotiation costs

Advanced Scouts is the only way to reduce negotiation costs.

If this is not what you're asking please say.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Thats exactly what i was asking.
Thanks Dizzy Lizzie :)

So if the ring goes from very easy(blue) to very hard (red) the negotiation cost increases too? Or is that just affecting the army size?

LazyTony

Sorcerer
The colours refer to the ratio of your squad size vs theirs. However, a larger enemy squad size nearly always means higher negotiating costs too. So, yes, kind of, but that's not directly what the colours are referring to.