• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Need changes to Spire prizes

AstralSoul

Illusionist
In my FS every week someone gets at least a Magic Residence, a Magic Workshops, and a DA, at least. You will see that in our chat every single week someone will share they/we got something. I have had four last bad spires (two of them got a DA, so it is semi-okay, and on other diamonds instead of PPs.)

More that one fellow in my FS has more than 5 Magic workshops I believe already, all from spire... so its a mindset how you aim the Spire. I know a lot of people that get a lot, and a lot that gets little to nothing.

DeletedUser9591

- Five magic workshops (the last one is taking its sweet time)
- Eleven magic residences.

Are you sure? :) You haven't bought any of them?

I won few magic buildings as well, but 11 magic residences is waaaaaay to high.

One thing you omitted to add - how many genies, please? :)

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Are you sure? :) You haven't bought any of them?

I won few magic buildings as well, but 11 magic residences is waaaaaay to high.

One thing you omitted to add - how many genies, please? :)

I only buy expansions, the occasional boost, and sometimes if I run out of something nice to craft at the MA. If I bought any, maybe one, two tops in an earlier chapter, although, I am not sure if I had any when there was no Spire.

Genies, good point. Low here, 3 only.

1 expired, 2 you can still see them at elvenstats.

DeletedUser9591

I only buy expansions, the occasional boost, and sometimes if I run out of something nice to craft at the MA. If I bought any, maybe one, two tops in an earlier chapter, although, I am not sure if I had any when there was no Spire.

Genies, good point. Low here, 3 only.

1 expired, 2 you can still see them at elvenstats.

I have similar strategy, buying premium expansions and sometimes buying blueprints to craft RRs as some buildings must be kept up to date.

But 11 residences are still too high :) It is better not to mention numbers like this, because the trend is that they might be reduced to almost zero with the next upgrade :)

I play spire every week as well. I just noticed that some players are getting many magic buildings, others DAs and genies. Not sure which category is better ;)

Timneh

Artisan
But 11 residences are still too high :) It is better not to mention numbers like this, because the trend is that they might be reduced to almost zero with the next upgrade

If it is only a relatively small number of players getting a lot of magic buildings i do not think they will do anything but if that number gets too large then they will probably nerf the magic buildings from the spire. They will have all the data so will know how many magic buildings are being won .

Master Arthur

Alchemist
Our fellowship loves the Spire. Please do not change anything. The only down side is that I and many of our team do not have Storm Phoenix at level 10 so it is fairly difficult to fight our way to the top. We are only a middle strength FS but we are very happy every week to get our Silver Medal from 22 of our 25 members who actually take part. No moans on my part. The diamonds are very important prize for us playing at our level. Pity the expansions are so expensive demanding 11K of them for me.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
If it is only a relatively small number of players getting a lot of magic buildings i do not think they will do anything but if that number gets too large then they will probably nerf the magic buildings from the spire. They will have all the data so will know how many magic buildings are being won .

Even if we do not say anything, as you say, they will pull the data easily. I was a super game operator in a similar style game, with other german company eight years ago. By then, it was amazing all you could see, and do. And the game had 16 fixed spots to build your stuff, that's it. No moving building, no thousands of squares... four resources only, etc... So, Elvenar's admin tools are way more powerful than you imagine (so if anyone reads this, don't cheat, you will be busted), probably way more powerful than I imagine, and in the past, I never imagined what I saw as a super-go.

I wasn't a Game Admin (they had four tiers, quitted before), but a close friend of mine got there, and they can pull pretty much everything. With the click of a button where they can calculate the amount of € worth in Magic Stuff, diamonds, genies, etc they release a week VS the number of diamonds that enter their bank account. Hosting services are very pricy, I run a dedicated server, and I am a spec in compare to INNO.

One reason it is important to remember to support more the company, and complain less. They even sent us today an opening position, so maybe some of you can apply, get the job, and make those complaints to be satisfied. You will understand why not.

I do not want to make numbers, but I get about 500 KP a week from tournaments. That was worth 225€ in KPs. It still is, however, may avid players like me, stall the chapters to get thousands of KP to grow our AWs. I have a 31 Needles since Woodelves, and all the others at level 7 the nice ones, and 6 the junky ones. And many players, get four times my amount.

Now, players like me are pulling 125€ week still with the 25 diamond /KP per AW cost, as our trees are stalled, or completed by a couple of our tops. The ten chests had a value of 125€ more or less counting blueprint, RRs, KPs, Boosters. I am not even accounting for the spells and other junk.

It is a few of us, that go slow, but strong. And I can stall six months before clicking "research" for Halflings (meanwhile, I keep adding 10K a day)), as I will keep growing by conquering provinces, getting expansions, etc.

It is due to players like us that they possibly are changing the tournaments too, so stalling so much it is not worth maybe, it can even blow in our faces, but it is our game style. I am not stopping, and especially two others, neither are. And the rest of the FS does not seem worried either (well, a bit, but no one made dramatic changes yet.)

So, we can claim our successes, we can't troll because elvenstats, we need to enjoy and play the moment, because in the end, Elvenar is a product, a product that belongs to INNO like the other ones. They need to balance player base, player spending, how much a player stretches diamonds and where did those diamonds come from.

Possibly, due to the decrease of diamond sales that many of you brag about, are part of the cause of the tournament change, as it affected the game's revenue.

That's why if you like and enjoy the game, you take that into account. If you need your food to eat, please eat. But if you are burning cash in your hobbies, remember Elvenar is your hobby too, and you want to support it. If you save 100€ because you did not go out this weekend, why not dropping 50€ in diamonds (it's your hobby too), and save 50€ for retirement? You were going to spend them anyway, and 50€ in diamonds, especially during some sales, will really oil up your gaming machine...

So, remember this game its a product, support it and you will be compensated, and then, collectively, we all will win, our play will be better, the game will be better, INNO will make more from it, and bring more to it. But sadly, the direction of complaining, and not buying diamonds proudly is what causes nerfs to arrive, turning into a vicious circle, making you feel bad because you spent maybe hundreds or thousands in this game, and you don't want to quit it for obvious reasons.

Our tournaments got ruined, although they are easier for newer players (my small beta city is doing better), we need to adjust, and stick to our game styles, keeping both negative, and positive aspects (strategy), and if you can, support the developers. They need to pay the electrical bill to have electricity to code Elvenar... (they also need to eat, live, etc.)

Pauly7

Magus
Interestingly... and someone can feel free to check my maths... In the past 32 Spires of Eternity since magic buildings became available, there is a 10% chance of winning a MR, which amounts to a 3.4% chance of winning 11 so far. That's certainly within the realms of possibility. The chance of having won 5 MWs is much lower - just over 0.7%. Still, statistically someone playing Elvenar will have beaten those odds. The chances of winning 11 MRs and 5 MWs is more like 0.02%. So that's one out of every 5,000 people who have played the first two levels of the Spire every week so far.

Whilst very unlikely, we're not yet in the realms of the probability of winning the National Lottery.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Yeah haha, well, I got 5-7 DA overall, so very low on that, as well as on genies... so the odds went that way for me. I have fellows who got four in a week :), and claim to have 15-20 stored... I got very few for example.

Gargon667

Mentor
I finished 2 levels or more every time since the start. Must be about a year by now? So I had max chance to get the Magic buildings. For the first few month I did not always finish level 3, so I guess I missed something like 5-8 chances for genies.

I got 3 WS (one is still in the inventory, 2 are producing more supplies than I can use) and 3 houses (bought 6 more with diamonds from the spire and need no more from now on, I haven´t even upgraded the ones I have yet).
I don´t know how many libraries, I keep replacing them with higher chapter ones, I think I currently have 5 and I have deleted the first few already. wouldn´t mind another 5 or 10 in the last chapter (haven´t gotten one since I changed into chapter 16 about 2 month ago. with the new MA recipes I am spending more than before so my Catalysts have started to drop, guess another 2 or 3 libraries would fix that...
Currently have 4 genies in the inventory waiting for an FA cleanup and I think I must have had about 4 that already expired.
My fav is the Dwarven Armorer, but I have no clue how many I got. My estimate would be 1 every other week? Maybe a bit more than that?

The last 2 buildings I will never have too many of.

Anyway I call it a good week if I get any 1 out of all those above buildings.

In addition all the teleports, must have gotten 100+ by now, but hard to tell I spend 20-40 every FA :D

Last edited:

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I finished 2 levels or more every time since the start. Must be about a year by now? So I had max chance to get the Magic buildings. For the first few month I did not always finish level 3, so I guess I missed something like 5-8 chances for genies.

I got 3 WS (one is still in the inventory, 2 are producing more supplies than I can use) and 3 houses (bought 6 more with diamonds from the spire and need no more from now on, I haven´t even upgraded the ones I have yet).
I don´t know how many libraries, I keep replacing them with higher chapter ones, I think I currently have 5 and I have deleted the first few already. wouldn´t mind another 5 or 10 in the last chapter (haven´t gotten one since I changed into chapter 16 about 2 month ago. with the new MA recipes I am spending more than before so my Catalysts have started to drop, guess another 2 or 3 libraries would fix that...
Currently have 4 genies in the inventory waiting for an FA cleanup and I think I must have had about 4 that already expired.
My fav is the Dwarven Armorer, but I have no clue how many I got. My estimate would be 1 every other week? Maybe a bit more than that?

The last 2 buildings I will never have too many of.

Anyway I call it a good week if I get any 1 out of all those above buildings.

In addition all the teleports, must have gotten 100+ by now, but hard to tell I spend 20-40 every FA :D

I did complete the Spire since week #2-3 (week #1, maybe I couldn't kill the frog at the end of level 2, but did the other 15 battles in floor #2.

See, and as I said, I only got three genies overall, and last week I got a DA, and my prior one was early June... I got maybe 4-7 only overall, as I said. Libraries and spire set, I got all I have in my city, except a few gates, and scrolls that are in my book. (I got more of those heartbreaking Trading Stations, maybe 20), and heart-obliterating PPs from bosses, lost the count :(

It's all about random. I am a heavy tournament player, did over 9k this dust week (check elvenstats if you want), so I would have liked more DAs for example, and didn't get them. Genies... I am fine if I get them, I am fine if I don't. They are very nice when they drop diamonds and 5h boosters, but they take their space too to give you junk a lot of times. I have 339 provinces, tomorrow 340, and one more expansion, and I did not even start halflings yet, so I am not going to be short of seeds, therefore, future genies will be dropping, even more, junk when I open that chapter.

kuku6

Adventurer
I am happy with spire rewards, but would be nice if each gold medal increases rewards for next gold medal.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I am happy with spire rewards, but would be nice if each gold medal increases rewards for next gold medal.

Or go MMORPG style:

Gold Medal: 10% power buff to all army to all players reaching for the top, until next medal. 5% for those who participated.
Silver Medal: 5% & 2.5%
Bronze Medal: 2.5% & 1.25%

It would encourage you to keep pushing the Spire, as this buff will help with tournaments. Even 2.5% may be the difference of a win or loss (those battles you win with 3 archers left...)

Gargon667

Mentor
I did complete the Spire since week #2-3 (week #1, maybe I couldn't kill the frog at the end of level 2, but did the other 15 battles in floor #2.

See, and as I said, I only got three genies overall, and last week I got a DA, and my prior one was early June... I got maybe 4-7 only overall, as I said. Libraries and spire set, I got all I have in my city, except a few gates, and scrolls that are in my book. (I got more of those heartbreaking Trading Stations, maybe 20), and heart-obliterating PPs from bosses, lost the count :(

It's all about random. I am a heavy tournament player, did over 9k this dust week (check elvenstats if you want), so I would have liked more DAs for example, and didn't get them. Genies... I am fine if I get them, I am fine if I don't. They are very nice when they drop diamonds and 5h boosters, but they take their space too to give you junk a lot of times. I have 339 provinces, tomorrow 340, and one more expansion, and I did not even start halflings yet, so I am not going to be short of seeds, therefore, future genies will be dropping, even more, junk when I open that chapter.

Sounds like you are especially unlucky. Especially the trading stations hurt. I think I only got a total of 5 or so... but look at the bright side. At least you are in a place where you can still use the PPs :D

I don´t quite understand what you are waiting for in the beginning of halflings? At least play halflings so you get the barracks upgrade (and the toad temple is a nice AW). Just use your PPs and get the silly chapters 11-14 done in a swoop (it roughly takes 1000% PP per chapter and about 2 or 3 weeks time if you keep hitting tourneys while they still hand out KPs) and only chapter 12 needs a very rudimentary guest race in the beginning to upgrade the portal to lvl 4, the other 3 chapters are Portal only.
Also Seedproduction is mostly influenced by your MH level (which is of course capped) and AW levels. But with the upcoming changes in tourneys it does not sound like a good idea to inflate your AW levels artificially by building small and crappy AWs. But the halfling chapter gum trees make seeds :) good luck getting those!

Gargon667

Mentor
32 weeks that it's been paying out Magic Residences.

ah that´s right, I forgot and didn´t read the above post carefully enough... I forgot what it handed out before they put the magic buildings in...

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Sounds like you are especially unlucky. Especially the trading stations hurt. I think I only got a total of 5 or so... but look at the bright side. At least you are in a place where you can still use the PPs :D

Well, not really, do not forget my 11 Magic Residences, 5 Magic Workshops, 8 Spire sets, 3 Genies, etc... I have better and worse weeks like everybody.

For me, the first boss gave me another Library, second boss, sadly, another trader station and will stall there till tomorrow. All fought by the way, no diplomacy. But take a look over this screenshot, I wasn't bragging about my FS either:

magic.jpg

So, I am not the only one sitting with double-digits for won Magic Residences.