• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Need changes to Spire prizes

DeletedUser9591

If it is only a relatively small number of players getting a lot of magic buildings i do not think they will do anything but if that number gets too large then they will probably nerf the magic buildings from the spire. They will have all the data so will know how many magic buildings are being won .

Personally, I don't think that in-game data is of much use for Inno. Only exception is money in their accounts. I am simply judging by their decisions which do not reflect data and what players like to do here :)

DeletedUser9591

I think that probabilities reset every week. What means that one player will have very different outcomes to another, even though they played the exact number of weeks. That is why I strongly feel that spire is gambling and not gaming ;) Argument which can be supported by loses if the city is not designed properly or/and when player does all maps and FS does not get top collective award.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
lol maybe that´s your thing then :)

Not only mine... if you check the message, I am congratulating someone else for his/her 10th magic residence, I got another trading station sadly haha. But I said in prior post that it wasn't only me with high numbers, and I provided it with the above screenshot.

I think that probabilities reset every week. What means that one player will have very different outcomes to another, even though they played the exact number of weeks. That is why I strongly feel that spire is gambling and not gaming ;) Argument which can be supported by loses if the city is not designed properly or/and when player does all maps and FS does not get top collective award.

All games have a gambling aspect. Plenty of Mario games have a lot of gambling aspects (coins for power-ups, etc), but gambling and killing something, it is pretty much on 100% of the games... that is the reflection of our humanity. You do not need to spend real cash in the Spire, so it is not a cash gamble, but an in-game gamble as you do not need diamonds as a must to complete it.

Edit: Let me throw this one in since someone asked me about genies. The Spire takes the Law of Attraction, this is why some of us have a lot, something nice happened here.
genie.jpg

Just sayin'

Last edited:

DeletedUser9591

All games have a gambling aspect. Plenty of Mario games have a lot of gambling aspects (coins for power-ups, etc), but gambling and killing something, it is pretty much on 100% of the games... that is the reflection of our humanity. You do not need to spend real cash in the Spire, so it is not a cash gamble, but an in-game gamble as you do not need diamonds as a must to complete it.

I profoundly disagree with thoughts that gambling is a norm in the games. Mind you, it is regulated industry for a reason, in Europe it requires age consent and so on, even simple lottery has restrictions, that is why it is only question of time when Elvenar will have troubles with their aggressive attempts to cash in and some elements of this game. The spire is the exact replication of gambling websites, try to negotiate your way through it every week, you will understand very quickly (especially if you are in the chapters where decaying goods, mana, etc are required), that there is a strong push to pay (diamonds are equivalent of the cash). Try to fight without phoenix and military boosts - again I am 1100% sure that you will not go very far. So there are no workarounds, and those perks (for those who fight) will be reduced significantly or taken away with the overhaul of the tournaments.

Something to think about... How many players were spending diamonds on tournaments and how many on negotiations in the spire? Reading some comments and at times using negotiations myself, I fully understand why one might think that similar system will increase the spend if extended (changes to tournaments). But it is very naive commercial move. I played better designed game (more freedom to choose), but with less aggressive push to buy stuff, as soon as they changed their direction to aggressive strategy, they ceased to exist. Most players are rational people and do not waste their time and money on ridiculous things. I am just eagerly waiting for changes to the tournaments, then most likely I will stop playing - I have issues with the ethics of this business.

Finally, only because somebody is running the game (or any other business), they are not automatically entitled to the profits. That how world is working, and who cannot deliver, they disappear. As it stands, at this stage Elvenar is not delivering. It does not look that players' base is large here either, because there is no transparency here with all those abandoned cities who are left for months. This game will not be running only because of few people who spend here unreasonable amounts of time :)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I profoundly disagree with thoughts that gambling is a norm in the games. Mind you, it is regulated industry for a reason, in Europe it requires age consent and so on, even simple lottery has restrictions, that is why it is only question of time when Elvenar will have troubles with their aggressive attempts to cash in and some elements of this game. The spire is the exact replication of gambling websites, try to negotiate your way through it every week, you will understand very quickly (especially if you are in the chapters where decaying goods, mana, etc are required), that there is a strong push to pay (diamonds are equivalent of the cash). Try to fight without phoenix and military boosts - again I am 1100% sure that you will not go very far. So there are no workarounds, and those perks (for those who fight) will be reduced significantly or taken away with the overhaul of the tournaments.

Something to think about... How many players were spending diamonds on tournaments and how many on negotiations in the spire? Reading some comments and at times using negotiations myself, I fully understand why one might think that similar system will increase the spend if extended (changes to tournaments). But it is very naive commercial move. I played better designed game (more freedom to choose), but with less aggressive push to buy stuff, as soon as they changed their direction to aggressive strategy, they ceased to exist. Most players are rational people and do not waste their time and money on ridiculous things. I am just eagerly waiting for changes to the tournaments, then most likely I will stop playing - I have issues with the ethics of this business.

Finally, only because somebody is running the game (or any other business), they are not automatically entitled to the profits. That how world is working, and who cannot deliver, they disappear. As it stands, at this stage Elvenar is not delivering. It does not look that players' base is large here either, because there is no transparency here with all those abandoned cities who are left for months. This game will not be running only because of few people who spend here unreasonable amounts of time :)
Gambling is only gambling when money is involved and only then you can turn you result back in money. (for example you can trade you fancy new lootbox sword with another player which will pay you for it)
As long as you cannot "trade" the item there is no way you could get a return on investment. thats why inno-games is not regulated in any way, while for example EA and other game buisnesses are under scuteny atm at lootboxes in games like FIFA

If monetary value wasn't a factor you could not play ancient old boardgames or DnD as dices create a random and therefore it's "gambling"

Pauly7

Magus
Something to think about... How many players were spending diamonds on tournaments and how many on negotiations in the spire? Reading some comments and at times using negotiations myself, I fully understand why one might think that similar system will increase the spend if extended (changes to tournaments).
That, right there, is a very good point.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Mario Kart also has gambling (well, this game actually triggered real-life divorces, but that's another story!)

595899-mkdd_item_box.jpg

Or even chests, as we still open today:

SMB3_mushroom_house_screen.png

But yeah, video-games always have a chance factor...

And there is something you always gamble in all games, even on your day to day life, much more valuable than money: time.

If you don't see it, ponder on it :) We are giving our time to elvenar, to level up some fantasy buildings, and playing the Spire every week. It's time that we will never have back, if you spent 15 minutes to climb the spire, its 15 minutes of your life that you are losing. In fact, taking longer due miss diplomacy offers, besides your resources, and maybe even your diamonds for additional tries, take your valuable time...

Anyway, unless you play Arcades from the 80s (do you know those?), where it is all down to patterns, you might have no gambling aspect.

Timneh

Artisan
Blimey i thought i was going to read about changes needed for spire prizes and it turns out it's changed to a talk about gambling.