• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Need changes to Spire prizes

DeletedUser3266

How about less spell fragments? All I have won in 2 worlds and playing for 2 friends whilst they are away, are spell frags. In my main world I am now up to nearly 400K frags with no hope of using them all up. How about less spell frags and more chances of a 5% PP or even some of these extra troop things that we can win in events. I'm afraid that I'm getting really bored of the Spire in it's current situation and I can't believe that I'm the only one. I have won a couple of magic residences, a magic workshop, a genie, several armouries and about 3 of the trading posts since the Spire started, so that's all great - but if I don't play the Spire, I won't need the armouries (I have a Fire Phoenix for tournies and the multipliers) - I have no more space in my city to win the magic buildings, the only real reasons left to do the Spire will be for time instants and because it's now an FS based addition to the game. PLEASE can we have a better mix up. I need something to do to keep me leaving the game entirely - have been playing almost 4 years now and have decided to stop the chapters after Elvenar so all that's left is Spire and Tournaments (I loathe the adventures lol)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
How about less spell fragments? All I have won in 2 worlds and playing for 2 friends whilst they are away, are spell frags. In my main world I am now up to nearly 400K frags with no hope of using them all up. How about less spell frags and more chances of a 5% PP or even some of these extra troop things that we can win in events. I'm afraid that I'm getting really bored of the Spire in it's current situation and I can't believe that I'm the only one. I have won a couple of magic residences, a magic workshop, a genie, several armouries and about 3 of the trading posts since the Spire started, so that's all great - but if I don't play the Spire, I won't need the armouries (I have a Fire Phoenix for tournies and the multipliers) - I have no more space in my city to win the magic buildings, the only real reasons left to do the Spire will be for time instants and because it's now an FS based addition to the game. PLEASE can we have a better mix up. I need something to do to keep me leaving the game entirely - have been playing almost 4 years now and have decided to stop the chapters after Elvenar so all that's left is Spire and Tournaments (I loathe the adventures lol)

Depending on your activity / placement of moonstone sets there will always be prizes you like more or less.
You should accept that there will be always "useless / filler" prizes in it you might not want, it's much better that have too much than too little.

To show this I take your example.
I hate getting PP prizes, as they are completely useless to me, I am at the end of the research tree with already 3.5K PP on stock and in the last chapter we could use a measly 1000%, that means I have enough for at least 3 chapters already.

I would rather have spell fragmens, even if I have enough of those as well, at least I feel they some day might become usefull again if changes are made unlike PP that just grows without any potential future.

This shows that different people at a different part of the game feel different about these prizes, I know people that are earlier in the game and love those fragments as they are not collecting them at the rate you do yet, while they still love to consume them.
There is a lot to win in the spire and for every player there is at least something to win that they like.

Julian

Sorcerer
I'd say keep the Spire as it is, but allow us to do something extra with the spell fragments so they don't become a useless resource. How about being able to buy KP with them?

Julian

Sorcerer
(I loathe the adventures lol)
Fair enough. You don't have to do them when they come around. But we're now having several weeks of nothing. We could easily have fitted an FA in, and those of us who do like them would have benefited. Those who don't like them would be no worse off.

Timneh

Artisan
I really get nervous when players start saying there is too much of something and can't it be reduced and replaced with something else because when the devs do listen to that feedback and decide to change something it normally turns out that the change is a lot worse than the original situation where players can not get enough of what was being asked to be reduced (i'm thinking of pet food there) or players will get the change they asked for but not in the way they wanted it.

Pauly7

Magus
I'd say keep the Spire as it is, but allow us to do something extra with the spell fragments so they don't become a useless resource. How about being able to buy KP with them?
One day they are going to change something about the game that puts spell fragments into severe short supply. I know that I have also joined this discussion previously, but the pattern is there. A year or two ago everyone used to complain that they were winning to many coins and complain even more that they would be given Coin Rains as prizes. Now both are highly sought after.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong about the point, but what they won't do is suddenly give us a nice handy way that we can dip into to get some free prizes for spell fragments when we choose to do so. What they will do is change it so they become a key necessary part of development and we'll all be saying "ah, do you remember when we used to have all those spare spell fragments?"

Pauly7

Magus
I hate getting PP prizes, as they are completely useless to me, I am at the end of the research tree with already 3.5K PP on stock and in the last chapter we could use a measly 1000%, that means I have enough for at least 3 chapters already.
This is true.

There are lots of different opinions on what is good to win. In my example I am still happy to win some more PPs to bolster my supply, but I do already have enough to get me through two chapters so I'm not excited by them. Also, the power of the PP is cut short from chapter 15 onwards. (Again, this was a response to people saying that Inno were trivialising new chapters by allowing people to play through with PPs.)

Personally I want a couple of Magic Residences and/or Workshops still. Having been to the top of the last 31 Spires I've had one of the former and zero of the latter. If I get one or two of each, though, it would be easy for me to say that they're bad prizes as I don't want any more.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
If you win too many Spell Fragments, the obvious solution would be to cut down on the amount of fragments per individual reward. E. g. 100 SF instead of 1000. Won't hurt me, but I fail to see how this would benefit anyone.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
This is true.

There are lots of different opinions on what is good to win. In my example I am still happy to win some more PPs to bolster my supply, but I do already have enough to get me through two chapters so I'm not excited by them. Also, the power of the PP is cut short from chapter 15 onwards. (Again, this was a response to people saying that Inno were trivialising new chapters by allowing people to play through with PPs.)

Personally I want a couple of Magic Residences and/or Workshops still. Having been to the top of the last 31 Spires I've had one of the former and zero of the latter. If I get one or two of each, though, it would be easy for me to say that they're bad prizes as I don't want any more.

Is it that "old" already? feels like it was added yesterday ;)
The average is 5 houses and 2 workshops a year I think, so if lady luck is fair you should be in for a treat on the next 21 spires ;)
I had 3 houses I think and I am still waiting for my first workshop as well, on the other hand I do have too many libraries (10) already who are just stockpiling in my inventory

On little CW, I have 5 libraries 0 magic houses and 0 magic workshops as well while going to the top of second stage every week.
Ah well I am in no hurry and it will fix itself eventually.

Pauly7

Magus
Is it that "old" already? feels like it was added yesterday ;)
The average is 5 houses and 2 workshops a year I think, so if lady luck is fair you should be in for a treat on the next 21 spires ;)
I had 3 houses I think and I am still waiting for my first workshop as well, on the other hand I do have too many libraries (10) already who are just stockpiling in my inventory

On little CW, I have 5 libraries 0 magic houses and 0 magic workshops as well while going to the top of second stage every week.
Ah well I am in no hurry and it will fix itself eventually.
If only Lady Luck would now remember what I'd already got so far... Depressing to think that at this point I still have the exact same chance of winning them as the person who's had 6 residences and 5 workshops already!

It does show how the importance of one prize over another can vary considerably, person to person. I've disenchanted all my Spire Set pieces from previous chapters, purely because they were in my way. I still have a handful of libraries from the current chapter ready to disenchant when a quest asks for it. Today I had two gold mystery chests in two encounters... happy days... except out of them I got an Endless Scroll and a Moonstone Gate!... *groan*. If it were my baby Beta city though, I'd be overjoyed to get either of those, or a Library, especially. (Incidentally, 2 magic residences in the last two weeks on Beta... go figure.)

DeletedUser3266

Fair enough. You don't have to do them when they come around. But we're now having several weeks of nothing. We could easily have fitted an FA in, and those of us who do like them would have benefited. Those who don't like them would be no worse off.
If you're in a FS then you should participate in FA and everything else that helps your fellow members out though - even though I hate them with a passion, I still take part because supporting the FS is important. I will never understand those who join a FS and simply don't pull their weight. If you don't want to be a team player, you don't join a team. As I understand it though, Beta have another event? That must mean it'll come to the live worlds soon.

DeletedUser3266

Depending on your activity / placement of moonstone sets there will always be prizes you like more or less.
You should accept that there will be always "useless / filler" prizes in it you might not want, it's much better that have too much than too little.

I would rather have spell fragmens, even if I have enough of those as well, at least I feel they some day might become usefull again if changes are made unlike PP that just grows without any potential future.

This shows that different people at a different part of the game feel different about these prizes, I know people that are earlier in the game and love those fragments as they are not collecting them at the rate you do yet, while they still love to consume them.
There is a lot to win in the spire and for every player there is at least something to win that they like.
This is true, I need more PP like a hole in the head in Win but desperate for more in Fely. I still think though that there could be more variety with the regular prizes from the chests. The battle instants would always be welcome.

DeletedUser3266

There does seem to be something strange going on though, with some people winning the same prizes constantly and others never getting something in particular - the AM of my FS is desperate for an Endless Scroll whereas I have won about - well - too many to count! I certainly don't want it to change in a way that would disadvantage new or smaller players who might need more spell frags but I do think mix it up a bit and offer a few more "different" prizes - if someone is in need of frags, they could always disenchant a prize they've won - can you disenchant PP's? I haven't a clue

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
All I have won in 2 worlds and playing for 2 friends whilst they are away
Popping this here as this sounds like you have been given access to other peoples games, which is strictly forbidden.
Can I suggest that you familiarise yourself with these, paying attention to rule number 3 and the need to report any player trying to give you access to their game/s. Elvenar Game Rules

Pauly7

Magus
There does seem to be something strange going on though, with some people winning the same prizes constantly and others never getting something in particular - the AM of my FS is desperate for an Endless Scroll whereas I have won about - well - too many to count!
I don't tend to doubt the probability that the Spire quotes us, despite my horrifically bad luck with magic buildings. There are lots of different variables here. Lots of different items, all with a probability of winning. Not only that, but we have another layer of probability of a certain type of mystery chest appearing. Somewhere along the line people are likely to get more than average of one thing and less than average of another. Your friend notices Endless Scrolls especially, because that's the thing it happens that he hasn't won.

If we calculated (and I'd need a maths genius for this) the probability of having not won and any one item from the Spire's whole portfolio of prizes, then I suspect there's still a fair chance of it, especially if the given person hasn't been to the top every week.

kuku6

Adventurer
why here different rules, when me buy KP, it ask each time more coins, when me buy expansion, it ask each time more diamonds, but as me complete spire, me getting same amount of diamonds each time?

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Popping this here as this sounds like you have been given access to other peoples games, which is strictly forbidden.
Can I suggest that you familiarise yourself with these, paying attention to rule number 3 and the need to report any player trying to give you access to their game/s. Elvenar Game Rules

Oh dear... in my times in that game I was a superGO... this would have been a death sentence haha. Account Sharing was permaban.

And to go back to the Spire:

Some weeks I got a lot of junk, more lately, but my focus is different, and our focus influences the Spire believe it or not. From getting 12 mystery chests to not get a single one (I was racing so did not want to stop extra and climbed the whole Spire in 8m and some seconds.)

However, if I look at my overall:
- 8 spire sets
- A few dozen extra 1x1 and some 2x1.
- Five magic workshops (the last one is taking its sweet time)
- Eleven magic residences.
- I estimate between 10-20 Dwarven Armories
- I get an average of 100-150 diamonds in some Spire runs from boses
- We get the 10th, sometimes 11th, and push weeks, the 12th
- I got hundreds of hours from x2 8h booster from purple chests, and 5h and 2h booster prizes.
- I got a few hundred thousand fragments, and who knows, maybe in the future they are worth more.

This is a quick note on an "okay spire day"

4-12-20:2xELR, 2xUUU, 1xArmorer. Lv10 Fire Phoenix. Boosters used: 12x5h (troops, doors) Fighting until: Top (Expenses: 650k tools) Got about same boosters back. Dwaven Armorer.

So, doing it appropriately, it rewards on the big picture

Note: I complete the Spire every week.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Shaman
However, if I look at my overall:
- 8 spire sets
- A few dozen extra 1x1 and some 2x1.
- Five magic workshops (the last one is taking its sweet time)
- Eleven magic residences.

- I estimate between 10-20 Dwarven Armories
- I get an average of 100-150 diamonds in some Spire runs from boses
- We get the 10th, sometimes 11th, and push weeks, the 12th
- I got hundreds of hours from x2 8h booster from purple chests, and 5h and 2h booster prizes.
- I got a few hundred thousand fragments, and who knows, maybe in the future they are worth more.
Holy crap? what????
3 residences I think and still 0 workshops here lol

Pauly7

Magus
11 magic residences would be absurdly good fortune. That means hitting one more often than once out of every three for 32 weeks.

Still one residence and zero workshops for me.