• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Naturally Amazing

Sigyn

Spellcaster
A whole lot of prizes I do not need and do not want, and dailies are much harder to get
I don't think they are that much harder tbh, and you can reset the daily prize every 5 seeds - the troop instants and AWKP are always useful if you don't like\want the buildings + It's a shame that you can't swap with other members of your fellowship as I'm sure someone would be able to use the items you didn't want.

Almondum

Spellcaster
I can deal with the scouting and Derf is right, I also save some boosts for the event scouting quests.

My Chapter 2 city though is suferring from the "Spell fragments" quests. Some of them directly ask for the fragments without an alternative, had to desenchant my ashen phoenix (stage 1). Sometimes I feel that the event is harming my city more than helping it, maybe the low chapter cities should not have access to the events? Locking access is a bad idea, but I don't have any ideas to fix that. Oh, maybe replacing spell fragment quests for the lower chapters.

Regarding the event duration and locked quests. For me, 20 locked quests in 22 days is too much. I have a job that sometimes involves overtime work and then I need to sleep/prepare the next day (sometimes even work home as extra). This can happen for a few days....
Having so many locked quests, specially if the event is ending, harms me a lot, I might miss quests in the end. I am sure there are other people like this, who don't even use the forums.

Why not unlock all the quests? If someone does them all in 1 day, they have the daily bonus everyday until the end to collect.

Ramases

Adventurer
22? day event
75 Quests, of which 20 are time-locked at the end

How long should quests take? How many should take a long time?

Constructively, Magic Academy has some five-at-a-pop recipes... Scouting, that's 2 Provinces...
22? day event

Constructively, Magic Academy has some five-at-a-pop recipes... Scouting, that's 2 Provinces...
22? day event

I am currently scouting a province which will take me a total of 90 hours. 2 provinces 180 hours/24 equals 7days 12 hours. I say that's a little on the long side.

Almondum

Spellcaster
7 days?! I am not looking forward to that D:

I am sure that our esteemed Devs will see this and think of some alternative. What about a building upgrade as an alternative to scouting? Will it have the same problem of 7 days or it's more doable with the boosters at high chapters?

Sir Derf

Adept
  1. I mentioned 2 Provinces to point out alternatives to obtaining 16 Relics other than having to wait for a new Tourney. It already was an alternative, it does not need Devs to think up an alternative.
  2. 2 Provinces to gain 16 Relics is a reference to solving 16 Province Encounters, not 2 Province Scouting. Of course, if you don't have any available Encounters, you would have to Scout, but worrying about Province Scouting Times is worrying about the wrong aspect.
  3. I mentioned 2 Provinces to point out alternatives to obtaining 16 Relics other than having to wait for a new Tourney. If 7 days was part of the process of solving 16 Province Encounters and is deemed too long, well then just wait for the next Tourney, yes? Alternatives...
To rephrase my question - why can't some quests take longer? 75 quests over 22 days, that's about 7 hours per quest. I frequently have runs of completing multiple quests back-to-back, wouldn't it be acceptable to balance that with others that take some time?

Jackluyt

Shaman
Quest competition?

I would like to compliment the designers on how well the events have improved over the years! The technical production remains excellent; player suggestions have been adopted to make the event screen more user friendly, and the new quest set does not have all the game stoppers that it once had.
Well done!!
:) :)

But there are too many boring, repetitious quests in every event - and even though the quest set they have now is infinitely better and more fair than the early versions, there is still lots of room for improvement!
Some innovative new quests are long overdue; I think that event-related quests would be nice for a change like spin the shuffleboard five times, or collect event current in your city, or spend event currency.
Also, I wish the designers would have a competition with Diamond prizes, to ask players to submit new ideas for quests. Surely they might pick up some good ideas there? They have had similar competitions in the past!!

I hope someone passes the suggestion to the management!!

Sir Derf

Adept
The various 1x1 flower beds have small enchantment boosts within an expiring time. How do they look before and after expiration?

kimkimkim

Summoner
The various 1x1 flower beds have small enchantment boosts within an expiring time. How do they look before and after expiration?
the grass moves before expiration then it stops moving when it expires and no they do not need roads......they are similar to the military boost buildings

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I don't think they are that much harder tbh, and you can reset the daily prize every 5 seeds [...]
The 'Shuffleboard' or 'Post Office' Events - like this one - make it easier for ONE of any given Daily Prize to be won (in fact, it's a 100% certainty if you open all the boxes, of course), but harder for MULTIPLES to be won... whereas the 'Rotating Chests' Events are the best and cheapest in Event Currency expenditure for that purpose (well, in theory... RNG can ruin the best-laid plans, of course!), because many more attempts at winning the Daily Prize can be made without paying Event Currency to reset the Chests, unlike the Shuffleboard, which has 16 chances pre-fixed with only ONE Daily Prize within those 16, unless one re-shuffles (with an added cost of Event Currency), and therefore risks not only losing the [fully-upgraded version of the] Grand Prize due to having insufficient Currency to reach all of the Prize Claim points, but also running out of Event Currency faster and thus being unable to try [as many times] for other Daily Prizes, too.

I'm not even including the 'Misty Forest' type of Event, which involves uncovering hidden prizes under obscured tiles on a scrolling map or path, but only because SO many people find that type of Event either particularly easy OR particularly difficult - because it's the least RNG-affected and most skill-based of all Event types - and one is either good at that kind of thing, or not... although tutorial videos etc. can often help, of course.

So really, it all depends on whether you prefer a guaranteed single Daily Prize (or a maximum of two Dailies, realistically, especially if you're also hoping for more than one Daily Prize and/or Grand Prizes as well, because the Board costs [quite a bit of] Currency to reset) - or a much better chance (NOT guaranteed, though!) of winning several Daily Prizes while ALSO not over-spending Currency to the extent that a full Grand Prize becomes impossible to attain without buying Currency (no random Currency drops in Shuffleboard Events, either, unlike Rotating Chests).

And all that aside, on a personal note : the fact that I'm probably going to fall short of the 9th Artifact despite using NO re-shuffles of the Board, claiming every Daily Currency Award, and completing ALL Quests - as well as picking up maybe 30-40% of the City-dropped Currency, too [no Ashen Phoenix, but I do get the +100 email gift, so there's that?] - is NOT impressing me in the least... but at least there will be an FA (er, I hope?) to provide that missing Artifact. I really hate - and won't keep in my City - Evolving Buildings below Stage 10, if they're not a Phoenix or Bear.

On a related note : there is some debate on this point, but in my experience there IS a broadly increasing trend towards making Events more and more tight on Currency, or even making [full versions of] Grand Prizes unattainable without luck (when that applies) and/or Diamond-spending, even if there are blips here and there in that generally upwards cost progression... and on THAT, I have nothing much to say except : grrr, basically.

Sir Derf

Adept
TL;DR, Shuffleboard events compared to Rotating Chest events (based on comparing Naturally Amazing vs. Lucky Fin) are better on average, and definitely better on minimum, when prioritizing Dailies, and worse on average when prioritizing Grand Prizes and Artifacts.

You are only guaranteed a single Daily if you stop opening shuffleboard doors. This is an unfair comparison. After all, the chance you have of winning multiple Dailies with rotating chests is only possible if you continue opening chests after you win the first Daily, so why are you preventing shuffleboard players from opening more doors after wining their first Daily?

Is shuffleboard worse than rotating chests when trying for Dailies? Is 45 currency to reshuffle a waste?
You are prioritizing Dailies - which means you are not prioritizing Grand Prizes/artifacts

Best case - Find the Daily on the first door - 25+45 currency = 70 currency for a Daily.

Bonus case - 3/16 chances of going 13 doors without finding Daily, 325 currency. Use the Spy and the Double, open a 14th door and get 2 Dailies. Then can either use the reshuffle for 45 or collect the final two doors for 50. Total 395 or 400 for 2 Dailies, or 197.5/200 currency per Daily.

Worst case - Find the daily on the 13th door. 13*25+45 reshuffle = 370 currency per Daily.

Non-Bonus cases, finding the Daily in 1-13 doors, average 6.5 doors, 162.5 currency + 45 reshuffle = average 207.5 currency per Daily.

So, 3 Bonus cases at 200 and 13 regular cases averaging 207.5 gives an overall average currency per Daily at essentially 206.

Start with 5,000 currency, shuffleboard guarantees 13 Dailies in the worst case, teases 71 Dailies in the best case, and averages 24 Dailies.

Compare with the odds on the best chest in the upcoming Lucky Fin, 227 currency per Daily. If you got the best chest every time, your odds are almost 10% lower on average, 22 Dailies, and you have a very large minority chance of having bad luck and getting way fewer than the guaranteed 13 Dailies.

Also, money-where-mouth time, several days ago I used all my currency to date, which was somewhere in the 3,000 range, and won 15 Dailies, including 3 uses of the Spy and Double after 13 doors.
Shuffleboard is better than rotating chests when trying for Dailies. Even with paying 45 currency to reshuffle.

What about Grand Prize progression?
Again, prioritizing Dailies...

3 Bonus cases, but opening all 16 boxes, 16 steps / 400 currency.
13 Average cases, average 6.5 steps / 207.5 currency

Overall, 8.28 steps / 243.59 currency, or about 1 step / 29.41 currency.

Start with 5,000 currency, proceed about 170 steps, about 9 grand prizes, 4 Artifacts.
Except a little better, because there are 1?2? doors with an extra step behind them?

Not prioritizing Dailies (ignoring specials. 25 currency per step, 200 steps, about 11 Grand Prizes, 5 Artifacts.

Prioritizing Steps, using the specials, assuming a single double step door. 3/16 times getting using the specials to double the double, so 400 currency to get 20 steps, 13/16 times get 17 steps in 400 currency. Average 17.56 steps with 400 Currency, about 22.7 Currency per step.

Start with 5,000 currency, proceed about 220 steps, 12 Grand Prizes, 6 Artifacts.

Compare with the odds of Lucky Fin. The worst odds chest is 25 per Step, the best is 18. Getting the best in Lucky Fin, 18 currency per step, about 277 steps, 14 Grand Prizes, 7 Artifacts.
Obviously, if you are prioritizing Dailies in this shuffleboard event, you will get lesser progress on Grand Prizes and Artifacts. You would also get less progress in a randomized chest event if you prioritized Dailies.

If you prioritize Grand Prizes and Artifacts, it does appear that Random Chests are better than Shuffleboard.

Shuffleboard events compared to Rotating Chest events (based on comparing Naturally Amazing vs. Lucky Fin) are better on average, and definitely better on minimum, when prioritizing Dailies, and worse on average when prioritizing Grand Prizes and Artifacts.

(Also, you have no idea how often I typed 'currecny' instead of 'currency'.)

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I hope that Inno won't mix up the daily prizes again. There's enough RNG in the game and I don't think we need more. The more uncertain the result is, the less effort I want to put in. It'd be great if they followed the same order of daily prizes as Beta so we can at least plan for some things and have less disappointment when things don't go our way and our efforts get wasted.

Sir Derf

Adept
If everything in Live exactly followed Beta, then Beta wouldn't really be Beta, now would it...

For the anxious types, you could always learn how to tell the future by, oh, I don't know, reading Tea leaves, or Tarot cards, or gamefiles...

OldHag

Necromancer
Well I managed to get 9 artefacts and the portrait...yay
As for the event, what's to say, it was just another event with another evolving building.

Sir Derf

Adept
I got 8 artifacts (not emphasizing) and 17 of my desired Dailies, 15 on a natural day (9 regular, and 3 doubled using Spy+Double when down to the last three), and 2 more after Rerolling multiple times on the final day (with several undesired Dailies), finally getting my desired Daily when down to the last three and having currency to open only 2 more, but having Spy+Double available.

Sir Derf

Adept
To the first, let me rephrase to be a little clearer... If everything in Live was guaranteed to exactly follow Beta, then Beta wouldn't really be Beta, now would it... One can hope that Beta testing verifies performance and Live will follow in lock-step. But, politely, going beyond hoping to expecting or even requiring Live matching Beta is an unjustified position.

To the second, please read a little closer... As they say on Sesame Street, "One of those things is not like the other..." :rolleyes: