• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Mykans Guide - Fighting guide

DeletedUser8502

That's strange m4rt1n, because they changed the domain in April of last year (not by choice, CloudFlare shut off their .ORG domain. They had to move to Amazon AWS).

I know I'm brand new here, but thought I'd mention it because we had the same issues with images not showing up on some of the other forums I frequent and we had to code a forum-wide search & replace for all the old links. :)

You can see lots of threads about the issue here: https://www.google.com/search?q=postimg.org+changed+to+postimg.cc

At any rate, just thought I'd mention it; like I said I know I'm brand new (just started playing last week, a friend dragged me over here), that why I was trying to acquaint myself with the fighting system by reading this thread in the first place. :)

(Frankly they all redirect to the new main site anyway, https://postimages.org :)

sail0r

Spellcaster
Hi everyone, I fight all my fights manually and I noticed that units with Strike Back ability (my Elder Treants for example) although they should strike back only once per round sometimes they strike back twice in a round and sometimes even 3 times. I tried to figure out what causes that. It looks like when the Strike Back causes the enemy to die you get another Strike Back. So I did have a Treant Strike Back 3 times because the first 2 that attacked him in that round died.
On the other hand, this does not work all the time. So I had Strike Backs where the enemy died but did not Strike Back when attacked again in the same round.
Has anybody figured out how this works?

Gargon667

Mentor
Hi everyone, I fight all my fights manually and I noticed that units with Strike Back ability (my Elder Treants for example) although they should strike back only once per round sometimes they strike back twice in a round and sometimes even 3 times. I tried to figure out what causes that. It looks like when the Strike Back causes the enemy to die you get another Strike Back. So I did have a Treant Strike Back 3 times because the first 2 that attacked him in that round died.
On the other hand, this does not work all the time. So I had Strike Backs where the enemy died but did not Strike Back when attacked again in the same round.
Has anybody figured out how this works?

this should be moved to the questions section.

To answer, no I have never seen units strike back more often than they are supposed to.

2 possible explanations (except for a bug) are: Are you sure it was not 2 different rounds? A round does not go from treant to treant, so for example one enemy will strike your treants in the same round after your treants move, then the new round starts and a different enemy unit will strike your treants before your treants get to go. In this situation you have 2 units strike your trees in different rounds but between your movements.
if you use 5 treants it can be hard to remember which one is which. Each of them gets a strikeback, so maybe 2 or 3 different ones get attacked and get to strike back.