1. Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dismiss Notice

My event over

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oscar park, Dec 6, 2018.

1. oscar park

oscar park Dreamer

Can I be the only one stuck? I can't gain 10 encounters as I need Orcs which I am nowhere near getting. Great event, not :-(

2. Dizzy Lizzie

Dizzy Lizzie Co-Community Manager Elvenar Team

Please contact Support about this quest.

Toni the mercyful likes this.
  3. SoggyShorts

SoggyShorts Soothsayer

What does support do about this? I've seen you suggest that players who are stuck on that quest contact support, but to what end?
    Is it to
    a) bring attention to the issue so that inno will change it going forwards
    b) for support to "auto-complete" the quest effectively letting the player skip it
    c) ??

I'm curious because AFAIK on the US servers players have contacted support and the response was "advance your techs and get a breeding ground"
    Surely you aren't recommending that players go through the support system just to be told they are indeed stuck and there's nothing to be done other than to go unlock more techs.

yo momma love me likes this.
  4. m4rt1n

m4rt1n Necromancer

I suggest that they just pass the quest for the player who is stuck, so lose the necessary goodies.
    An alternative if Inno do not want to address this problem directly in my opinion is to give to all levels of players universally in the first few quests 100 free Orcs also, and in the latter maybe another 200 free Orcs. This would not affect at all normal players but would allow all those overscouted the means to complete events.

5. SoggyShorts

SoggyShorts Soothsayer

@m4rt1n
    Well, there is something to be said for balance in the events. Consider that a player who has scouted and cleared over 100 extra provinces has about 11 more expansions than the average player at their level. This gives a very significant advantage in events, and I'm not convinced that there shouldn't be some sort of penalty for being so unbalanced.
    I mean the developers try to balance the quests for players in each chapter, but should they also try to balance them based on how many expansions you have? If not, then either events will be stupid easy for overscouters, or really hard for normal players.
    Another angle is that a player with 11 more expansions than average should a) be able to get to orcs pretty damn quick, and b) doesn't really need event stuff as much as a player with 11 fewer expansions does.

just some other ways to see it.

6. yo momma love me

yo momma love me Conjurer

yep, it's the players' faults and partially due to poor leadership in their fellowships for not providing good advice to their players. people in my fellowships have been warned of this potentially happening on several occasions. also players should have been advised to not clear too many encounters. then they could have seen that their provinces were starting to demand a resource that they didn't have and had the foresight to save encounters for events like this.

SoggyShorts likes this.