• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Multiple Manufacturers starting simultaneously

Autumn Goldleaf

Spellcaster
I'm sure this has been brought up before... but WHY can't we select all of our manufacturers to start at once, the same as Workshops can?
I am going to get RSI in this Adventure with so many T1!
Please, please, PLEASE???
I've seen it said that maybe you don't want to have the same length production on them all, but surely we could have the choice?

Timneh

Artisan
One reason that has been given in the past is that workshop productions do not cost anything but manufactory productions cost coins and supplies and a player might not have enough to start all the productions at once.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
That is correct @Timneh. It is something that we would like to have, but due to the resources issues, this is preventing it from happening currently.

Pauly7

Magus
The same answer is always offered, but I'm not really sure that's a good reason. I mean, if you want to start production on one manufactory, it will stop you if you don't have the required resources to complete the action. Why can that not be the case if you are starting multiple?

As regards RSI @Autumn Goldleaf, have you tried using the hotkeys? i.e. Click the manu then just press 1, to start a 3 hour production, or press 2 to start a 9 hour production. That helps a lot.

Gargon667

Mentor
I think it had something to do with different productions on different level factories in the same place, meaning the sentient options on the high level factories. If you had mixed non-sentient and sentient steel factories, 1 click would start a 3 h sentient production and a 24h steel production at the same time. making that work would require a hole bunch of new programming I think. Nothing Inno is willing to spend a lot of work hours on it seems. So the arrows on the app and the hotkeys on the browser will have to do.

as @Pauly7 pointed out production costs cannot be the problem.

Pauly7

Magus
If you had mixed non-sentient and sentient steel factories, 1 click would start a 3 h sentient production and a 24h steel production at the same time
That makes more sense. I guess the solution would be for all non-sentient level manus to fall into one group and the sentient ones to fall into a second group... and you can't multi-start both groups together. As you say, more programming maybe.

Autumn Goldleaf

Spellcaster
I think it had something to do with different productions on different level factories in the same place, meaning the sentient options on the high level factories. If you had mixed non-sentient and sentient steel factories, 1 click would start a 3 h sentient production and a 24h steel production at the same time. making that work would require a hole bunch of new programming I think. Nothing Inno is willing to spend a lot of work hours on it seems. So the arrows on the app and the hotkeys on the browser will have to do.

as @Pauly7 pointed out production costs cannot be the problem.
The point I am trying to make is that, as with Workshops, you could choose to start individual buildings if you want...
So if you wish to have your Sentient buildings doing something else, you could start them first, and then multi select your standard boosted to do something else...

Gargon667

Mentor
The point I am trying to make is that, as with Workshops, you could choose to start individual buildings if you want...
So if you wish to have your Sentient buildings doing something else, you could start them first, and then multi select your standard boosted to do something else...

The problem is that the game has to be programmed to do this if there is an option to start all at the same time, it can happen that different things will happen simultaneously. Right now the game is not programmed to do this, so you cannot simply add a checkbox "do all". If this is not programmed correctly it will cause an endless supply of bugs. I would assume the programmers have thought about it when they did the check box for WS and added the blue arrows for factories on the App at the same time. If a checkbox had been an option, they would have done it back then instead of programming the blue arrows in addition to the WS checkbox. Clearly an additional blue arrows solution was easier back then. Since nothing much has changed in goods production since then, I am rather sure the same is still true. Which is why the programmers are still not interested in putting in the effort to add a checkbox.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Well, it is not the ideal solution, but it helps!

While we can't queue all the manufacturers, you can start them with a good finger patter movement from the app. You will have the option to toggle between "next" and "prior" same manufacture (any level). So you can produce-next-produce-next... etc. You will go much faster than PC, and you will start to produce 100 t1s in about 30 seconds!

CrazyWizard

Shaman

Workshops do not need recources to start, factories need supplies, coins, and or goods to start working.
starting many at the same time could result in problems if not made correctly.

sgjennings

Adventurer
I'm sure this has been brought up before... but WHY can't we select all of our manufacturers to start at once, the same as Workshops can?
I am going to get RSI in this Adventure with so many T1!
Please, please, PLEASE???
I've seen it said that maybe you don't want to have the same length production on them all, but surely we could have the choice?

Hi, how do we get all our Workshops to start at once? I didn't know we could do this! Thanks.

I don't see any problem with starting multiple manufacturers at the same time. Inno would need to create a UI where players can create groups. You create a group and add your wished manufacturers. Then you do action on the group instead on the standalone manufacturers. As long as a manufacturer is assigned to a group and you do action on that the action will affect every item in the group.
Also,the client side logic communicates with the back-end logic. If back-end says there is not enough resource to start the production for the group then an error message appears. As it happens many other cases.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I don't see any problem with starting multiple manufacturers at the same time. Inno would need to create a UI where players can create groups. You create a group and add your wished manufacturers. Then you do action on the group instead on the standalone manufacturers. As long as a manufacturer is assigned to a group and you do action on that the action will affect every item in the group.
Also,the client side logic communicates with the back-end logic. If back-end says there is not enough resource to start the production for the group then an error message appears. As it happens many other cases.

there is no issue with it from our side, the issue is coding on there side.
There is a reason we got a do all on the app (and now also browser) and the arrows on the app.

Workshops do not need any goods so you can code to start them all at once without consequences.
Factories cost coins, supplies, goods and or seeds. it looks like there is something making the code for it difficult.

Otherwise they would not have opted for arrows instead of start all when they coded that on the app. what the issue is we do not know. but there seems to be some issue they need to solve first and since they failed on the app the first time it's a big question mark if the'll ever be able to do it withing budget contraints. (everything can be fixed solved as long as you throw enough recources at it, but that does not make it a viable option)