• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Multiple Cities

Pauly7

Magus
Multi accounts are allowed on the same server but not if they are created for the sole purpose of supplying one city with goods/ knowledge points. See the game rules:
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?pages/game_rules/
I have a question regarding this: I have heard quite a bit in the last week or so about these so-called "push" accounts and that they are against the rules.

I also see lots of people on the forum talking about their multiple cities - some people have one in each world plus others on beta. My thought about that was that I don't really understand how people have the time/inclination to dedicate themselves to all these different cities when I'm here feeling slightly bad about the amount of my life my one city sucks up. Yet people do it... and that's absolutely fine.

My question is, if it is allowed for a player to have multiple cities on the same server so long as they don't have "the sole purpose of supplying one city with goods/KP" then there could be quite a lot of people happy to dedicate the time to properly developing, say, 5 cities on the same server. It may be that that 4 of these cities are feeding back 50% of their KP to the parent city, but to all appearances surely these would appear as normal functioning cities. They would perhaps only be developing at half the speed that they might, but that's perfectly within the realms of normal because plenty of cities develop slower anyway. Would there be any way of policing this activity as these cities would still, technically, only exist for the sole purpose of supplying KP to the parent?

To take it one step further, they could fly under the radar much more easily if, for example in this scenario, the parent city waits until an AW is 40KP from upgrading then each one of their 'feeder' cities all dump 10KP each into it at the same time, at which point the AW immediately gets upgraded, thus wiping the evidence of what has happened. If someone were to be exploiting the system in this way then they wouldn't even figure as one of the ones that people notice and complain about.

DeletedUser3032

I also see lots of people on the forum talking about their multiple cities - some people have one in each world plus others on beta. My thought about that was that I don't really understand how people have the time/inclination to dedicate themselves to all these different cities when I'm here feeling slightly bad about the amount of my life my one city sucks up. Yet people do it... and that's absolutely fine.

I don't know either to be quite honest. Maybe they are on a plane flying backwards through the timezones to get 48hrs in a day? :)

My question is, if it is allowed for a player to have multiple cities on the same server so long as they don't have "the sole purpose of supplying one city with goods/KP" then there could be quite a lot of people happy to dedicate the time to properly developing, say, 5 cities on the same server. It may be that that 4 of these cities are feeding back 50% of their KP to the parent city, but to all appearances surely these would appear as normal functioning cities. They would perhaps only be developing at half the speed that they might, but that's perfectly within the realms of normal because plenty of cities develop slower anyway. Would there be any way of policing this activity as these cities would still, technically, only exist for the sole purpose of supplying KP to the parent?

There are players who try and hide the fact they are doing it. Removing wonders off roads after a bunch of KP from their alts have thrown all their KP into them. One of the main ways that has become apparent is that they are using alts with very low levels to do the tournaments as the catering costs are far lower. So having 10 low-level alt accounts getting 1k points secures the 10th chest. If the main account had done 1k points, it would have cost him/her the same amount as it did the 10 alts accounts combined. It appears to be happening more with the players with lots of premium buildings because they want the 'free' blueprints to upgrade those buildings. The KP from the tournaments in the alt accounts gets push out to any main accounts in the fellowship. Several people in 1 FS could be making use of 5-10 alt accounts each to do this. 5 Mains and 20 alts for example. The alts only add a minimum amount of points so they remain as making 'progress'.

There are people who have admitted on other communities that they often put a certain percentage of their KP per day from their alt accounts into mains. the reason that was given was that they would never be able to upgrade AWs without doing it because their FS is rubbish and also their NH. But the others they are getting random accounts from the middle of nowhere, no affiliation, not neighbours and no in the same FS donate KP to them in the 100's and guess what.. they have similar names... funny that.

To take it one step further, they could fly under the radar much more easily if, for example in this scenario, the parent city waits until an AW is 40KP from upgrading then each one of their 'feeder' cities all dump 10KP each into it at the same time, at which point the AW immediately gets upgraded, thus wiping the evidence of what has happened. If someone were to be exploiting the system in this way then they wouldn't even figure as one of the ones that people notice and complain about.

Yup as I said in last part, pulling AWs from roads so people looking at the cities cant click on them and also like you said upgrading them the instant they have all the KP. Which what they may be doing is holding onto all the KP from tournaments in the alts accounts until they have enough combined to throw into one of the mains AWs to instantly upgrade it.

We can report people and the team look into them 'apparently' however we would be asked to provide evidence which for a player is almost impossible to do.
Passing 3 star trades from alt > mains would be hard to pick up on, as we don't know who actually picks up the trades. It would be done pretty dam quick and in 1 big trade I'd suspect. You would only see the Alt accounts trade listed.
Inno do not comment on the outcome of any thing. We have evidence of players multi-accounting, account sharing and pushing the mains but they seem to still be here adding points weekly.

Lelanya

Mentor
All this fuss and flutter just creates difficulty for players who have multiple cities for legitimate reasons. Some players want to test out different races. Others want to go back to fighting in the provinces but overextended with their 1st account. Some are exploring at what point it is advisable to skip optional size upgrades. Others have found the 25 players allowed in a f/s too small and use another account to open a 2nd f/s as our long promised increase has not occurred.

Fact is alts face discrimination on a regular basis. So I pose it to you: what is the value of an alt? If the 2nd account visits, trades, tourneys, swaps, advises and assists others then should they not have the same rights as any other player?

Pauly7

Magus
Fact is alts face discrimination on a regular basis. So I pose it to you: what is the value of an alt? If the 2nd account visits, trades, tourneys, swaps, advises and assists others then should they not have the same rights as any other player?
You make a fair point regarding the use of alternative accounts and more than anything it maybe answers my question about why so many people run all these different cities at once (the one's doing it within the rules I mean.)

However those things that you list in the quote above - if they are doing this in addition to the fact that they have been set up with the purpose of supplying a main account with goods and KP then no they don't have the same rights as anyone else as they would have been set up for reasons that are against the rules.

Fuss and flutter there may be, but the source of your problem is the people out there that don't have the alternate cities for legitimate reasons, not those causing the fuss and flutter.

I should point out that I'm only really joining a conversation about this. It isn't something that I've even knowingly encountered.

DeletedUser3032

All this fuss and flutter just creates difficulty for players who have multiple cities for legitimate reasons. Some players want to test out different races. Others want to go back to fighting in the provinces but overextended with their 1st account. Some are exploring at what point it is advisable to skip optional size upgrades. Others have found the 25 players allowed in a f/s too small and use another account to open a 2nd f/s as our long promised increase has not occurred.

No fuss and flutter for anyone having multiple accounts. As long as people play by the rules whats the problem?

I genuinely don't see a problem with people having multiple cities, even if a city is set up to supply the Parent city kp's. Who is it hurting? If you have the time, and the inclination why not? I don't see it as anyone else's business to be honest. It's a tactic to help their city grow. That's all. That's my view anyway ;)

DeletedUser3032

Unfortunately, AWs have a far outreach and do not just affect yourself.

Think of pushing the main accounts wonders up to high levels, what do these all have in common, what could they effect in the game for other players in the same FS and also outside.

Sanctuary/Martial Monastery -
  1. - Increases the health of your troops when in battle
Dwarven Bulwark -
  1. - Produces Barracks' Light Melee Units every 3 hours as a percentage of your current squadsize (rounded up to the next whole number).
  2. - Increases the Barracks' Training Size as a percentage of you current squadsize (rounded up to the next whole number).
Mountain Halls -
  1. - Increases the production boosts for your manufactories
Heroes' Forge -
  1. - Breeds a certain number of Orcs every 24 hours. As a percentage of completed Provinces (rounded up)
  2. - Increases the strength of your Heavy Melee Units.
Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms -
  1. - Produces your Barracks' Light Ranged Units every 3 hours - as a percentage of your current squadsize (rounded up).
  2. - Each level of your Armories increases the training size in your Barracks.
Flying Academy -
  1. / - Produces units of your Barracks Mages every 3 hours (as a percentage of Mage Units per Squad, rounded up).
  2. - Increases the training speed of your Mercenary Camp (number rounded up).
Temple of the Toads -
  1. - Produces your Barracks' Heavy Ranged Units every 3 hours - as a percentage of your current squadsize (rounded up).
  2. - Increases the strength of your Heavy Ranged Units.

The all have the ability to increase the number of tournament/regular provinces you can do, which helps the FS and puts other players out of a chance of hitting the first page and obtaining ranking points. There are many reasons why it is wrong to push accounts. It's against the rules so it's not up for debate anyway.

Timneh

Artisan
I genuinely don't see a problem with people having multiple cities, even if a city is set up to supply the Parent city kp's. Who is it hurting? If you have the time, and the inclination why not? I don't see it as anyone else's business to be honest. It's a tactic to help their city grow. That's all. That's my view anyway ;)

The problem is that the people with the push accounts are breaking the rules. Innos rules. It would not matter if every player in the game thought that there was no problem with having multiple accounts to push main accounts, Inno have said that it is not allowed so it is not allowed. Most players stick to that rule but there are some that do have push accounts and those players have a massively unfair advantage over the players that stick to the rules. Some players (i assume) are interested in getting as high up the rankings as they can and they don't really have a chance against players with push accounts.

DeletedUser4528

We can report people and the team look into them 'apparently' however we would be asked to provide evidence which for a player is almost impossible to do.
Passing 3 star trades from alt > mains would be hard to pick up on, as we don't know who actually picks up the trades. It would be done pretty dam quick and in 1 big trade I'd suspect. You would only see the Alt accounts trade listed.
Inno do not comment on the outcome of any thing. We have evidence of players multi-accounting, account sharing and pushing the mains but they seem to still be here adding points weekly.

If anyone believes that someone is cheating, then please report that to us in support. You do not have to get any evidence, just a rational explanation of why and how you think a person is cheating. We can then look at the account in fine detail. Remember, everything you do on your account is logged, every time you move anything, sell anything, trade anything, it is all there for us to see.

DeletedUser3032

If anyone believes that someone is cheating, then please report that to us in support. You do not have to get any evidence, just a rational explanation of why and how you think a person is cheating. We can then look at the account in fine detail. Remember, everything you do on your account is logged, every time you move anything, sell anything, trade anything, it is all there for us to see.

Already have. Blatantly obvious and the personS in question + a few others even admitting sharing account details. Their still here though. So if we have proof, even though you don't need it, how come they are still active and still breaking the rules daily... that's the question. 'We cannot and will not discuss it' Hmmm. Think if you dived into their accounts and check KP/unfair trades going in and not out from their alts and shared account you'd be shocked if you have not looked already, but maybe the mods and CM are turning a blind eye. No offence.

Timneh

Artisan
@Shamy there is quite a big discussion on the subject of push accounts and reporting them on the gamers values thread. If i remember correctly there is even a player admitting to having push accounts on that thread (but im not certain). Muf-Muf was quite involved in that thread also so he must have seen that post but as far as i know (not checked lately) that player is still in the game.

Lelanya

Mentor
Already have. Blatantly obvious and the personS in question + a few others even admitting sharing account details. Their still here though. So if we have proof, even though you don't need it, how come they are still active and still breaking the rules daily... that's the question. 'We cannot and will not discuss it' Hmmm. Think if you dived into their accounts and check KP/unfair trades going in and not out from their alts and shared account you'd be shocked if you have not looked already, but maybe the mods and CM are turning a blind eye. No offence.
So where is the high level player with all the variant alts; the one when tells anyone who asks he has a FB account for each one? Missing for 5 weeks now and all his push accounts deleted with only 2 exceptions...

DeletedUser3032

So where is the high level player with all the variant alts; the one when tells anyone who asks he has a FB account for each one? Missing for 5 weeks now and all his push accounts deleted with only 2 exceptions...

;) There's a few. Not only high-level players though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3032

You tell me. ;/

As long as people stick to the rules and play fair who cares. But there are those who don't and there is eyes watching them.