• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Multiplayer in the Spire of Eternity

Alcaro

Necromancer
I am very upset I didn't write down what rewards I won and see what I actually got. I think I got fewer diamonds than expected .. Next week I will do it. :(

Btw, could we have a visualization of the Spire rewards like we have on tournaments? Once you closed the pop-up window all the info is gone.

Deleted User - 1759805

I am very upset I didn't write down what rewards I won and see what I actually got. I think I got fewer diamonds than expected .. Next week I will do it. :(

Btw, could we have a visualization of the Spire rewards like we have on tournaments? Once you closed the pop-up window all the info is gone.
It's there, try to refresh your browser. It doesn't show up right away, but did show up after the refresh.

DeletedUser8632

And why not swap out the 10% PP at least in the boss chest for each level and replace them with something even remotely useful?

Edit: Just realised I complained about this before. Well, I am complaining again because I got it... again.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I love the fact that the last chest is rubbish,
That thing unlike most of the prize points is way to hard to achieve as a guild, this saves me the trouble of rallying my guildmates and making them fatiqued.
With now events, tournaments and spire it's simply to hard to achieve that goal, while the 10th eand 11th chest are much more achievable.

so I love the current setup.
ps. a blueprint would not even be a prize at this point as well, since the tournaments are sooooooooo much easier to get one.

Jackluyt

Shaman
My two cents worth!
IMO, The multiplayer Spire is a great success! Fellowships doing just the first two stages are getting a load of really useful items - and everyone gets in proportion to what they give. There is still a room for improvement though:
1. The prizes are boring. It would be so easy to sneak in some surprise mystery items.
2. It is too easy to run out of goods halfway through an encounter. The Spire screen blocks off your top menu bar, so you don't see what you are using. This could be easily fixed.
3. Stage Three is wickedly expensive. Very few of my fellowship bother with it, stopping at Stage Two. Is this the intention?
4. For players who do not do either Guest Races and / or Set Buildings, there is too much worthless clutter among the prizes Also too many Spell fragments. I have tons of Portal Profits for which my only use is Disenchantment. It would be nice to see fewer of these.
5. Poor incentive: The strong point about Fellowship Adventures is that there is a Leader Board where fellowships can track their progress and compare to other groups; there are different special prizes that give incentive to players to get involved. A similar leader board for the Spire with a special Prize / Prizes for the top fellowship would do a lot to get reluctant players involved.
6. While on the subject, a similar Leader Board would also help to popularize the Tournaments!

I hope someone passes these suggestions to the design team

Happy Christmas!!

80716180_10215515585503396_3559590760879751168_n.jpg

Hekata

Artisan
Now that I'e played it a few times I find the spire multi-player aspect to be a good improvement as it does help out a lot with CC and with boosters.
However, getting that 10%PP that is it the boss chests instead of a teleport spell is like being shown a middle finger. Especially for the second boss chest. Can it be replaced with something else? 1 RR spell? A 14/20 hours booster? 20/30 kps? Or at the very least a bigger PP like 50% or 100 %.

Pauly7

Magus
Now that the multiplayer Spire has run 10 times (I think), I'm wondering how everyone's luck has been winning magic buildings.

If we play the first two stages of the Spire then each we have a 1 in 10 chance of winning a Magic Residence and a 1 in 20 chance of winning a Magic Workshop. By my calculations that means we have a 15% chance of winning one or the other each week and having done this 10 times then on average people playing those stages will have won 1.5 magic buildings, with twice as many residences won than workshops.

For me I haven't yet won one, which is frustrating, but not too unusual an outcome in 10 trials. I wonder, though, how many people are in the same boat as me and how many people have beat the odds so far in winning 2 (or more?) magic buildings from the Spire.

Julian

Sorcerer
I do the first level and a little bit of the second. Have won 2 magic residences, 1 genie, 0 magic workshops.

Errandil

Conjurer
With doing at least the first two floors each week since the spire release I won 1 MR and 0 MW so far. On the other hand I got 8 moonstone libraries, so I can't really complain about the prizes.

DeletedUser3571

I have managed 1 MR from completing first stage every week and 1 MW from completing the second stage 3 or 4 times (not sure)

Hekata

Artisan
I do 2 stages every week and I have won 2 MR in my main city and 1 MR + 1MW in my other city. However I must say that I have won all of that in the first 2 or 3 weeks when MR ans MW have appeared and nothing since then. I keep getting only pp or diamonds.

And since we are speaking of spire stats, has anyone noticed that the number of mystery chests has dropped since the multiplayer feature has started? I used to get 2 or 3 per stage, and now I'm luck if I get 1. I've noticed that in both my cities but ofc it could be just a streak of very bad luck.

DeletedUser8409

Now that the multiplayer Spire has run 10 times (I think), I'm wondering how everyone's luck has been winning magic buildings.

If we play the first two stages of the Spire then each we have a 1 in 10 chance of winning a Magic Residence and a 1 in 20 chance of winning a Magic Workshop. By my calculations that means we have a 15% chance of winning one or the other each week and having done this 10 times then on average people playing those stages will have won 1.5 magic buildings, with twice as many residences won than workshops.

For me I haven't yet won one, which is frustrating, but not too unusual an outcome in 10 trials. I wonder, though, how many people are in the same boat as me and how many people have beat the odds so far in winning 2 (or more?) magic buildings from the Spire.
Close. Odds of getting at least one building per week is 14.5%

I'm in the same boat of not having received any yet. Odds of that happening over 10 weeks is just over 20%.

So all else being equal a fifth of players who have done first two maps each week won't have a building yet.

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I have won 1 magic residency and 1 magic workshop. I always do stage 1 and usually do stage two as well. I wouldn't mind getting those again ;)

I've noticed that I get less chests as well.

Pauly7

Magus
So most people so far have won 1 or 2. It is heartening to know that it still should happen at some point!

Sometimes I think that mystery chests are disappearing, but then sometimes I get a ton. I think it was last week I seemed to be getting one every other stage.

Didee

Seeker
I usually do stage 1, but quite often I do also stage 2. I've won 4 Moonstone Libraries. A lot of Gum Trees, but never a Moonstone Gate. And never Magic Residence or Workshop. Or a Genie, unfortunately.

Also, I've noticed that since the last FA, the teleportation spells seem to avoid me. :) The chest are less, at least for me.

I don't have a lot of luck at winning things, so I've thought this is the reason why I "swim" in spell fragments. Even when there is a lesser chance to win them, I still get ... spell fragments.

m4rt1n

Adept
I have completed every spire since its introduction, and for the time boosters alone it has been worth it.

I gain diamonds weekly from completing the spire and now the multiplayer extra's have been added even more so.

One thing though, at almost 200k spell fragments in inventory isn't it time some of these prizes were switched out, maybe add the 3 military temp buildings in place of some, the MMM, UUU and ELR as they are vary rare these days in crafting. Everyone who plays one or more event has more than enough to disenchant for spell fragments.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I have completed two levels of Spire every week in my Winyandor city ever since the magic buildings were introduced in the rewards. Finally today I won my first magic building - the residence.

DeletedUser9340

I gain diamonds weekly from completing the spire and now the multiplayer extra's have been added even more so.
I am too unlucky.I haven't won a single one yet!
One thing though, at almost 200k spell fragments in inventory isn't it time some of these prizes were switched out, maybe add the 3 military temp buildings in place of some, the MMM, UUU and ELR as they are vary rare these days in crafting. Everyone who plays one or more event has more than enough to disenchant for spell fragments.
This part I 200% agree with u,Martin :)

DeletedUser9340

I have completed two levels of Spire every week in my Winyandor city ever since the magic buildings were introduced in the rewards. Finally today I won my first magic building - the residence.
Congrats ;)

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I won six total, but also I won two magic workshops, and I maybe this week I will get another one.

I use a lot the Law of Attraction with the Spire, and I have four spire sets, plus a ton of extras (I am in Whynador if you want to check) I normally do only until the 1st part of 2nd floor (where my FS rewards arrive.) Otherwise, I would have parted with the Spire already. However, even if I do not want more big prices in the Spire, it keeps on dropping. For example, this week upon doing the first fragment of the second floor, and call it a week... look what happened (so, it is not like leaving now this part undone.)

lucky.jpg

Yes, two purple chests, out of four battles... and I get a ton of chests yellow, purple, and some of the more common blue, and the bosses usually drop library pieces or magic stuff (and I have 3 50% PP rotting... as I almost don't need them, and I have over 100 of 10% ones.

Edit: And I said this in multiple post, visualize yourself with the rewards, plan for room in your city for your desire drop here, assume you will get it, feel you have it already, plan with it... and the Spire will get loose, loose, loose... trust me... now, it can't stop dropping rares.

Edit next day: I got a genie (the first genie ever, despite getting several magic buildings and spire pieces) from the first purple chest, and a blue one spawned with a tree. Waiting for the gate to open to access the other purple chest.

(And thinking of finishing the floor, I need a magic workshop and possibly I can manifest it, and get it from the boss. The trick is to press click, and only let go of the button when you feel "now what I need will drop.") Will update the second purple.

Edit Again: Three teleports in the second one, not as exciting, but still nice.

Last edited: