• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Multiplayer in the Spire of Eternity

Gargon667

Mentor
Yes, and then it took them around 2 years (i think) to give the new NH system to browser players. It was the new NH system that made them nerf the lighthouse/bellspire in the first place.

It was nerfed because it needed nerfing :p As it was all factories were completely pointless. All you needed to do was upgrade the Lighthouse and you had all the goods and more than you needed... The game was intended to be played using factories, so they restored it to make factories necessary.

Funny note: The game also was intended to be played using WS, however they made WS so bad it is rather silly to actually use them and since devs handed out enough alternatives (in the last year or 2) there is no need to play the game as intended any more. The devs corrected this problem only in chapter 15, when finally WS become acceptable buildings for the first time.

Gargon667

Mentor
I'm not certain whether I'm right, but I advised this of a new fellow in my FS and she didn't come back and say otherwise. I'm not commenting on which fellowship gets which points. Just on whether you are eligible for your new fellowship's rewards.

Maybe you could switch fellowships every day and get a lot of stage one prizes, but if you did that you would very quickly find yourself with no good fellowships to join.

There are 3 "players" involved here:

1. Your old FS: Keeps the points you earned for them
2. Your new FS: Gets the points you earn for them
3. You: Nothing changes for you at all. Not your points, nor your progress, all stays exactly where it is and you simply continue, you can even do some encounters as a solo player in between FS, but then no FS gets any points.
The team rewards you get depend on the FS you are in at the time when the rewards are handed out. The rules don´t change, as always it depends on how high you have climbed and how many points your FS has earned, which means (given you have finished sufficiently well yourself) that you will get more rewards if you join a better FS (duh!), even if you have not contributed anything to the new FS.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
The Spire set is much more powerful than any other building in the game. Producing tier 2 goods with max. boosted manufactories is less than half as effective as production with endless scrolls / mana tree combos. And there is no limit about the amount of buildings to posess - truly endless Scrolls for everybody.
Silk and Crystal producers, consider reducing your production by 1/3, trade for the respective other good and produce your own Scrolls with the Spire set.
Scrolls producers, too bad for you, everybody produces their own Scrolls, nobody is going to trade with you, you will have to quit sooner or later.
So the Spire set is capable of ruining the game for one third of the players. I think that's extremely powerful.

In image is worth a thousand words:

library.JPG

I am silk, three of them max boosted, and I produce more scrolls.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
okey instead of lowering the drop rate for the building set why not remove all building option from floor 2.3 and put that % on the first floor?

while "theoretical" you will have the same numbers of building won in practise the frustration will not be the same.

since in a single run of the spire the chances will be to get 1 piece or none while now you may get more than one which will increase the frustration to the players, since human memory is very selective and will only remember the bad outcomes and not the times you had a good run on spire and got what you wanted to get.

you can even take it one step further and put in last boss of the 1st floor all 6 pieces at 15% and 10% oft the magical residence
and you can move the diamonds to the other bosses of that floor.

which will make sure new players to get 1 piece per run of tower, and for old players the frustration will be gone since they will expect to get that 1 piece anyway.

1st floor is for new players and new player ar ethe ones that will need th emost of the buildign set.
while the old players can have the rest 2 floors building free of the set to get more desire rewards.

therte can be found a solution to try to please both new and old players.

yeah the picture worth lots, but the problem is that players had the chance of good % drop rate to make it that. so now he is i am okey change the rules so i can win more desired gifts and let the new players to suffer.

if company removes the buildign set form other floors, and bring their % down to the first floor it will be a good compromise for all sides.