• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Moving a City

DeletedUser

OMG - My ch12 city got moved o_O

And there's actual players and trades ;)

It's definitely closer to the centre of the map. There's a good deal of ch12 and above cities. Time will now show how many are actually alive.

Gargon667

Mentor
It is interesting, maybe this means they do more moving now? I have never been moved and I don´t remember ever having gotten towns moved into my area, but I am nearly certain I got 2 new neighbours moved here yesterday, one Orc and one Faerie. I can´t say about lower chapters, I don´t think I would notice a new chapter 4 or 5 town (not sure they even bother moving those?)
But I suppose that would mean I am closer to the center part than the outskirts of the map and will never be moved, not that I mind too much, my neighbourhood is semi active at least :) Others are far worse off than I am. If this happens a few more times that I get active new neighbours moved in, I guess my neighbourhood could become quite nice actually and there would be no more need to move whatsoever.

Geographically speaking it is strange because I am rather close to the Northern edge of the map (without actually reaching the wastelands. But I am rather central in East-West direction.

Pauly7

Magus
Geographically speaking it is strange because I am rather close to the Northern edge of the map (without actually reaching the wastelands. But I am rather central in East-West direction.
I don't know how you figure that stuff out. Do you have to keep scrolling the map until you run out of cities?

Giraffi

Enchanter

It's definitely closer to the centre of the map. There's a good deal of ch12 and above cities. Time will now show how many are actually alive.
May I ask on which world this happened? My mates on A are starting to talk about being moved.

Pauly7

Magus
You zoom to 33% and scroll around.
Still a tremendous faff, haha, especially as it takes an age to scroll when you're zoomed right out.

OK, so when zoomed to 25%, I run out of cities when I scroll about 5 screens downwards. If I go left I've only got 3 or 4 screens before they disappear. If I go right, then I've got about 12 screens. If I go upwards there's about 15 screens.

So I guess I'm in the bottom left quadrant. One thing I noticed was that when scrolling left or right there's a sudden wall between where the cities are packed in and where there are no cities. If I go up and down then they seem to gradually thin out to nothing on the peripheries.

Gargon667

Mentor
I don't know how you figure that stuff out. Do you have to keep scrolling the map until you run out of cities?

Yes basically :) I use the App for it, it scrolls much faster... And of course you need luck to be close to one of the edges, it gets complicated otherwise ;) I guess if you can´t reach an edge in any direction then you know you´re central :D

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I find that my computer gets memory overload when trying to scroll on the map, but I do not see that at all on the app. They say the world is round, so @Gargon667 , I guess you will never find the edge ..... :D

Gargon667

Mentor
I find that my computer gets memory overload when trying to scroll on the map, but I do not see that at all on the app. They say the world is round, so @Gargon667 , I guess you will never find the edge ..... :D
lol, you should know! One of your little cities IS the edge ;)

CrazyWizard

Shaman

Thats why you should never toggle the option off.
That spot might have been gogin to someone else and while everyone around you might have moved you sty in no-mans land.

By then it's too late because all good sport are taken.
It looks like they are actively moving again, this means now is the moment to get a good spot. it has been offline for such a long time that there are a lot of good spots left.
Once the big moves are made, it goed back to small moves with little opportunities, if you miss this big move now, you most likely end up at the edge of the world.

SkyRider99

Mentor
I noticed a similar thing a couple of years ago. Over time I have discovered more than 600 provinces and most of my neighbours are now occupied. But for me there has always been a large number of neighbour cities that are inactive or deserted. Even in this situation I don't get a lot of trades from my neighbours. Maybe my quantities are too big for some to exchange, or I have more inactive neighbours than I thought :)

DeletedUser5181

Goodness, my whole map in arendyll is bei g moved out. I am up to 63 gold pits, and it grows every Monday. Even big active cities are being swept away. Took 2 years to get a good, active map there where the trader was moving, so they better move me too!

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Goodness, my whole map in arendyll is bei g moved out. I am up to 63 gold pits, and it grows every Monday. Even big active cities are being swept away. Took 2 years to get a good, active map there where the trader was moving, so they better move me too!
Make sure you do not have it disabled in the settings.
This is why nobody should activate that setting anyway, as you might be left alone.

I noticed a similar thing a couple of years ago. Over time I have discovered more than 600 provinces and most of my neighbours are now occupied. But for me there has always been a large number of neighbour cities that are inactive or deserted. Even in this situation I don't get a lot of trades from my neighbours. Maybe my quantities are too big for some to exchange, or I have more inactive neighbours than I thought :)
Now the system is reactivated again this should change over time. assuming they have completely reactivated it.
This means that players who haven't logged in in ~about 4 weeks time will be put into storage.
There locations can then be filled with new players or active players.

This means that slowly active players are moved more and more to the center of the map, increasing trades and neighbourly help in the future.
one of my accounts has been at the map centre for years now, and if I keep teasing my neigbours often enough to keep them active I get more daily help from them than fit in my notifications.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Always remember guys that once you've found an ideal spot for active neighbours you can pop into your settings to deactivate the ability to be moved! :)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
How do you know your city is at the centre of the map and how do you tease your neighbours?

Because back in the days we where told who player 1 was at that time and he was a close neigbour.
Also I never got moved, but all people around me got moved towards me.

If you give them neighbourly help you are more likely to get it returned. once you are off there notifications you are less likely to have it returned.
So once or twice a week you need to help all your neighbours to set yourself back on that notification system when you where kicked off.
Always remember guys that once you've found an ideal spot for active neighbours you can pop into your settings to deactivate the ability to be moved! :)
Thats the worst advice ever given, that option should be removed, it had it's time back in the day, but is a bad option today.