• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

World Map Move long-term inactive players

• Thread starter DeletedUser5093
  • Start date

DeletedUser5093

Currently when an active player finds themselves in a position in the world map where all their neighbours are inactive they are able to get themselves moved closer to the centre of the map (where there are more active players), but this is highly dependent on availability, so it tends to be a pretty slow process. From my understanding, places only come up when accounts are deleted, which usually only happens after 30 days of inactivity unless the account meets other criteria, in which case it is exempt. As I don't know what these criteria are I'll assume for the purposes of the discussion that there's a good reason that a player who hasn't played for many months or has named their city "Abandoned" shouldn't have their account deleted. Regardless of the logistics of the process, the fact remains that availability is extremely low.

My suggestion is that since these long-term inactive accounts won't be deleted, could they instead be moved to a new location further away from the centre of the map once they've been inactive for more than a certain length of time, e.g. 100 days. This will open up more map positions nearer the centre that active players can move into, which will both speed up this process and increase the concentration of active players in any one area, meaning everyone will have more active neighbours, which is useful for both neighbourly help and trading. Also, if those long-term inactive players ever do return to the game, they still have their cities as they left them, all that's changed is they have new neighbours, and they can always request a move closer to the centre of the map.

cwgiii

Shaman
+1. I soooo agree. However, I do agree with Warren Piece, unlikely.

Just speculating here, but I think that there is some logic in Inno's mind(s) to maintain the status quo. Is it possible that having these inactive accounts somehow distributes the concentration of active accounts in such a way that helps new players (in some twisted way)??? Don't get me wrong, I would like the concept of earning your way into the center of the map by remaining active. But, would that then make it impossible to open up any single positions for new players to populate. Then those new players would only be able to join in at the edge of the map and more would drop out because of this seemingly lack of players? Just a thought.

DeletedUser5976

New players join in droves and go inactive almost as fast. Most of them before they have built a Trader and discovered the importance of active neighbours. However those that persevere and find an FS can already trade enough to keep their interest in the game. And they will also be moved towards the center as more space opens up.

After all those long-time inactives are doing no one any good and just taking up space. Moving them to the edges would open up space for actives on the edges and new players alike.

DeletedUser5254

Just speculating here, but I think that there is some logic in Inno's mind(s) to maintain the status quo. Is it possible that having these inactive accounts somehow distributes the concentration of active accounts in such a way that helps new players (in some twisted way)???

Well, it's a lie I choose to believe in.
Because the truth is far worse than any one of us can even imagine.
Come on Elvenar 2.0

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Its just because they can't delete accounts that might be able to charge back real world spending if their account isn't accessible. And the system of moving players around doesn't work that well.

m4rt1n

Adept
I agree also, but certainly think just looking through the city names, Inno should manually move cities to the edge named for example "I quit playing" or "No longer playing", or the many in the 30,000-50,000 score range that just have the undeletable buildings left and everything else is gone.

m4rt1n

Adept

Hi @cwgiii it is nice that you agree, but also for me and others reading the forum it would be nice if you could add a few words of your opinion (otherwise you could just like the post) or the forum will become yes/no and be pointless. Also I'd like to hear your thoughts and idea's on the problem. :)

cwgiii

Shaman
@m4rt1n
I believe I have expressed my opinions on the problem above and in at least 5 other threads on the topic. Unfortunately, this problem has been identified, discussed, railed about, and bemoaned for many years now. Many potential solutions have been proposed. And, unfortunately, at this point, I still find it unlikely that anything will ever change on the subject. For what ever reason (or multiple reasons), Inno wants to keep things as they are.

m4rt1n

Adept
Ok my apologies, but the situation is getting no attention from Inno and is affecting a lot of game players now. :)

Lelanya

Mentor
How about this? There is an allow automatic movement button that most players never look for . So at the end of chapter three when the account is safe from deletion there could be some small quests with good rewards that walk players thru the settings process. Included in that is move player to a quiet neighbourhood that must be changed to avoid this.
Non declinable perhaps

DeletedUser5976

Older players probably don't have the automatic movement button checked and therefore can only be moved manually I guess. However I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to override this option for accounts inactive for 3 months or for accounts that get flagged as inactive. It would be good to get some feedback on this by the devs. If it's impossible then we at least know and don't have to bring the issue up again.

DeletedUser5093

Just speculating here, but I think that there is some logic in Inno's mind(s) to maintain the status quo. Is it possible that having these inactive accounts somehow distributes the concentration of active accounts in such a way that helps new players (in some twisted way)??? Don't get me wrong, I would like the concept of earning your way into the center of the map by remaining active. But, would that then make it impossible to open up any single positions for new players to populate. Then those new players would only be able to join in at the edge of the map and more would drop out because of this seemingly lack of players? Just a thought.

If this is a problem, then it could be easily resolved by just reserving a certain percentage of these empty places for new players. It would still mean there'd be a lot more places available than there are now for established players wishing to move neighbourhoods.

I agree also, but certainly think just looking through the city names, Inno should manually move cities to the edge named for example "I quit playing" or "No longer playing", or the many in the 30,000-50,000 score range that just have the undeletable buildings left and everything else is gone.

That would be ideal, however there's so many like that that I suspect a manual process would be impractical from the staff's point of view. An automated process that identifies and moves those who have been inactive for at least 100 days (or whatever the limit is set at) would still catch all such players eventually, and from my understanding would be relatively easy to implement. I expect a lot of those players already meet this criteria, so that alone would open up a lot of places immediately if this system were implemented.

I'm very surprised (and pleased) to see how popular my suggestion has been. Crossed fingers that this means we get some feedback from the notoriously silent devs on it. One can dream. :p

Deleted User - 384643

I'm very surprised (and pleased) to see how popular my suggestion has been. Crossed fingers that this means we get some feedback from the notoriously silent devs on it. One can dream. :p
If Inno refuses to delete inactive players just because they reached chapter 3 or have some diamonds in their account then at least move them away to the edge of the map after 30+ days of inactivity. This seems like a no-brainer to me.
It's very demoralizing to see so many good ideas to improve this game come up in the forums and then nothing becomes of it.
There are lots of subjects and ideas we'd like to get some feedback on from the Elvenar devs, unfortunately none of them ever bother. :(

Killiak

Artisan
If Inno refuses to delete inactive players just because they reached chapter 3 or have some diamonds in their account then at least move them away to the edge of the map after 30+ days of inactivity. This seems like a no-brainer to me.
It's very demoralizing to see so many good ideas to improve this game come up in the forums and then nothing becomes of it.
There are lots of subjects and ideas we'd like to get some feedback on from the Elvenar devs, unfortunately none of them ever bother. :(

Apparently the Devs have something like 100+ suggestions and ideas in their "to-do list", or so @Muf-Muf said a while ago.

So I guess this one is not very high on that list.

DeletedUser5093

One of my favourite things about many of the online games I play (but not this one) is good developer feedback. It helps build community spirit and morale, and encourages a love of the game. I will often see suggestions with a staff comment on them saying something like "this sounds like a great idea, I'll look into it/add it to my to-do list" or "while this sounds nice, it's not actually possible because of X". There's also news articles saying what features are in the works, and things like that. Be it positive or negative, the feedback is appreciated, and it's one of the biggest disappointments about this game that the devs seem to be just a bunch of silent, faceless entities, and any such communication is non-existent. It makes it feel like they just see the players as money-making cogs in a machine, not members of a community whose opinions are valued.