• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Motivating Builders

m4rt1n

Adept
I hate having to search for players' builders huts when they request that in their city name , as , I'm sure , does everyone else. My simple solution to this problem is , If you want your Builders motivated , put your BH next to your MH. :rolleyes::p

My first choice is Builders Hut, and guess what. I made sure it was placed next to my Main Hall. ;)

DeletedUser7733

People can do and will do whatever they want but if they want help they should make it easy. The easier they make it, the more help they will get. Looking for a builder that already got all the help and doesn't have a hand over it is like looking for a needle in a haystack, annoying! That player will be put on "help little" list. :D

Luciana

Seeker
I hate having to search for players' builders huts when they request that in their city name , as , I'm sure , does everyone else. My simple solution to this problem is , If you want your Builders motivated , put your BH next to your MH. :rolleyes::p
:p lol , i agree. The players i visit daily have them all over the place, guess i've got so used to where they are now though , i become like a robot & just know where they are. BUT i've had a few (especially in large & compact city's) that's taken me maybe 30 mins to refind :mad::mad::mad:.

Lelanya

Mentor
Wow folks it's just a game. My cities all say BC but if I will never have a hissy fit if my culture gets polished. My Main Hall getting regular polishes could get that reaction, but I would only mention the builder issue if those lazy boys had no spanks available when I hadn't set them any tasks lately. My builder is rarely that hard to find, either.
The problem is that they are fairly small buildings that get squeezed randomly into leftover spaces once the bigger ones are all placed. I did game with a fellow or two who insisted that directions be posted in our city titles but that doesn't work for me.

DeletedUser5976

I'd prefer this solution over some visual disruption of the cities...
Yes, so would I.

I give help to my FS always on the app and my neighbours also get help on the app after I found the three chests. And although my city says B/C/MH, I don't mind helps to culture and neighbours regularly give help to my main hall. Well I'm glad I have at least a few active neighbours so I'm not going to complain.

DeletedUser7744

As has been suggested more than once, this issue could be easily resolved by Inno having their software perhaps show a marker or flag above the builders' hut when players were visiting.
Back in the good 'ol days when I played the PC game Diablo, we could press the "ctrl" button and all the dropped loot would be visible. And it was super helpful. Can't HTML5 do this? Press "ctrl" (or whatever key) and Wanders and Culture and BH would light up?

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
Back in the good 'ol days when I played the PC game Diablo, we could press the "ctrl" button and all the dropped loot would be visible. And it was super helpful. Can't HTML5 do this? Press "ctrl" (or whatever key) and Wanders and Culture and BH would light up?
The functionality is already there. When you visit a player to offer help the cultural buildings all have helping hands icons overlaid as does the builders' hut and the main hall if they're available for polishing. All that needs to be done is to change the icon shown over the builders' hut to something far more visible. A very simple change that would be really beneficial to a great many players.

Pauly7

Magus
But.... I think that the times when the Builder's Hut is hard to find is when it doesn't have the helping hand above it... So would that functionality be missing at those times? It's a psychological thing I think. It would be easier to spot if there were no helping hands at all. Our eyes automatically flit between all the helpful icons.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
But.... I think that the times when the Builder's Hut is hard to find is when it doesn't have the helping hand above it... So would that functionality be missing at those times? It's a psychological thing I think. It would be easier to spot if there were no helping hands at all. Our eyes automatically flit between all the helpful icons.

All Inno would need to do is show something like an extended marker above the builders' hut when other players are visiting to help, irrespective of whether the hut is available for help. That way, you'd be able to tell almost instantly if you were wasting your time or not. Speaking as someone with a software development background, this would be a trivial change to make and I'm really surprised they haven't implemented this already, especially as they seem happy to spend time changing the look of icons and so forth on a regular basis. :confused:

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
They could even set up something within the game where you select your NH wish as an option and then that particular thing or things lights up when someone visits.

Luciana

Seeker
How about a new culture post that is tall, a bit like the "Classy Lantern" 1x1 which says " Builders hut " a bit like some motel signs with flashing arrow. Maybe flashing arrow is going a bit far but hey if ya don't ask , ya don't get :p

DeletedUser

Sure you can. If all you have is a PC, then download a free emulator like bluestacks.
Takes 3 minutes and youlld save more than that every single day after you do.

I wouldn't use the emulator because I actually enjoy looking at people's cities as I give NH. Surely I can't be the only one? It gives a sense of connection with my team mates and the players in my provinces that give NH.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lelanya

Mentor
Tsk, tsk lets not assume anything about another player, now :rolleyes: but consider the topic at hand.
*Note - a post has been deleted that was directly above this
The builder deduction for being motivated can make a huge difference, which is why many players prefer it. All should try it sometime.
I love playing 'hunt the builder', too, and a moved builder in a fellow's city (or a map brother ;)) often inspires me to move mine!
That said, it is stressful to find them in a new fellowship with advanced players, and takes time and patience. It's best to just smile and say thanks for the polish

Last edited: