• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Most of my city is frozen

Dicke01

Adventurer
Hey brainstrust,

I am unsure if this is the right thread for this or if I should put this in the questions and help thread...
I have just switched phones to an Oppo A54s running on Android 11 which is in every way better than my old Samsung A20 that used Android 10, and now most of my city is motionless...I have contacted support about it, but wondered if anyone else has had or is having a similar problem? Like, is it OS related or could it be something in the phone settings that I have missed?
I have played around with the data restrictions and changed my graphic settings, but so far nothing has changed.
It is the same, by the way, when I look at other cities...some buildings are animated, some are frozen.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I sometimes have the same problem on my PC, it's usually when my antivirus goes crazy. So it looks like that it's a memory problem. Phones can allocate the most memory to the most frequent/important processes and as it looks like that you got a new/reset phone I'd give it couple of days for the system to settle. So it the meantime, I'd play the game a lot and see how it goes.

Alcaro

Necromancer
My son has Oppo A54, I installed Elvenar and I can confirm that the animation is not working. Beside that, one of the characters appeared on screen and couldn't make him disappear. This is a screenshot from en2.
On my phone (Honor 10) I opened the Beta city, everything is normal there.
Elvenar_app.jpg

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Dicke01 I'm wondering if the phone itself is suitable for Game Play... im no expert, but this game does take a lot of memory. Eventually I had to move off my phone onto a Tablet.

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Alcaro

Necromancer
this phone - Oppo A54 - has lot of memory (aprox 64 GB) and aprox. 4 GB RAM and all in all it's a very good phone. My son is playing all kind of games (Call of Duty Mobile, Asphalt 9, Forsaken World, NFS and others) and didn't have the slightest problem (so far). It seems Oppo and Elvenar don't want to be friends :D :D :D

OMG, I tried again and the animation is OK!!!! My son explained me that even though it shows that the game it's installed, actually is not fully installed, only the basic features, so that you can start the game and in the meantime it keeps downloading in the background stuff like graphics, skins, high quality visuals and so on.

Last edited:

Alcaro

Necromancer
@Alcaro - I assume you son is under the age of 15! lol
no is not and actually he showed me one of his game having a warning sign with the text that he can play but some elements are still downloading. There was a list with was already downloaded and what was ongoing and % until are completed.
Any other assumption? Sorry that I don't "lol".

Dicke01

Adventurer
Thanks everyone!

I will just persevere and keep playing on my Oppo and hope that the problem will go away at some point. If not, I will just have to turn my old phone into a game only phone and carry two phones around with me...
Unfortunately support doesn't have any idea either, what might he causing it, or how it can be fixed. As Alcaro said, the Oppo has a lot more space, RAM, speed etc than my old Samsung A20 that is over 2 years old... I was thinking about reinstalling the app and see if that would make a difference, even though I just installed it a few days ago.

Dicke01

Adventurer
Haha...that backfired! I uninstalled and reinstalled and now none of my buildings are animated anymore. Ah well. I will keep playing and logging in and see where it goes.

kimkimkim

Summoner
This may be a stupid question...but because I don't own a phone myself....isn't there also the option to clear cookies and cache on phones and if so maybe that should be tried as well :confused:

Dicke01

Adventurer
@Silmaril, I have a ticket going, but no solution has been found.

I have cleared the cache, no difference. I think that @Alcaro may be right and there is an issue with Oppo phones...

@CrazyWizard, I don't have Wifi...phone data only, and the data is on all the time, so downloading shouldn't be the issue, as I have set my phone to download on data.

And now I hope this @ thing is actually working

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
They will then be working their way through troubleshooting this for you @Dicke01
This could be as simple as the devices stamina mode settings, as this is Android 11, which is working perfectly.
Please check the phones general settings as if stamina mode is enabled, this will reduce things like animations, screen brightness etc: but the support team will be working through the options for you :)

Dicke01

Adventurer
@Silmaril I hate to burst your bubble, but support seems ro have just about given up on the issue...I have given this app permission to use max data, max battery, background data, etc. More than I ever had on my old phone...still no movement in my city. I will persevere and leave the app running for a day or two and see if that changes anything