• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Trader More star ratings for trades

DeletedUser5093

Under the current system trades are rated such that for same-tier trades:
3 star = receiving more than you spend
2 star = receiving the same amount that you spend
1 star = receiving less than you spend
0 star = receiving much less than you spend

I'd like to propose expanding this system to include more stars, so that we have a little more finesse in judging at a glance what counts as a fair, good, bad, etc. Perhaps something like this (for same-tier trades):

5 star = receiving much more than you spend
4 star = receiving slightly more than you spend
3 star = receiving the same amount that you spend
2 star = receiving slightly less than you spend
1 star = receiving much less than you spend
0 star? Not sure if this is necessary in the proposed system. Debatable.

This way a trade offering 5,100 goods for 5,000 goods (of the same tier) will not be rated the same as one offering 10,000 goods for 5,000 goods.

For cross-tier trades it would be similar, with the numbers just adjusted according to whatever ratio is considered a 'fair' trade. For the sake of the argument let's not get into what the 'fair' cross-tier ratio should be, as this is really a separate suggestion to the one I'm proposing here.

DeletedUser3451

I support the idea.

Currently people, me included, sometimes post trades with the 5100 for 5000 ratio, just to hit the 3 star ratings, because this makes their trades more visible among all other trades and this may be misleading. as much as any of us is responsible for the trades we take , it will be fine if we have more stars to give us an idea about a current offer without going into details about the exact amounts for each trade in the list