• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

More owls

Monohr

Spellcaster
I like owls. So here's more owls:

Great Barn Owl, at level 10. Gives coins, supplies, seeds and some sentient good in 24h.
feeding: 100% main hall capacity for 10 days. Useful during tournaments and spire runs, players can fill up stocks so there's no need to use rain and windfall.
EDIT: raised to 100% because capacity boost is not a bonus in itself. It is a commodity. The 10 days are to allow people to use it for two tournaments. When feeding time is over all overflow is lost. There is the wholesaler who can solve that, anyway.

Training Master Owl, at level 10. Gives supplies, orcs and 3 power of provision spells in 48h.
feeding: for 12 hours increases the training capacity by some amount, could be scaling by the number of armories in your city. Can work in conjunction with Brown Bear, you first feed the owl for a longer queue and then use the bear when it's time to get even more troops.

Superb Swift Owl, at level 10. Gives all 3 light ranged units and one vitality surge in 48h.
feeding: grants 25% attack value to all ranged units, light and heavy, for 12 hours.

Tempest Owl: at level 10. Gives mana, spell fragments and 1 combining catalyst in 24h.
feeding: grants 50% more SPELLS and CRAFTING RESOURCES from the FINAL rewards from spire and tourney. Duration would be as long as it needs to catch the end of both.

Tournament, 10 chests:
Just one blueprint! Decimals are rounded down.
5 PP - 7
3 EE - 4
6 MM - 9
1 meditation
for AW KP I won't detail that here it's too long.
5 RR - 7

Spire:
33 5h boosts - 49
22 catalysts - 33
275 diamonds - 412
3 teleports - 4
3 10% profits - 4

EDIT: changed from all rewards to only spells and crafting resources so it won't give more diamonds and runes.

It would be awesome for all of them to share the artifacts, like phoenixes do.
Sorry for length!
And to finally end... we need more Pet Food, hehe

Last edited:

Sir Derf

Adept
Lie the Owls, like the ideas... my coupla' cents

I'm confused about the desire to increase the Main Hall capacity voiced by multiple people recently... How much do you use in a tournament and spire run? How much does a a full NH round refill relative to your MH capacity? Isn't this what Rain and Windfalls are for? And 10 days? That seems excessive. Are you needing that long to fill your 125% MH?

I'm standing against boosting diamond rewards. That's just greedy.

And I don't think it's awesome to share artifacts. Easier to determine which base gets which artifact when they have an explicit name link. When we already have owls, adding multi-owl artifacts that only work for some owls, don't like it.

kimkimkim

Summoner
+1 from me.......couple of things....yeah the diamonds will be debateable (Inno is trying to get more people to buy the diamonds, don't think they enjoy handing out more).....can we please get the sip of clarity added to the spire rewards:rolleyes:

Alcaro

Necromancer
+1 from me

(so proud of my FS, my people are so smart, hardworking and having so many great ideas! One can not stop loving them! I know I can't! ♥)

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
I'm confused about the desire to increase the Main Hall capacity voiced by multiple people recently... How much do you use in a tournament and spire run? How much does a a full NH round refill relative to your MH capacity? Isn't this what Rain and Windfalls are for? And 10 days? That seems excessive. Are you needing that long to fill your 125% MH?
When you do the entire tournament push in one go (for maximum use of boosters and pet food), even a full Main Hall can be depleted quite quickly. In the higher provinces (30+), negotiating a single fight can cost more than 20% of your Main Hall capacity. I agree, this is what Coin Rain and Supply Windfall are for, but depending on the play style, I can imagine people who'd use more of those than they get each week.

Regarding the original post - I do like the theme, but I feel the effects are a bit too strong. While I'm always happy about anything that boosts my tournament performance, I don't like the thought of having another "mandatory pet" (similar to the Fire Phoenix), where anyone who doesn't have it basically has no chance of keeping up.

Sir Derf

Adept
The Great Barn Owl is too much and too little, in m opinion.

Too much, in that I assume you are essentially increasing Coin Rain and Windfall output by 25%, yes? And Neighborly Help?
Too much in that you ask it to last 10 days. A Tourney Push lasts what, 2 hours? Filling 125% MH before would take what, less than 2 full NH rounds?
Too little, in that you're only providing a 25% cushion for what you're really wanting.

How about this instead...

The Great Barn Owl feeding effect is a temporary overflow inventory used only for negotiations.
The overflow inventory is 10%-100%, depending on Stage.
Feeding Effect lasts 24 hours.
When fed, Coins and Supplies collected over the Main Hall limit are collected in the Great Barn Owl to it's limits.
When fed, negotiations (Province, Tourney, Spire) when the Main Hall is empty access the inventory in the Great Barn Owl.
When the feeding effect runs out, overflow collections stop accumulating and empty negotiations stop accessing, but all inventory stored in the Great Barn Owl remain (until the next feeding).

Extra storage and only extra storage. Useful for negotiations without effecting the Tech Tree. Does not boost instants. Does not penalize when not fully used.

Monohr

Spellcaster
When you do the entire tournament push in one go (for maximum use of boosters and pet food), even a full Main Hall can be depleted quite quickly. In the higher provinces (30+), negotiating a single fight can cost more than 20% of your Main Hall capacity. I agree, this is what Coin Rain and Supply Windfall are for, but depending on the play style, I can imagine people who'd use more of those than they get each week.
this, exactly. Great Barn Owl would be most useful to the great tournament players out there. I bet only a very few would actually spend pet food on this one.

Too little, in that you're only providing a 25% cushion for what you're really wanting.

The Great Barn Owl feeding effect is a temporary overflow inventory used only for negotiations.
The overflow inventory is 10%-100%, depending on Stage.
Feeding Effect lasts 24 hours.
When fed, Coins and Supplies collected over the Main Hall limit are collected in the Great Barn Owl to it's limits.
When fed, negotiations (Province, Tourney, Spire) when the Main Hall is empty access the inventory in the Great Barn Owl.
When the feeding effect runs out, overflow collections stop accumulating and empty negotiations stop accessing, but all inventory stored in the Great Barn Owl remain (until the next feeding).

Extra storage and only extra storage. Useful for negotiations without effecting the Tech Tree. Does not boost instants. Does not penalize when not fully used.
I see that. Though up to 100% thought it would be too much but makes sense. And the 10 days duration is to have time to build the stocks up.
The rest of the alternative seems too complicated for a normal evo building... some overflow on the capacity is enough.
In the tech tree they'd take into consideration only the base capacity, fairly easy to counter that. Or they'd say "main hall not upgraded enough", "main hall level x required"

Sir Derf

Adept
10 days time to build the stock up?

You were presumably filling to 100% without the Owl, you need 10 days to fill the additional 25%? What is a full round of NH relative to your Main Hall? My recollection might be off, but I thought that for me for at least most chapters, a full NH round gave significantly more than 50% of my MH.

Jake65

Sage
I'd be happy if the Barn Owl would collect overflow from NH and instants while unfed but you can only use it for negotiating when fed.
So the few % of an instant that disappear or the half of an NH that you can't fit won't go to waste unless the Owl is full..

SkyRider99

Mentor
I'd be happy if the Barn Owl would collect overflow from NH and instants while unfed but you can only use it for negotiating when fed.
So the few % of an instant that disappear or the half of an NH that you can't fit won't go to waste unless the Owl is full..
My brain exploded. :)

1684238865180.png

But I support your idea anyway @Jake65. :p

Monohr

Spellcaster
Yeah I get that fed/unfed thing but it's not what an evo building does. No evo has extra capacity field somewhere that's activated only when fed. Unless devs are willing to break the mold.

Edited some buildings!

I still don't get why Sir Derf doesn't like the extra capacity thing. It's a commodity, simple as that. If people have some pet food to waste on a non-bonus thing then let them.

Jake65

Sage
No evo has extra capacity field somewhere that's activated only when fed
I think I get what you're saying.
The Twilight Phoenix feeding effect is fairly dynamic though so it shouldn't be too difficult for the devs.

There was a movie years ago (forget the name) where the villain was making a fortune by 'collecting' all the fractions of cents that get truncated when banks apply interest to money in accounts. Villainous Owl, that's what I'm after ;)

Sir Derf

Adept
I still don't get why Sir Derf doesn't like the extra capacity thing. It's a commodity, simple as that. If people have some pet food to waste on a non-bonus thing then let them.

It's not that I don't get the extra capacity thing... It's that I don't understand your numbers.

Why only expand the capacity by 25%? Space Cowboy said that at high levels, a single negotiation can take over 20% capacity, so your expansion isn't that great. Pet Food, for most people, is a scarce resource, and it's use with most pets is pretty large. So, why not up to 100%?

And 10 days? Way to excessive. You would have it active all that time, mostly to have it twiddling its thumbs. It's really only necessary to be active for as long before the tourney as it takes to overfill, and then for as long into the tourney as it takes to empty the overfill. Once you've done that, it is no longer providing any help in that tourney. 12 or 24 hours is enough, I think, to overfill with a NH round before starting the Tourney and then use it in at least several rounds of the Tourney. 5 or 7 days could allow tactically timedl use like the other tourney boosting buildings for operation across two tourneys. 10 days makes 2-tourney use too obvious... although, could it allow the use across 3 tourneys, if timed well?