• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

More Fighting Buildings to Craft in Magic Academy

• Thread starter DeletedUser7105
  • Start date

DeletedUser7105

I missed all of the Phoenix events due to real life getting in the way of playing the game. So, I am at a huge disadvantage compared to those who obtained Phoenixes that aid in battle. I really depend on the fighting buildings that can be crafted in the Magic Academy (Enlightened Light Range, Magnificent Mage Multiplier, and Unleashed Unit Upgrade).

I wait and wait for these fighting buildings to be offered in Crafting. It seems they are rarely offered. I craft them every time they appear and hoard them like priceless treasures. I doubt I am the only person in this situation.

I wish these fighting building would be offered in Crafting much more often. Does anyone else feel this way?

Deleted User - 384643

Yes, plenty feel that way. I'm guessing those troop boost buildings are among the most popular crafting options.

DeletedUser7105

They are among the most popular crafting items in my fellowship, so why are they offered so rarely (compared to coin rain, etc)?

Deleted User - 384643

Well, there are like a 100 different recipes and only a handful of military buildings. So it kinda makes sense that I only see a crafting recipe for them come by on an average of about 2 a week.

Pauly7

Magus
Agreed. I would be happy if the crafting menu just gave a) temporary military buildings, b) pet food c) Royal Restoration spells.

I now haven't seen a Royal Restoration Blueprint spell in nearly 4 weeks and they are talking about watering down the crafting menu still further with other items.

DeletedUser7105

I saw two of them in the past 10 days (Royal Restoration Blueprint spells).

However, I agree with you. We need to be able to craft items we have no other way of getting easily - pet food and temporary military buildings top the list. And, you are so right about Royal Restoration spells. Even if your fellowship fills 10 chests every tournament, you get only 5 Royal Restoration spells.

I also agree with your order of preference.

DeletedUser8632

This may be just my crooked perception but am I the only one who feels that the chance of getting a military building to craft greatly decreased roughly around the time of the Phoenix event? I used to never shy away from using them because I got 3-4 of them offered per week but nowadays it happens that I go 2-3 weeks without ever seeing any.
On the bright side: I can probably have my city filled with unicorns and chess boards twice over in less than 3 weeks.

DeletedUser5976

This may be just my crooked perception but am I the only one who feels that the chance of getting a military building to craft greatly decreased roughly around the time of the Phoenix event?
The phoenix event introduced 9 pet food recipes to the mix, shortly before that the chest set was added and slowly the number of recipes increase and the chance of getting a specific one decreases. And as with everything RNG the randomness makes a dry spells of a couple of weeks always a possibility.

Pauly7

Magus
This may be just my crooked perception but am I the only one who feels that the chance of getting a military building to craft greatly decreased roughly around the time of the Phoenix event? I used to never shy away from using them because I got 3-4 of them offered per week but nowadays it happens that I go 2-3 weeks without ever seeing any.
On the bright side: I can probably have my city filled with unicorns and chess boards twice over in less than 3 weeks.
I'm branded as a Conspiracy Theorist sometimes, but I still believe that the percentage chance of something appearing changes from item to item exactly like the grand crafting prizes. The only difference is Inno doesn't display what all those percentages are because they are constantly amending them. There are just way too many dry spells of certain items followed by sudden bursts of appearances.

DeletedUser7105

As Pauly7 pointed out, what we really need are:
1. temporary military buildings
2. pet food
3. Royal Restoration spells for blueprints.

I don't need unicorns and chessboards. I can get relics via tournaments mostly.

I think Pauly7 is right about the apparent "randomness" of dry spells followed by bursts of appearances. It is not random.

Hekata

Artisan
As Pauly7 pointed out, what we really need are:
1. temporary military buildings
2. pet food
3. Royal Restoration spells for blueprints.

Except that is not what all players need/want. Some players mostly cater and don't use military buildings, some don't have a phoenix and some don't get blueprints. Crafting can't be tailored to suit just the needs of some players. Personally what I prefer in crafting are the biggish time boosters, portal profits, IM spells.... And since I have a phoenix I have to make pet food ofc.
I do however agree that the recipes don't seem to have the same chance of appearing. I get only pet food and relics or rain coin for days and then in the same round I get 2 big time booster, a portal profit and maybe another good item like the vallorian valor. Then back to nothing for days, sometimes weeks. I don't remember when was the last time I got a portal profit. Ironically, I see regularly RR spells but since I don't have blueprints I don't have much use of them.

DeletedUser1874

Military buildings are on top of my priority list even though I have a level 10 fire chicken. Pet food? Sure, I need to feed the chicken, but even if I do feed it every tourney I'm always having a huge excess of pet food, so perhaps we get too much of it - either that or I'm very unlucky with RNG. I also like time boosts, they're higher on my priority compared to pet food to be honest, because as I said, I always have a surplus of food, whereas time boosts come in handy for more than one thing - events, tourneys, almost everything really. I always like to see a RR, too, but I've so many by now I don't know whether I'll ever run out of them. I could already upgrade all of the stuff I have to the next chapter and still have 100+ RR left. The wonders of RNG I guess.

DeletedUser8632

The phoenix event introduced 9 pet food recipes to the mix, shortly before that the chest set was added and slowly the number of recipes increase and the chance of getting a specific one decreases. And as with everything RNG the randomness makes a dry spells of a couple of weeks always a possibility.

This makes a lot of sense.

DeletedUser7859

I completely agree, and feel like there has been less and less of these buildings. Its like they are trying to make the game less fun. A less fun game means we dont play. Surely they dont want players to play less, and loose interest all together?

DeletedUser8807

I agree. We get an abundance of coin rain and supplies instants which most players have an abundance of through event chest prizes already. The other thing I notice is that when these buildings do come they often all come at once in a flurry and then none for a long time. Waiting for several cycles to find something worth crafting only makes the game slower, but when the good things all come at once, then you cannot create them all.

DeletedUser7105

I completely agree, and feel like there has been less and less of these buildings. Its like they are trying to make the game less fun. A less fun game means we dont play. Surely they dont want players to play less, and loose interest all together?

I totally agree. Less temporary fighting buildings = less fun = less playing of the game. For many, less playing of the game = less purchasing diamonds. Surely the financial aspect of offering players fewer opportunities to craft temporary building that aid in fighting battles is not lost on InnoGames.

DeletedUser7105

I agree. We get an abundance of coin rain and supplies instants which most players have an abundance of through event chest prizes already. The other thing I notice is that when these buildings do come they often all come at once in a flurry and then none for a long time. Waiting for several cycles to find something worth crafting only makes the game slower, but when the good things all come at once, then you cannot create them all.

Copter is correct. Right now, this is what is offered in Crafting:
Two Ancient Knowledge 5 (not bad, but easily obtained in other ways)
5 Magic Dust relics (easily obtained in reward chests and tournaments)
5 Planks relics (easily obtained elsewhere)
1 Coin Rain (easily obtained in events, pretty worthless for most, useful sometimes in disenchanting to make Spell Fragments)
1 Winter Shrine (2x1 worth 250 culture points - pretty useless)

DeletedUser8409

I would be happiest if the overabundance relics and the 2x1 culture options got dropped. Seriously who is crafting for relics or 2x1 culture?

I certainly would never pay diamonds for a refresh when I know the expectation is relics or tiny culture.

DeletedUser8632

I'm not so sure about the relics. Lets assume you are not end-game but somewhere in the middle (i.e. you have not reached 700% relic bonus). Also assuming you use your Phoenix regularly and use the magic academy. Thats a lot of relics. I actually still run out occasionally for relics needed to craft CCs because you need more than you get from doing provinces and in tournaments. Or I upgrade an AW or two and my relics fall below the previous production bonus. So, yeah, sometimes its useful to have a quick way to get more relics.

I do however think we can all agree on the Winter Shrine and the overpopulation of Unicorns and Flower cages. In addition to that, maybe it would be enough to just offer 1 type of coin rain and 1 type of supply..rain?