• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Battle More control of battles

DeletedUser

As far as I can tell, there is no way of changing the order in which your squads of the same type move.
If there is, could someone please tell me how to do this.
If not, I would like to suggest that being able to chose the order in which units of the same type or initiative would be a plus

DeletedUser

You can sequence your squads, with the first squad in the middle, then top bottom top bottom, although the consideration is more about terrain than about the related action sequence in the scrollbar at the bottom of the screen.

DeletedUser815

Hi VeryWicked,

There is a very good encounters guide here(click). It is a little out of date, but most of it is still very relevant. :)

DeletedUser815

You are very welcome VeryWicked,

You (and anyone else) are welcome to create a thread in the Questions and Help section of the forum if you have any further questions regarding Elvenar :)

DeletedUser219

The Encounters Guide linked is very useful for understanding the battle system, but it doesn't respond to the suggestion in the original post. If your first 3 units are all of the same type, it appears to be random which gets the first move, and the sadistic nature of computerised random numbers means that if the terrain is blocking one, that squad will be given the first opportunity. The way I read the suggestion, he wants the ability to delay a units move until the other guys get out of the way, but in the same turn.
This would definitely be one step towards improving the battle system, logical and consistent. +1

Deleted User - 67582

This would definitely be a improvement; all too often a squad of the same type can be held inactive because its turn is before the squad that is blocking it. It also may be stuck in that position (when a retreat and flank attack would be too log winded) until either the foe or the blocking squad is defeated.

DeletedUser

The Encounters Guide linked is very useful for understanding the battle system, but it doesn't respond to the suggestion in the original post........... The way I read the suggestion, he wants the ability to delay a units move until the other guys get out of the way, but in the same turn.

Yes Horanda, that was the thrust of my original post, having blocked squads is very frustrating. But the ability to control where different units start as explained in The Encounters Guide is very useful and can sometimes get rid of the blocked squad problem.
I'd still like to control which of the same type of unit moved first though.