• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Moon Mirror Graphics

m4rt1n

Adept
Hi guy's I noticed that my Moon Mirror expired a little while ago and although I knew that would happen, kept it for the great amount of culture it gives me for a 2x2, currently 2200 for chapter 11.
What I didn't expect to happen though was for the graphics to stop and it just sit there stationary displaying a full moon, as it now looks rather bland.
Does this happen with all expiring buildings?

DeletedUser5976

I am looking at your Moon Mirror right now, but it has an animation.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I can’t speak for many other buildings, but it does happen with the Wishing Well. The animation stops and it just sits there looking dark and sad. :-/

m4rt1n

Adept
@LadyHavva maybe it just stops animating for the owner, which is a little sad especially as it was a premium building and cost me £5.

I don't see why the animations have to stop just because one aspect of a building ends.

DeletedUser5976

I don't see why the animations have to stop just because one aspect of a building ends.
With Wishing Wells I can understand it, as the animation stops to indicate that it can be harvested, so probably when it expires the whole system stops functioning, but it would indeed be nice if the animation kept on going.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I can’t speak for many other buildings, but it does happen with the Wishing Well. The animation stops and it just sits there looking dark and sad. :-/
In reply to myself :rolleyes: I have to say it differs in the app and in the browser.
- In the browser I could see my expired Well as I described above. Dark and sad. It just bluntly asks for deletion!
- In the app (where I’m all the time) the Well didn’t go dark. The spinning animation stopped, but the Well is still bright and nice to look at. No (visual) incentive to delete it.

It would be nice if every expiring building was still nice after it is all used up - just as it is the case with the Well in the app.

m4rt1n

Adept
@Dizzy Lizzie the fact that the graphic's remain on the app means I would like a response from Inno if possible please, as it seems just making a building bland because it expires is only on PC and the Moon Mirror is by far the best 2x2 culture building I own, in fact the best 4 square footprint culture building I have.
Could you please find out for me. :)

DeletedUser3097

Does this happen with all expiring buildings?

In the app (where I’m all the time) the Well didn’t go dark.

Thank you for drawing this issue to our attention. Buildings, such as the Wishing Well and Moon Mirror, should lose their animations when they expire to show they are no longer producing items. This thread will be moved to the 'Found a Bug ' section as it's been passed on for further investigation and possible fixing. :) I'll leave it in the main section so you have an opportunity to respond and I will archive it in a few days.