• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Hi all,

When this thread was first created in July 2018, I remember my team asking me if we should allow it, and I told them 'yes, as long as it remains about general moderation and doesn't go into specific cases.' A couple of days passed by, and the topic came to a rest, until it got new life last week.

I received the same question from my team and I gave the same reply I gave in July. But, now I feel it is time we step in and close this thread. We've allowed this discussion for quite some time, but now we're starting to get personal attacks on team members (even if they're implicit), and specific moderation actions are being publicly questioned.

This is not the kind of topic we can allow on the forums. It has always been a fine line between general moderation-related discussions and specific actions, and we fully see how that can be and is a difficult line to navigate, but we've unfortunately crossed the line now, forcing us to step in and take action.

Please, when you disagree with a moderation action (closing a thread, temporarily unapproving a post, or even warnings), just contact our Support team, using the category 'Forum issue'. We will then be able to give you more details, and discuss any actions. And, should we agree that something could've been handled another way, we'd be more than happy to adjust and/or revert our actions.

We thank you for having started this discussion, and we've been happy to engage in it, but also please understand that we will be removing future threads on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.