• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

misleading

DeletedUser1739

really not an AW fan but I am bored and wanted to build the dwarven bulwark....I have been waiting for2 months now for the last two runes...not getting them even if I complete provinces on a regular basis...so I thought to go on a rune hunt and look for players who built it...I spent 56 kp to help someone complete the level and guess what,my reward was a freaking broken shard....the problem is when you look at the reward icon it's a RUNE icon ,not a broken shard icon.pretty unfair to mislead players that the reward is a rune and instead you get...nothing....

but am not surprised...after all it's all about the diamonds.....

DeletedUser971

I agree, now we are going to have a few more soon, going to be impossible for us to build them because of the randomness of the runes. I read that one way of doing it was to build the wonder you have the runes for, sell it and then place the runes back it to it and hope they all break. use those broken runes to build the ones you want.

DeletedUser1739

the problem also is,everything they release lately is meant to help(?) new players...what about the rest of us....am done with fairy...can't even fight cause scouting takes almost 2 days....what to do...soon I won't even have what to upgrade anymore....becoming pretty boring....

DeletedUser971

tournaments are to take the boredom away, scouting is for future expansions and both give runes. You will also need two sets of runes to upgrade them to 15. You can get 3 runes from the provinces and 6-10 from the tournaments a week, depending how hard you fight ( could not trade your way to that). so, after about a year of doing that, you could build the wonder you want.

DeletedUser66

If I understand this correctly, you got a rune for helping someone's Ancient Wonder - which you will get a rune for doing if you manage to secure a prize.

However, placing runes into your own Ancient Wonder needs a little luck. You are not always guaranteed to fill an unoccupied spot. That is not misleading in any way - you did receive your rune, unfortunately you were not lucky this time around to secure an unoccupied spot in your own ancient wonder.

DeletedUser1739

I got a broken shard not a rune.
I agree, now we are going to have a few more soon, going to be impossible for us to build them because of the randomness of the runes. I read that one way of doing it was to build the wonder you have the runes for, sell it and then place the runes back it to it and hope they all break. use those broken runes to build the ones you want.

will try this out

DeletedUser1739

If I understand this correctly, you got a rune for helping someone's Ancient Wonder - which you will get a rune for doing if you manage to secure a prize.

However, placing runes into your own Ancient Wonder needs a little luck. You are not always guaranteed to fill an unoccupied spot. That is not misleading in any way - you did receive your rune, unfortunately you were not lucky this time around to secure an unoccupied spot in your own ancient wonder.

it's not about luck IMO,it's about driving the player crazy,he either gives up or spends diamonds....don't like either option tbh...

so what you mean is that it's possible I got a double or something?hence it transformed into a broken shard?

DeletedUser

@matza I suggest you contact support. Pretty sure you are supposed to get actual runes and not broken shards.

As for the rest, with 6 new AW's coming, it will be nigh impossible to complete them w/o buying gems imo.

DeletedUser1739

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser66

it's not about luck IMO,it's about driving the player crazy,he either gives up or spends diamonds....don't like either option tbh...

so what you mean is that it's possible I got a double or something?hence it transformed into a broken shard?

As far as I understand it, you only get a broken shard once you have used a rune and it is a duplicate on an available spot you have already discovered in that circle thing in an ancient wonder. When you help players with their ancient wonders, depending on which position you come (i.e. who helped the most to the least) they get full runes and KP.

AWhelpreward.png

https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Ancient_Wonders#Invest_in_Ancient_Wonders

DeletedUser1739

I was first place,gave the most kp

edit to add
if what you're saying is correct then they can cheat me over and over by giving me "duplicates"...whats the point of duplicates anyway????

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1739

I got a BROKEN SHARD not a rune

that's why I spent so many KP!
I needed one more rune!

DeletedUser66

Pay attention.

You got a broken shard when using the rune on your ancient wonder - which is part of the game mechanics. It doesn't change the fact that the reward from helping another ancient wonder was in fact a full rune which you used and broke.

DeletedUser971

I don't think the issue is the rune, its getting the right one. for over two months I have been trying to build the mountain halls, gave kp's to the players with mountain halls and got the runes. also got a few off the provinces and tournaments. my last one did not come. eventually after having 10 broken ones I filled the last spot. the chances of getting the rune you want are very low. when we have 12 AW, and needing to fill the wheels is going to take long time.

DeletedUser1739

Pay attention.

You got a broken shard when using the rune on your ancient wonder - which is part of the game mechanics. It doesn't change the fact that the reward from helping another ancient wonder was in fact a full rune.

oh wait,now it's crystal clear
thanks

I didn't know that this might happen....tricky mechanics!