• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Messages ...

pobble

Spellcaster
Hi,
Not only is chat doubling and tripling again (reported by others) but the main message box on the browser game is now showing the red alert saying lots of new messages, when in fact there are no new messages. Each time I come out of the tournament back to my city, it does this - three times in the last half hour. A different number of unread messages is displayed each time. The first time I genuinely had a couple of unread ones, but nowhere near the twenty-something the alert claimed. I cleared all my unread ones - but next time it said 17 unread, yet when I opened the mailbox there are none.

At the moment the flag says 14 unread messages, and I bet when I open it there will be none or maybe one :)

pobble

pobble

Spellcaster
Other members of my fellowship say they have the same bug on messages, and two say that the red flag is popping up on the summonings icon now too when there is nothing new in there.

DeletedUser7096

Hello and thank you for reporting.

We will investigate what is happening and pass it on.

Regards,
Kakashi-sensei

DeletedUser5976

I also see a large number of unread messages, but I always assumed that it means individual messages in different threads. So if several people replied to one thread you see only one thread highlighted bold as unread, but there might be several messages in that thread that hasn't been read yet. I have never counted them to see if the numbers match though.

pobble

Spellcaster
Thanks LadyHavva, we get that too and at first I thought that was what was happening. But then I cleared out every possible unread message, and quit out and it said I had no new messages. five minutes later it is showing a large number of new messages on the red flag, but when I open the mailbox - none at all.
Kakashi-sensei, thank you for looking into this. The problem doesn't seem to be happening today, so maybe a change has fixed it?

Deleted User - 1634960

There is a known issue where if you delete a group message from your inbox, you will still get notifications of new responses to that message even though you can't read them. If your 'clean-up' included active group messages, this could well be what is happening.