• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Messages being deleted

DeletedUser66

Game version: 0,22
Game world: EN1
Browser + version: Firefox
Flash Player version: Latest
Operating System: Win8
Screen resolution: __
Account name: Da Twista
Humans or Elves: Elves
Hardware Acceleration: ON

Presuming there is a time limit on messages, after a certain amount of time it will automatically be deleted. But they don't seem to be deleting properly.

If I look at my older messages this display which opens to a blank message. You can respond to the blank message which throws an internal error has occurred error and reloads the game.

gK4A6HK.png

DeletedUser8

Hello Da Twista, thank you for reporting this issue!

I have actually experienced this issue myself, so I will be working on investigating this one for you, as we will likely be able to get to the bottom of this one quicker that way! :)

In addition to this issue, we have a separate bug reported with the messaging system (which I have also experienced myself). From what I can see of your inbox in the screenshot, it looks like you meet the criteria to where this separate bug may well be present for you as well. If you are willing, would you mind if I explain this other bug to gather a report from your experience in addition to the bug you have posted here? It would be greatly appreciated, but not required of course!

Regarding this issue you have posted about, I am currently gathering/waiting on some information from our team relevant to this issue, in order to continue our investigation on this. I appreciate your patience, I should have this necessary information very soon, and will be responding here in this thread again immediately after I gather the information needed! :)

DeletedUser66

No problem with me, I would be happy to help.

Just some additional information, my weird messages have disappeared after opening and closing the mail window a few times and a lot of the older messages I had are now available to me again. It seems the system just needed a little nudge and more time to load the messages on my profile. My last one being on 3rd July 2015.

I have deleted a lot of messages prior to the last one which could possibly be a shadow being displayed in the above screenie I posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser66

This can be closed.

I've discovered the weird messages are in fact messages in my inbox which hasn't loaded yet. Giving it some time loads them correctly.

DeletedUser8

Great! Thank you for the update. This was indeed as I suspected, as this is exactly what happens to me when I experience this bug myself.

I do have an additional question regarding this issue though. Can you tell me if you have noticed anything strange about the specific messages that display like that? (i.e., the messages that displayed "no subject" and no avatar, have you noticed if those messages are just normal messages that are supposed to be in your inbox?). I ask this because, I want to rule out the possibility that those messages weren't messages that you had already once deleted and are now reappearing. In my personal experience with this on my game account, if i'm not mistaken, I believe that I had noticed the messages that display blank (the ones that appear like the ones in your screenshot in this thread) were actually messages that I had deleted, that suddenly reappeared as an "empty" message at the end of my inbox, which eventually did load, as you just discovered and explained in your recent response.

I'm just trying to look for any sort of pattern that might be triggering this. It may indeed just be related to have an excess of messages in your inbox, causing some messages to take additional time to rule out. However, I want to make sure I investigate it fully, from all angles, to ensure I have the most information possible to forward to the developers, if it comes to needing to do so. :)

Thank you so much for your help and reporting your findings Da Twista!

DeletedUser66

I can almost say for certain that the weird messages are messages that were in my inbox and not deleted ones. I believe they just took a little long to load and thus giving the shadow message while it did actually load.

I just toggled between pages and it made it come right :)

DeletedUser3

Thanks Da Twista - moving to Not a Bug. Please do let us know if anything similar happens and isn't resolved by waiting until messages have fully loaded.