• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Memory leak

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
Well, don't assume my PC :p My SSDs are not connected to SATA, so you are wrong there hehe. I know connecting an SSD via SATA is a waste. (I said abov already.)

Maybe not, but it is possible I had SSDs before you, because I started using the very first 32-64 GB ones, worth a few hundred each (now, I run two 512GB and two 1TB and I think these are slightly faster than the first SSDs. I boot my PC in 30 seconds or so (including opening the three chromes totaling about 100 tabs, etc).

My motherboard is military graded (says so when you start the PC, you can use the mouse VS the typical blue screen, you have tabs, options, settings in temperature, CPU speed, overclocking options, a menu for running the seven fans my PC has... etc.

4 tabs of 8GB DDR4 each worth of RAM (32 total), and because my MB cannot handle 16GB slots... but this PC is already 6 years old, and it is as fast as flash. However, when FA arrives, I run like 60 WS, and that slows it down bit, especially after a few weeks without rebooting (I never turn it off, old school hehe.)
well i had his expensive drives before ssd where out
cos me 1000$ for 16 giga per drive they connect in sata1 not remember if sata2 was an option back then
boo time few seconds
as i said an expensive hardware used for data-centers ,where iops are crucial , then ssd come out, but never bought one afraid of the problems they had

and i could use he 32giga rig o accelerate m workload so no real need to switch
sssd killed his products so i lost another option to get a newer and bigger drive in that category

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Yup, it does exist. I think I never used it either. SSD non SATA connected, is speed.

:D :D :D Nice.Smart fellow LOL

Yup, it is always good to wait, HD goes down fast. Same for RAM (in the old days it was super expensive, and prices fluctuated like in the market, never knew why.)