• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Memory leak

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
I am experiencing a serious memory leak in my computer because of the game. I have windows 7 and use opera portable as a browser to play the game.
The game is normal and okey for short periods of time. But after a while a start getting out of memory messages. A message i have not received from the 1995 era and windows 95 and i though to be of the past since i have 8 giga ram on the pc. After that i play the game and i open the taskman to monitor the application and memory usage and yeap it is the game that as time passes it uses more and more and more and more memory. Even having it open at city view doing nothing the memory leak will happen. Faster way to make it happen visit other players cities in the world map. After the first 10 or so it start needing more and more time to enter a city as the memory of the computer runs out.

There is a second bug maybe related to the first one. IF i get the message out of memory and i do not close imminently the game then the screen flickers and the browser is crashed. The bug is when i try to reload the game i get a message that my browser does not support html5 and if i want to load the game in flash mode!?!?! If i make a clean on the browser cookies cache the whole and then try to enter the game the message is not longer there and i can access the game. Also this bug happen if i leave the game open and i watch youtube videos or a video on my pc after an hour or so, no exact time counted, the browser once more will make the screen flicker and crash with the same problem of game saying browser does not support html5.

I have seen the game to go over 3giga in memory usage before it crashes the browser and itself out of existence. When i had nothing else loaded and just let the game go and see hoiw much the problem will escalate. Trying to have the game open and doing another thing is impossible.

Thank you for your time

DeletedUser9340

I am experiencing a serious memory leak in my computer because of the game. I have windows 7 and use opera portable as a browser to play the game.
The game is normal and okey for short periods of time. But after a while a start getting out of memory messages. A message i have not received from the 1995 era and windows 95 and i though to be of the past since i have 8 giga ram on the pc. After that i play the game and i open the taskman to monitor the application and memory usage and yeap it is the game that as time passes it uses more and more and more and more memory. Even having it open at city view doing nothing the memory leak will happen. Faster way to make it happen visit other players cities in the world map. After the first 10 or so it start needing more and more time to enter a city as the memory of the computer runs out.

There is a second bug maybe related to the first one. IF i get the message out of memory and i do not close imminently the game then the screen flickers and the browser is crashed. The bug is when i try to reload the game i get a message that my browser does not support html5 and if i want to load the game in flash mode!?!?! If i make a clean on the browser cookies cache the whole and then try to enter the game the message is not longer there and i can access the game. Also this bug happen if i leave the game open and i watch youtube videos or a video on my pc after an hour or so, no exact time counted, the browser once more will make the screen flicker and crash with the same problem of game saying browser does not support html5.

I have seen the game to go over 3giga in memory usage before it crashes the browser and itself out of existence. When i had nothing else loaded and just let the game go and see hoiw much the problem will escalate. Trying to have the game open and doing another thing is impossible.

Thank you for your time
I did not get anything at all.Please explain it to me in short *_*

Pauly7

Magus
I wonder if there is a fault on your machine. I have a HDD which is very old and mot functioning properly and it makes Elvenar crash and looks a lot like a memory issue. If I go into the game settings and turn off the animations then it runs OK.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
I wonder if there is a fault on your machine. I have a HDD which is very old and mot functioning properly and it makes Elvenar crash and looks a lot like a memory issue. If I go into the game settings and turn off the animations then it runs OK.
it is not a problem of hard drive,
a.png

pretty fast

B.png

and if you wan to go more technical what rules is the IOPS not sequential read write speed.
all graphic is already in low and cpu never goes over 60% usual around 40-50%

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
The reason i know it is a memory leak is i open task manager and watch where the memory goes. as i said the game will keep claiming more and more memory when the system run out of memory and crash the browser, or crash the browser after 3,2 giga memory use what ever comes first.

which makes multitasking impossible, which defeat the purpose of a browser game to begin with.

for now i have to close all other application log in game and lg out as fast as possible,now with event i could not stay on as long i wanted, had to log out close browser to reclaim memory and then log in to finish tasks

DeletedUser9340

The reason i know it is a memory leak is i open task manager and watch where the memory goes. as i said the game will keep claiming more and more memory when the system run out of memory and crash the browser, or crash the browser after 3,2 giga memory use what ever comes first.

which makes multitasking impossible, which defeat the purpose of a browser game to begin with.

for now i have to close all other application log in game and lg out as fast as possible,now with event i could not stay on as long i wanted, had to log out close browser to reclaim memory and then log in to finish tasks
Damn,you should upgrade ur PC and hard disk drive

Julian

Sorcerer
Also I don't think windows 7 is being maintained by microsoft anymore. You will increasingly be vulnerable to viruses.

DeletedUser9340

Also I don't think windows 7 is being maintained by microsoft anymore. You will increasingly be vulnerable to viruses.
I was a 3 days ago.So,I moved into Windows 10 Education.So,ANIKHTOS,you should change your Windows 7 to 8/10 or at least use Antivirus like Avast,ByteFence or McAfee.I used Advanced SystemCare12 when I used Windows 7.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
actually the oppositesince microsoft has incobatibilities viruses are build for the most used one
so i will be safer and safer

due to games i used win98 when other gor win xp and no virus problem

then i made 2 pc on win98 for old games and new to win xp so i can use internet
i will be okey

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Just my two cents, 8GB is nothing.

I run 32 GB, and an i7, with a 4GB Graphic card.

In FA where I am running 50 ws, or now, in orcs with all the mushroom farm, sometimes it freezes a bit, but with control+F5 it goes smooth again. So, its normal if you load too much.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
Just my two cents, 8GB is nothing.

I run 32 GB, and an i7, with a 4GB Graphic card.

In FA where I am running 50 ws, or now, in orcs with all the mushroom farm, sometimes it freezes a bit, but with control+F5 it goes smooth again. So, its normal if you load too much.
can you open task manager and see how much memory is allocated to the game? also when i freeze see how much memory i consumes and refresh hen and see if memory usage change

do you have an ssd or hard drive? because ifit is hard drive some of he freeze can be from the hard drive struggling with the io requests, so far i have no problem with cpu usage with m i3 under-clocked to 1/3 of normal speed and i do not hit more han 60% cpu usage with game running at 40-50%

he problem i have is with memory i start off around 1 giiga more or less but i keeps taking more and more and more and more memory until computer run out of memory

DeletedUser9340

@ANIKHTOS I suggest u buy a new PC.I bought a new PC with my 3 years birthday money:

CPU:Intel Core 19-9900K
GPU:GeForce RTX 2080ti
RAM:G-Skill 8GB Ram
Motherboard:Asus gaming mother
Cooler:Kraken Nzxt
PC Case:Cougar
PC:CyberpowerPC Gamer Supreme Liquid Cool Gaming PC

I am not bragging but my advice is u should buy a better PC or a better Windows or u can use OS that doesn't get affected by Virus e.g. Linux

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
@ANIKHTOS I suggest u buy a new PC.I bought a new PC with my 3 years birthday money:

CPU:Intel Core 19-9900K
GPU:GeForce RTX 2080ti
RAM:G-Skill 8GB Ram
Motherboard:Asus gaming mother
Cooler:Kraken Nzxt
PC Case:Cougar
PC:CyberpowerPC Gamer Supreme Liquid Cool Gaming PC

I am not bragging but my advice is u should buy a better PC or a better Windows or u can use OS that doesn't get affected by Virus e.g. Linux
if game has memory leak no new pc would make a difference, even if i have 64 giga ram i will take longer to take up all memory
i can not use linux because of software i use
and as i said many times cpu usage is low no problem there

nice rig enjoy i before it become obselete

DeletedUser5037

My PC (if you would call it that) has 3 Gig RAM and currently running Windoze 10.
I play Elvenar on Chrome and have had no issues, ever! It runs fine for me!

m4rt1n

Adept
I play using Firefox with win10 and also have encountered no such issues.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
more info
the leak seems to be more present inside the city, where there are jumps of 60-70 mbyte in use , goes down but not all, somewhere 1 mbyte is sill present, and that add up slwowly

going to world map, technology screen, or spiral or other player cities, raise memory but not fully release it

which it can cause game to crash if like today i have, tournament, daily help in map and fellowship

even moving around my city o find candies jumped memory 100+mbyte

test also opera gx some issues

AstralSoul

Illusionist
SSDs here, but I have other 100 tabs (work-related) constantly opened. Also, Sony Vegas is usually opened too, and maybe Photoshop as well...

I moved on from SATA as soon as the first 64 GB SSD came out. All new PCs, ,always SSDs. I have four in this PC.

ANIKHTOS

Soothsayer
well with your load 100 tabs SSD will not cut it , you will need the ssd that are connected to pci-e slots and not sata but this drives cost more than your pc
ssd has advantages over hard drive but sata connection is limiting you
i got once 2 special drives connected over pci-e, with its own controller and the controller limit of them and the drives got 75% of max sequential speed for iops is hard to say since even one saturated the controller

copy windows folder in 2 seconds ,
machine was never slowed down from disk

too expensive to have in normal pc

AstralSoul

Illusionist
well with your load 100 tabs SSD will not cut it , you will need the ssd that are connected to pci-e slots and not sata but this drives cost more than your pc
ssd has advantages over hard drive but sata connection is limiting you
i got once 2 special drives connected over pci-e, with its own controller and the controller limit of them and the drives got 75% of max sequential speed for iops is hard to say since even one saturated the controller

copy windows folder in 2 seconds ,
machine was never slowed down from disk

too expensive to have in normal pc

Well, don't assume my PC :p My SSDs are not connected to SATA, so you are wrong there hehe. I know connecting an SSD via SATA is a waste. (I said abov already.)

Maybe not, but it is possible I had SSDs before you, because I started using the very first 32-64 GB ones, worth a few hundred each (now, I run two 512GB and two 1TB and I think these are slightly faster than the first SSDs. I boot my PC in 30 seconds or so (including opening the three chromes totaling about 100 tabs, etc).

My motherboard is military graded (says so when you start the PC, you can use the mouse VS the typical blue screen, you have tabs, options, settings in temperature, CPU speed, overclocking options, a menu for running the seven fans my PC has... etc.

4 tabs of 8GB DDR4 each worth of RAM (32 total), and because my MB cannot handle 16GB slots... but this PC is already 6 years old, and it is as fast as flash. However, when FA arrives, I run like 60 WS, and that slows it down bit, especially after a few weeks without rebooting (I never turn it off, old school hehe.)

Last edited: