• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Meaning of Discovered in Elvenar

BuilderViktor

Adventurer
My message/question/wondering is what did the developers intend for the word "Discovered" to mean in this game. In the normal course of everyday English language "discovered" means "found" (and its other forms like "finds") I believe - let me know if I'm wrong and I'll apologise. However, in Elvenar it does not quite meet that stringent translation. My reasoning is thus: Generally "discovered" does mean "found" except in at least one exta-ordinary (not extraordinary) situation in this game. When you find a new city on your world map and enter. Note here that I used that word "find" but could have the other one, "discovered". Presumably, I could/should/would claim it as "discovered". The game will not let me provide "Helping Hands" (HH) if I consider it necessary. But it will allow me to spend "Knowledge Points" (KPs).
So, from a quote which I borrow from an old Australian (?) Children's Science Show: "Why Is It So?" This is intended for the developers but sensible answers are still requested. I am not intending this to continue ad nauseum either. But I really want to know so that I do not have to pay the Trader's exorbitant fees.

CaptObvious

Seeker
Discovered neighbours are green on the world map. You can discover a player by being in a current fellowship with them or by scouting the province next to them. You can only do neighbourly help to a discovered player. Trades with neighbours that are not green or discovered will have a trade fee. I would guess the term discovered is used as it has to cover both players you have found by scouting the province next to them and players you have found by joining the same fellowship.
I haven't seen the why is it so add for 30+ years, just googled it and it's in black and white, now i feel old.

Deleted User - 106219

"Discovered" refers to players you have reached on the world map, i.e. you have scouted at least one of the provinces next to their city. You can only give NH only to players you have discovered. Note that it doesn't matter if the other player has discovered you as well.

Technically players that are in the same fellowship as you also count as discovered, however for them the game uses the term "Fellow" and you don't need to have scounted any of the provinces next to them.