• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Contact Support March Of the Herds not updating tools received

firerock

Enchanter
So I get a task #38 produce basket of groceries 10 times, which isn't a problem, but then it also says and get 500K+ tools.

So I figure the only way I can do this over 2 days is to boost all the workshops.
I try and actively make sure I boost everyone and return it to make the tools count (BUT THEY DONT!)

I even tried to do a reward of solve 4 encounters for 8K tools but that doesn't update either!

I checked the announcements for the herds event, and it doesn't mention they wont be included. I don't see why they shouldn't be included.
This has to be a bug. Seriously next time please make it more manageable 500K is ridiculous!

Timneh

Artisan
The amount of supplies required in addition to the workshop productions is crazy. I always thought that games were meant to be fun but sitting at a pc trying to get all those supplies is NOT FUN in the least. The devs must have been high or something when they came up with those figures or more likely insane. I wonder if any of them actually have a normal account in the game and play the way we have to, if they don't they should get one and then they would see just how much these quests take the fun out of the game. Most players also have lives away from this game and don't have time to just sit there doing short production times to try and get the supplies as fast as they can.

Last edited:

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
the only way to complete the secondary quests "gain x supplies" in a decent amount of time requires :
1. to have at least a 125% culture bonus
2. to put Ensorcelled Endowment spells on the visited culture
3. to put Power of provision spells on your Workshops
4. to do repeatingly 5min cycles on your WS...
But even there, it can require some hours... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser3781

So I figure the only way I can do this over 2 days is to boost all the workshops.
I try and actively make sure I boost everyone and return it to make the tools count (BUT THEY DONT!)
Weird, neighborly help worked for me no problem. Try refreshing maybe?

I even tried to do a reward of solve 4 encounters for 8K tools but that doesn't update either!

Quests don't count. It's supposed to not count I think... As to why, no idea.

the only way to complete the secondary quests "gain x supplies" in a decent amount of time requires :
/snip/
4. to do repeatingly 5min cycles on your WS...

Depends how you define decent time... I'd rather play normally and let them accumulate during a day or two than grind those beverages every five minutes.

firerock

Enchanter
Trufsonia, you are in Orcs several chapters behind, you don't have anything so drastic in terms of qty to produce.

DeletedUser3781

I don't get that. If you're in a later chapter, you have more advanced workshops, so you can produce more per time unit, why would a different quantity for the quest matter?

Timneh

Artisan
I have just posted on another thread that some players do not upgrade all buildings to max lvl. I am in orcs chapter and that means my workshops could be at lvl 21 but because i have enough supplies coming from my workshops at lvl 16 i do not see the need to upgrade them any higher. When i find i need more supplies i will upgrade them but because of the way i play i do not get the amount of supplies that Inno think i should do for the chapter i am in and therefore i find these gain supplies quests hard.

Deleted User - 106219

I don't get that. If you're in a later chapter, you have more advanced workshops, so you can produce more per time unit, why would a different quantity for the quest matter?
Not quite. First of all, you need to research the required technologies, and that can take a long time with all the guest race goods needed in both S&D and Halflings. Second, it takes time and resources (including Culture and Population) to upgrade the buildings, so you might be unable to do the upgrades just yet. And last, but not least, maybe you simply don't want to upgrade certain buildings just yet (for example, because there's something else that takes priority).

But none of that matters to Inno. Someone who has just started a chapter gets the exact same quest requirement as someone who is at the end of that same chapter even though the former is practically still in the previous chapter production-wise.

Timneh

Artisan
Inno doesn't think to what you should do, they think to what you could do... if they think :p (what is still to be proved)

HAHAHA very good point.
Of course it is just my opinion but i think it is wrong of them to assume that everyone has upgraded everything to the max lvl when many players have not done so.

DeletedUser3781

Not quite. First of all, you need to research the required technologies, and that can take a long time with all the guest race goods needed in both S&D and Halflings. Second, it takes time and resources (including Culture and Population) to upgrade the buildings, so you might be unable to do the upgrades just yet. And last, but not least, maybe you simply don't want to upgrade certain buildings just yet (for example, because there's something else that takes priority).

I can't see how it only applies to S&D and Halflings, in orcs you need guest race resources to upgrade workshops too :)
Btw, I only own 6 workshops and all of them are still in fairy levels (and I have 0 supplies AWs), so I expected to struggle with those quests, but that didn't happen. I arrived at full bar just doing things that I would do anyway with the first batch of the gain supplies quests, in less than a day each, which is fine with me.
Of course the later ones will be harder, but with my poor workshops setup I thought I would be struggling from the very beginning after reading the outcry on the forums.

Deleted User - 106219

I can't see how it only applies to S&D and Halflings, in orcs you need guest race resources to upgrade workshops too :)
It's in S&D where things get really demanding. Just look at the tech tree - you have a total of 6 (SIX) techs that do not require any guest race goods. One is Advanced Scouts, the other five are the techs required to build the Campus. EVERYTHING else requires guest race goods. Then in Halflings you also get huge demands for Seeds...

Btw, I only own 6 workshops and all of them are still in fairy levels (and I have 0 supplies AWs), so I expected to struggle with those quests, but that didn't happen. I arrived at full bar just doing things that I would do anyway with the first batch of the gain supplies quests, in less than a day each, which is fine with me.
Of course the later ones will be harder, but with my poor workshops setup I thought I would be struggling from the very beginning after reading the outcry on the forums.
The early quests are fine. It's the later ones that are the problem, as they demand A LOT of Supplies.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Should you have problems with quests not updating correctly, please do get in touch with the Support Team. Via Support it's a lot easier to help in such cases, then it would be via the forums. :)