• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Map location

Hi
I have had many FS members complain of being moved on the map, they are always unaware of this feature. Should it not be unselected by default to prevent unwilling relocation? especially as the option to toggle on or off is completely missing on the mobile app and those players have no idea that one day they could just be uprooted from the spot they call home. Many of my FS members are within site on the map but one long time player who thought they were safe from being relocated logged in to find they were moved and are very unhappy about it. I have never heard of a player who was happy to be relocated when they were not expecting it. The solution to me seems simple, disable the relocation as default and even better give people the opportuntiy to choose a relocation spot.
Are there any plans for improving the relocation feature?
Thanks, Kejul

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Kejul the Relocation Process is an automated system. There are always some players that are disappointed when they are not getting moved on the map whilst others are not happy when they get moved. Turning the option off is not a real solution because when all your Neighbors are moved away, it is perhaps a bit lonely where you are. However, we have to optimize the Map from time to time. Please be assured that if you get moved on the Map, the spot you are landing on is exactly the same way as the spot you are coming from. A City only gets moved when there is an identical spot available.

Giraffi

Enchanter
I have been told that the mobile app players can ask Support to have the toggle turned off so that they are locked down.

From experience, you don’t necessarily end in a better place. No guarantee that bigger cities are still playing. Other cities will be moved into the same area, so there should be some life. I have looked at the area where I was moved from and that area turned into a dismal place. Most of the cities left behind there were the ones I know had stopped playing.

SkyRider99

Mentor
I hope I don't get moved any time soon. I finally have 20 or 30 good neighbours. Since I have 640+ provinces solved that's still a low percentage, but the good neighbours are dependable and almost without exception, honest. I really don't need too many more. With my 25 fellowship NH visits, plus the 25-odd neighbours, that's a comfortable daily round of NH activity for me.

There must be a lot of zombie cities. When Inno has their next zombie clean-up I hope to see a few more good players join my region. :)

Gargon667

Mentor
The problem really is that the process isn´t really working yet. Ideally all the old, inactive cities would be placed in storage so only the really active ones remain. If that was the case fewer people would complain about being moved.
As it is right now being moved closer to the center is not a guarantee to be moved to a more active neighborhood.
But anyway as has been pointed out, not being moved is not an option either as you will be left in an empty wasteland.
So better get moved and hope that the cleanup process will eventually work :)
I haven´t been moved, but I did get a bunch of new towns moved into my area, so that worked out for me at least. Well few of them are big enough to reach me, but anyway,if they stay active they will reach me eventually and if they don´t well I am still hoping for the clean-up to work one day.

Please refrain from breaking our Forum Rules, namely Rule 13: Discussions about bans and support tickets
I've been waiting 2 months to be moved on the world map, because most of the cities are inactive and they moved me before, in the world map where I can't trade and I'm forced to buy from the wholesaler. I've 411 provinces and all my neighbours trade the very same goods as I do. I've reported several time about inactive cities and yet, they are still there.

Last edited by a moderator:

FieryArien

Necromancer
As far as I know they (support) just cannot manually move you. The moving system is automated and I’m not sure how often it’s run, so unfortunately you have only one option: wait and make really really sure that “move checkbox” is checked.
Personally I’ve been moved for the first time ever this year. (My city in the last chapter at the moment.)

Gargon667

Mentor
I've been waiting 2 months to be moved on the world map, because most of the cities are inactive and they moved me before, in the world map where I can't trade and I'm forced to buy from the wholesaler. I've 411 provinces and all my neighbours trade the very same goods as I do. I've reported several time about inactive cities and yet, they are still there.

Your expectations for this function are unfortunately way too high :( In Innos defense: they never claimed it to be finished either (I think), so supposedly they are still working on it.

What it CAN NOT do:
1. move on demand (that would require far too much manpower)
2. move you to a more active area (I know that is what everybody thinks, I´ll get to it in a sec)
3. remove inactive towns on demand (see 1)

What it CAN do:
1. When it´s run: remove inactive towns based on certain criteria (I don´t know what those are right now, but supposedly time since last login, depending on other factors like chapter and diamond spending)
2. Move you to a more CENTRAL part of the map. That does not guarantee more activity. But in general should result in more quantity of neighbours (since everybody gravitates towards the center) and especially if step 1 is run it should also increase activity. However exceptions are common due to those exceptions in the removal process.

What it is supposed to do in the future:
1. Remove ALL inactive cities after a certain amount of time and put them into storage rather than delete them. The storage part may actually already be in action, but the ALL part isn´t.
2. Once step 1 is complete, all moving towards the center will guarantee more active neighbours (although of course a few rare exceptions will always occur)

I am already in the central part of the map. Problem is that my neighbours trade the same goods as me. But they are few of them, lets say 8-9 at most, of which 3 trades with 1 or no star at all.

Dead cities: 3 weeks and still ongoing to upgrade a MH level 2 I find a bad joke and this happens with many cities surrounding me.
I don't buy the thing that a superior being is moving the cities, its seem to me that none will take the blame, like a hot potato.
If a city has 1 MH, 2 buildings and a workshop for more than a month, it is crystal clear is a dead one. My feeling is that instead of deleting them, it is preferred to keep them, in hope that one day the player will grow his town.

As far as I know they (support) just cannot manually move you. The moving system is automated and I’m not sure how often it’s run, so unfortunately you have only one option: wait and make really really sure that “move checkbox” is checked.
Personally I’ve been moved for the first time ever this year. (My city in the last chapter at the moment.)
No, support just answer to questions, that's all. Well, there's another option, stop playing. It's their loss, not mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, my post have been edited because support told me that <quote> is an automatic process. </quote>. Someone for sure had to develop such automatic process or it is simply a divine intervention? Saying that it is an automatic process means everything and the contrary of it.
Breathing is an automatic process.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @spieler20200712 Yes the Automatic Process and it's complexities would have been developed by someone at it's inception. However it was also created to work independently without the ability for manual interference. Whilst I do understand your frustration at feeling "stranded" there is no way the Team would be able to override this system and manually move you. Are there other things you could consider? Is your Fellowship definitely working for you? Maybe a move to another would help where they are far more active with a variety of Boosted Goods?

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Never occured in mind that this is a bug? Or are we playing with an AI, like HAL in 2001: A Space Odyssey?
BTW I'm not frustrated, I find hilarius that I have to find solutions, while I am far away to be support. Ooops, I've mentioned it, will I be banned for this?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@spieler20200712 Firstly, it's a Forum Rule, and secondly any interaction with Support is Private and Confidential between yourselves. Even if you feel the information discussed is banal, we politely ask all players to refrain from discussing it here :)

Anyway we seem to be moving off topic, so lets keep it to Map Locations! :D

Stucon

Illusionist
Don't expect anything to happen soon, I have played for years and my one (and only) move happened just a few months ago.
Sorry I can't say anything to support you.

Gargon667

Mentor
Don't expect anything to happen soon, I have played for years and my one (and only) move happened just a few months ago.
Sorry I can't say anything to support you.

That is actually because they have made major upgrades to the tech a few month ago. Until then moves were extremely rare and far between. Now they have become rather common and many people actually have been moved since then, while before those changes well it was more a case of "I know someone, who knows someone who got moved" lol.
And you are not supposed to be moved more than once. If you are in a sparsely populated area in the outskirts you are moved to the center, that´s it. No more need to be moved ever again (in theory). If you were spawned in the center to begin with you will never be moved.

m4rt1n

Adept

From info posted by forum staff previously, my knowledge is the auto system is run at select times, no idea how often but while the devs are available to manually correct any errors that can possibly occur.

Last edited: