• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Manual fights in the app

DeletedUser9351

Hello,
I just wonder if manual fights will ever be released in the app? Currently only automatic fights are possible. Unless I'm completly blind and missed the option... Not being able to fight manually is a huge downside which makes me not use the app very often.

DeletedUser9149

Good question, I too would love to have that option as my laptop is too old and slow to use play on the game easily so I play 99% on a tablet. I have read you loose troops much more in automatic fighting so it would be nice to be able to do a manual fight when needed.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
While it is something we would like to do eventually, we are not currently sure. The manual battle feature is a highly technically complex topic, and we want to focus on improving other areas of the game before we tackle it. It is currently uncertain if we will be able to spend time on this due to our other priorities, but we also don't want to close that door completely. :)

DeletedUser9351

While it is something we would like to do eventually, we are not currently sure. The manual battle feature is a highly technically complex topic, and we want to focus on improving other areas of the game before we tackle it. It is currently uncertain if we will be able to spend time on this due to our other priorities, but we also don't want to close that door completely. :)

Thanks for the reply, it's good to know! Although it seems weird that it's not a priority, since fighting is a big mechanic of the game ;)

DeletedUser8632

I think it is really an issue of implementation. You can't really change it from the desktop approach-wise but the real estate on mobile is so limited that moving units and targeting could be extremely difficult.

DeletedUser8901

Hi I play on the app on an iPad, and have not got an option for automatic fighting, that’s if I understand what you mean by manual/auto fighting. I always select which troops I want to fight with, so I assume that’s manual fighting.

Paladestar

Enchanter
Using Poison Dryads, per the screenshot, the player will lose units. Only a single Poison Dryad can attack the Cannoneer and probably won't kill it in one shot (It takes 50% less damage from light ranged units), the Cannoneeer will then get to attack on the next round. The enemy Dryad has Strikeback and the same range as the player's Dryads, so by attacking it one of the Player's Dryads have to take a Strikeback. The enemy Veteran (Vallorian) Guards have two movement and two attack range, so if a Dryad attacks one of these and it isn't killed before the end of the turn it can also hit back the next turn (Unless blocked by the environment, which, in truth, there is actually a good chance of that being possible on that map layout).

A full team of Blossom Princesses can easily kill that enemy team without being hit even once. A single BP can kill the Cannoneer, three of the other BPs can focus and kill the enemy Dryad from outside it's range (BP have 5 attack range, Dryad has 4), so no Strikeback. The enemy heavy melee are then sitting ducks for the BPs.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Just try to ignore the fact that it should be a full team of Blossom Mages/Princesses being used and not Poison Dryads!

This was just an illustration of what a manual battle screen looks like for someone who has never seen it - not about battle tactics. I hit surrender immediately after the screenshot and only had to fear the Mist Walker which has 90% attack bonus against mages.

But you are right, if I wanted to actually fight that battle then Blossom Princesses would have been better. Maybe I should have made that clear.

DeletedUser8632

Using Poison Dryads, per the screenshot, the player will lose units. Only a single Poison Dryad can attack the Cannoneer and probably won't kill it in one shot (It takes 50% less damage from light ranged units), the Cannoneeer will then get to attack on the next round. The enemy Dryad has Strikeback and the same range as the player's Dryads, so by attacking it one of the Player's Dryads have to take a Strikeback. The enemy Veteran (Vallorian) Guards have two movement and two attack range, so if a Dryad attacks one of these and it isn't killed before the end of the turn it can also hit back the next turn (Unless blocked by the environment, which, in truth, there is actually a good chance of that being possible on that map layout).

A full team of Blossom Princesses can easily kill that enemy team without being hit even once. A single BP can kill the Cannoneer, three of the other BPs can focus and kill the enemy Dryad from outside it's range (BP have 5 attack range, Dryad has 4), so no Strikeback. The enemy heavy melee are then sitting ducks for the BPs.

Thanks for the extensive explanation. Its completely different from the situation in chapter 9/10, where I would never use magic units in a situation like that. Good to know that magic units for Elves become less useless later.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
The elven Sorceresses remain crappy even with 3 stars. The Blossom Princesses (3 star) are a whole lot better. But with enough AWs and boosters even Sorceresses are usable.

DeletedUser8632

The elven Sorceresses remain crappy even with 3 stars. The Blossom Princesses (3 star) are a whole lot better. But with enough AWs and boosters even Sorceresses are usable.

I'm still not sure I believe this :D I only have access to 1 Star Blossom Mages and they are really really very good at one thing only: Dying in large numbers.

Deleted User - 106219

I'm still not sure I believe this :D I only have access to 1 Star Blossom Mages and they are really really very good at one thing only: Dying in large numbers.
1-star Blossom Mage is pretty weak, except against Heavy Melee and Heavy Ranged units. 2-star Blossom Mage is MUCH better. And the 3-star version (Blossom Princess) is even better.

But even the 1-star version tends to work better than the 3-star Bud Sorceress due to range - 5 range lets the Blossom Mage hit most enemy units while staying out of their range.

DeletedUser1962

one point for you Muf-Muf if you opened unattached squad upgrades, you must do manual fighting or your troop will no go past 4 star without being wiped out, the only top scorers in tourney do auto fight, and it takes time to learn manual fighting, try it if you can do up to 6 stars, no I don't think you will, it takes me 2 min most times that's 8 min a provinces, and I have opened 12 unattached squad upgrades thank to bad planning by inno, and have 52.000+ tourney ranking points, if you did manual fighting on the app, it would not be used for long.

FieryArien

Necromancer
if you did manual fighting on the app, it would not be used for long.
I’d definitely use it for Spire. Currently I never fight there (except the first section of the first level and except very very rare fights that are set up clearly in my favor), because the losses are totally unreasonable on auto-fight.
But you are right about tournament. I can’t even imagine how much time would it take to manually fight my tournaments (2-3k average on each world).

@Muf-Muf, I really appreciated your response. I couldn’t “like” it, because I don’t actually like it. :) However, it sets my expectations properly and I won’t be hoping for Inno to actually work on manual fights in the app (any time soon). Thanks for being direct. The app got messaging recently and it hopefully gets KP donations soon too. Good work.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
one point for you Muf-Muf if you opened unattached squad upgrades, you must do manual fighting or your troop will no go past 4 star without being wiped out

Not true. Researching optional squad size upgrades do not make your fights harder. If you get wiped out in the 4th round there are other reasons for that. However you will loose more units to achieve the same result as someone who hasn't researched optionals.

No way that I fight tournaments manually and I do advise everybody against it. Improve your troops instead.

I’d definitely use it for Spire.

Now this is a whole different story. I agree, the Spire demands to be fought manually. Even then it is very costly, at least for me. Moreover, unlike the tournaments it is impossible to optimize our cities for the Spire because Inno withholds the factors that influences its difficulty :mad:

So IMO, manual fighting would be useful for the Spire but much less so (if at all) for tournaments (or world map).

The manual battle feature is a highly technically complex topic, and we want to focus on improving other areas of the game before we tackle it.

100% agree. For me a better solution would be a better balancing of the Spire, so it could be fought on auto.

With the availability of messaging (thank you soo very much for that :)), there are only two wishes left for the app - being able to donate to wonders and being less demanding on the hardware. The latter could contradict the manual fighting idea.