• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Mandatory Buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser1683
  • Start date

DeletedUser1683

Given that the majority of us want the MA to be optional.

What other buildings would you like to be able to remove?

Inno states in an early video, for example, that the humans are more warlike and the elves work with nature. Of course, it hasn't turned out that way with the Elven units far superior to Humans in reality. But, the promise is one of being able to choose play styles.

However, the barracks and armories aren't optional. Massive points are given towards player scores from these military buildings as they are a consumer of Culture.

Your thoughts?

DeletedUser

I would like to see ALL buildings being optional. You want to try and manage without a Town hall? Go ahead. You want to be a pacifist and NEVER fight? Also fine. You want to get to the end as fast as possible (by building things, visiting people etc)? You can do that too.

Reducing options reduces the fun.

DeletedUser1683

I would like to see ALL buildings being optional. You want to try and manage without a Town hall? Go ahead. You want to be a pacifist and NEVER fight? Also fine. You want to get to the end as fast as possible (by building things, visiting people etc)? You can do that too.

Reducing options reduces the fun.

I couldn't agree more.

What annoys me is that the videos about the game promise freedom to play in our own style.

That is clearly impossible.

pertm

Seeker
Would be a bit hard to do a building game like this and not having builders hut. Then one can't build or upgrade anything

DeletedUser

Would be a bit hard to do a building game like this and not having builders hut. Then one can't build or upgrade anything

So? Maybe you want the space once you are maxed and waiting for the next update? Doesn't mean it shouldn't be deletable.

DeletedUser

I'd like the option to be able to get rid of the barracks and concentrate purely on trading.

DeletedUser1683

I'd like the option to be able to get rid of the barracks and concentrate purely on trading.

It's not my play style, but I agree!!! That is exactly the sort of thing Inno promise in game videos.

So, Inno, why can't we play our own style of game as you promise?

DeletedUser1683

Let's take the barracks, for example. Who would prefer to play the game without the barracks and armoury?