• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Managed to get negative number population

Faz3d

Novice
at this very moment after discovering that a person can actually manage to get a negative number on population disregarding game fuctions, no exceptions within this clause. wanting to upgrade my metal manufactory i manage to temp build a housing unit to start an upgrade and then just deleted it while upgrade was in progress. to my surprise nothing prompting the reversal or halt on upgrade till numbers match zero.

would just like to inform someone before being banned for un-intentional bug find

Attachments

• Elvenar bug (neg pop).jpg
    Elvenar bug (neg pop).jpg
    417 KB · Views: 57

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
This is something that can indeed occur and is not a bug. It is purely that you have deleted a source of population that was needed.
By upgrading existing Residences or special buildings that give population or adding more to your city, this will correct this for you. Or by removing something that needs population will of course also create the balance you need.

DeletedUser9850

As from what Lelanya said,negative population will be really helpful to me from now.Thanks for the tip Lelanya:):);)

Faz3d

Novice
i mean , not tested yet but what if you begin a construction requiring a decent amount of population and you brainfart and use a teleportation scroll on a building that gives you a good amount of population. would this not slap you back into the stone ages considering that could be a rather big time saver for resource at higher lvls, buying some time leap frogging you 2 days ahead of schedule maybe before tournaments etc. just a thought since my knowlwedge of the game isnt an extensive amount, giving that i can see some possible flaws without looking too hard at the mechanics of the game and i think we all know there are some bug abusers but in fairness working harder for something is rather more enjoyable.thanks to all that have responded on the post so far,beautiful perspectives.thank you :D

FieryArien

Necromancer
You can indeed use this for your advantage.

My recent example: Over the last week(s) (on another server) I needed more production from Canals in Elementals chapter and I wasn’t planning any regular upgrades anytime soon. Canals don’t need population, so I teleported some Residences, placed Canals and had negative population of several thousands. No problem.

But: This isn’t something you’d do all the time. For example at the moment I had to get into black numbers again, because FA is coming and obviously I’d like to contribute at least a little bit more than just occasional Sack of Coins or Bracelet. ;-)

My conclusion: negative population isn’t game-breaker, it can be (ab)used, but only to a certain limit.