• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Making notes using the message window

Jake65

Sage
I would find it useful to make in-game notes so that they aren't on a particular device or piece of paper.

As far as I understand, if I send a message to one recipient and they then delete the message on their side, the thread gets broken so I can no longer message them using that thread.
Can I still type messages in that thread even though they won't actually send?
I'm thinking this would work as a sort of notepad that would stay in my list of messages.
I'll give it a try but I'm wondering if anyone has already tried it.
Or something much simpler.

kimkimkim

Summoner
Never tried this myself, I use notepad......let us know if it works

Verde

Soothsayer
It won't if you have more than one recipient and they all delete it.
Process above, where message reactivates, only happens when there is a single recipient.

Jake65

Sage
It won't if you have more than one recipient and they all delete it.
Process above, where message reactivates, only happens when there is a single recipient.
I tried it with just one recipient (FS member) and they got my next message after they deleted the thread.
Maybe I must log out and back in to refresh?
I am trying with a non-FS member, maybe that makes a difference.
They probably think I'm nuts :)

Edit: sorry, I misread your reply. I'll try with more than one recipient.
One of those days when it just wasn't worth chewing through the restraints. (That's a joke :D )

Ruprecht

Adventurer
Make a free pastebin account. Very handy for making little notes. Works on desktop and mobile. Can make docs to share with your FS or private. Never wants you to connect to other apps or sites like Google and Microsoft do.

Jake65

Sage
@Verde , THANK YOU!!
Multiple recipients is the trick, it worked. Super chuffed, this will be very useful for me.
If anyone else is keen to keep in-game notes:

1. Send a message to minimum two fellows/players using a subject that is relevant to the type of note you want to make (Things To-Do, Teleports won, FA dates so you can call in sick, etc).
2. The recipients must all delete the message so it no longer appears in their inboxes.
3. You can then type more comments/notes and "send/answer" to save.
4. The messages will not be sent to the recipients even though they still show up in the list on your side.
5. On PC the message/note will go to your outbox and stay there, on mobile it just sits in your message list.

Thanks also to @Alcaro for helping with the Mk2 attempt :D

Last edited: