• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Research Make it easier for late comers

DeletedUser

Sooo... they are in the habit of launching new worlds. This changes everything. It's pretty much sure they won't rebalance the game, but instead they'll launch a new world. Which is kind of the lazy solution every other game company is doing, but it'll work. Wish someone had informed me about this instead of the other things I was informed. ;)

BTW, Weirdsister, this also makes your performance less impressive. ;) I thought you started 6 months later, instead it was just 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1265

BTW, Weirdsister, this also makes your performance less impressive. ;) I thought you started 6 months later, instead it was just 2.

LOL, I feel that I should probably thank you for that comment :p
I am glad the pieces are coming together.

DeletedUser219

Just to muddy the waters a little bit further, EN is for ENglish, as it is the International (non US) English speaking server, not limited to England. There are a lot of Australians playing here as well, because we default to this server rather than a US one, and we rarely get a server of Our Very Own.
To make this comment on-topic, I will spell out something which has been hinted at, but not said directly.
Time has value!
Giving new players the ability to rush past those who have been here longer, and worked harder, is not a viable solution for any game that plans on longevity.

DeletedUser

To make this comment on-topic, I will spell out something which has been hinted at, but not said directly.
Time has value!
Giving new players the ability to rush past those who have been here longer, and worked harder, is not a viable solution for any game that plans on longevity.
In most online games, even this one, now, there's "the ability to rush past those who have been here longer, and worked harder". Two ways to go about it, in fact.

DeletedUser

In most online games, even this one, now, there's "the ability to rush past those who have been here longer, and worked harder". Two ways to go about it, in fact.

Not sure you understood properly, let me help. There are ways to get ahead that are available to ALL PLAYERS. What you are asking for is NOT available to all players, just those that started late. This is the point Horanda was making.

What you want would devalue the long term players which (I imagine) is sub-optimal to the survival of the game. While it may turn out that getting people in, spend their $20 and then churning them is more profitable, I doubt it is long term profitable.

DeletedUser

Not sure you understood properly, let me help. There are ways to get ahead that are available to ALL PLAYERS. What you are asking for is NOT available to all players, just those that started late.
You obviously didn't understand. No, what I was asking for would've been available to all players.

DeletedUser

You obviously didn't understand. No, what I was asking for would've been available to all players.

No, I understood just fine.
Let me help you out, 'cause I am a caring kind of guy.

Player one: Plays game with no capacity to get extra KP's
Player two: Plays game and gets extra KP's

Player one: Hey?! I didn't get extra stuff as I was playing... why should s/he? It is not like the game doesn't "pause" while new stuff comes out
Player two: Whatever, I need an advantage for ... reasons. *nods*

DeletedUser

No, I understood just fine.
Let me help you out, 'cause I am a caring kind of guy.

Player one: Plays game with no capacity to get extra KP's
Player two: Plays game and gets extra KP's

Player one: Hey?! I didn't get extra stuff as I was playing... why should s/he? It is not like the game doesn't "pause" while new stuff comes out
Player two: Whatever, I need an advantage for ... reasons. *nods*
You've completely stopped making any sense.

DeletedUser487

The general consensus here is that a player, no matter when he/she starts is only entitled to the KP that he/she receives whilst playing the game. I have nothing against offering new players something like a starter pack full of goods for example, but not the extra KP you think you should be getting. If that were the case, then we should all be entitled to receive 3 free chests per day from visiting neighbours since the feature wasn't there when we started. However, in reality, that is not really feasible, and I will gladly continue playing the game without being compensated for it. You should too. You will have access to things such as tournaments for gaining KP in the early stages, the new ancient wonder (which will be a pain for advanced players to get by the way) and that advanced players in your fellowship can give you excellent trade rates to help you progress further.

DeletedUser1353

There is a problem now that wasn't here before for competative newcomers. When I started playing in February this year I could look at the top players and say: it will take some time, maybe 6 months without spending major amounts of diamonds, but eventually I will get to where they are and compete for the top rankings. I was fine with this.

Today it's a bit different, now when AW:s awards points and Tournaments gives permanent ranking. When a new player finally reaches the end of the research tree the top players will have practically maxed out ancient wonders and thousands of extra points from the tournaments that newer players can't get (because you dont have the advanced troops and the amounts of resources needed to score high in tournaments). And while it's true that you can get AW:s earlier now, spending KP on AW:s early will lead to you advancing the research tree slower of course.

The best bet to reach a high ranking now as a new player is to hope a new world gets released or spend tons of diamonds, which it wasn't before in my opinion.

And that leads me to another problem: new worlds. A new world will most likely make a major part of new players go to that one, which means even more inactives and slower growth of new villages on the old worlds which already is a problem. Good thing they added gold mines.

Personally i wouldn't be so mad if newer players got a little extra boost, I think Inno would gain diamond buyers from this actually. Maybe reduce the costs of the early (chapter 1-4) diamond buildings.

TLDR: The time it takes to get to the end of the reasearch isn't the main problem, the problem (as I see it) is that when you get there, top players will still be miles ahead of you thanks to AW:s and tournaments.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser219

That possibility is there, as in most games if you have the ability! I can practically guarantee that if you apply yourself, within the context of the game, you will "rush past" the lowest several thousand players on your server, some of whom have been 'playing' for months. If you continue to apply yourself, you will continue to pass players who started before you, players who have spent diamonds and months of time on the game. You are not likely, nor should you be able, to pass an active player who is putting effort and money into the game. This would not be fair to them, and would not make good commercial sense to Inno, as it would cause paying players to drop out of the game.
That being said, remember that this game is not designed to be an intensely competitive game. As in most 'Free to Play' games, attaining the top rung is a function of how much money you are willing to spend. This game, unlike many others, is designed to still be enjoyed if you have a limited (or non-existent) budget. And even without spending money, it is possible, through time and effort, to get into the top 1000 in your world.