• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Research Make it easier for late comers

DeletedUser

Agreed, especially those players that repeatedly reach the end of the knowledge tree waiting for the next race to be released, that is fantastic catch up time.
Does that happen to a lot of players? How much does that idle time lasts?
Since you might not know the answer for other players, do you wait often at the end of the knowledge tree for new content?

I wouldn't restart in the same world, that is pointless. But I would start from scratch elsewhere.
Not pointless at all. You started 6 months after the world opened, now we're 12 months after it started. It should be so much more challenging and entertaining for you.

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-06-13 - merged 2 consecutive posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1265

I have experienced that, when I started at Arendyll, which was a lot more established when I started. However, this conversation is going nowhere, so I think I am gong to invest my energy assisting new players that have recently joined, in-game, instead of debating the wind here.

My son, aged 11, recently started and he is already "catching up" so I guess it is how you play the game.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure how you understood the question, but it was if you wanted to start in this world, now.

With relevance to this.. The ranking I currently am is after restarting in a different world, which I progressed much faster than the previous one. Which adds yet another wrinkle to the problem, knowledge of how to play makes progress perhaps twice as quick, so potentially you getting an advantage may not even help you, but would help me.. Or another way to look at it, restarting is a way to gain rank more quickly.

DeletedUser

I have experienced that, when I started at Arendyll, which was a lot more established when I started. However, this conversation is going nowhere, so I think I am gong to invest my energy assisting new players that have recently joined, in-game, instead of debating the wind here.

My son, aged 11, recently started and he is already "catching up" so I guess it is how you play the game.

This thread was, of course, going nowhere since about post #3. Guess you don't have that much time sitting at the end of the research tree. Catching up with rank #10,000 is simple, of course. With #100 is much, much harder.

DeletedUser971

You also need supplies to get ahead, the average workshops a player has is 10. With 4 you are really going to battle to make up the difference and get ahead in the rankings. You will be forever chasing your tail. The points will come with a well constructed city. Look at the players ahead of you and decide what direction you want to take your city and then stick to plan. Some months you will grow others stagnate, but with good planning you will get ahead.

DeletedUser1265

Since you might not know the answer for other players, do you wait often at the end of the knowledge tree for new content?

We currently have 3 fellows that are at the end of fairies on Arendyll, and have been for about a week or two now, and they were idle at the end of dwarves, waiting for fairies. I haven't yet reached the end of the tech tree on either servers, I can only comment on the fellows in the fellowship.

Cregganroe

Conjurer
Rather than keep on arguing with everybody about how unfair things are.... Would your time not be better spent researching everyone's tips and guides and using them to help you on your way..... I am also new to the game and enjoying very much.... I also find the forum and wiki pages very helpful and use them as a tool to get further in the game..... The forum (I feel) is for help and advice and everyone has tried to help you but you are so stuck on one point you refuse to accept it.... You learn a lot more by being quiet and listening than you do by ignoring and stamping your feet in a petulant way..... Lighten up it's a GAME.... If it's not fun then don't play..... Simple

DeletedUser1925

Maybe double KP per hour until you reach end of chapter 2, 3?

DeletedUser415

If you want an example:
Finished tech tree and had to wait 2 months for Dwarves chapter to be implemented.
Finished tech tree and had to wait over 3 months (lost track of time) for Fairies chapter to be implemented.
It's been over 1 month since completing Fairies Chapter and still waiting.

That is without spending diamonds on tech's.
So there's an example for 6 months of catch up time (for lower ranked players) in this example to date. It was probably more time but didn't keep track (rough estimate only).
All the advanced players can do when we're waiting for new content is spend KP's on AW's with a few building upgrades. That's about it, while others are increasing their rank and catching up as they can still build while the rest of us are stuck.

DeletedUser

Hey, some better replies.
You also need supplies to get ahead, the average workshops a player has is 10. With 4 you are really going to battle to make up the difference and get ahead in the rankings. You will be forever chasing your tail. The points will come with a well constructed city. Look at the players ahead of you and decide what direction you want to take your city and then stick to plan. Some months you will grow others stagnate, but with good planning you will get ahead.
About cities: for casual styles of play, and even more so for players who don't buy premium extensions, some other limitations that limit progress might appear before the lack of knowledge points. But players who play better, and also often, and buy extensions, are going to have better cities and collect more from their cities. However, no mater how much better you play (or how much high ranked players offer you resources for free), you can't get much more more knowledge points -- that's is the ultimate barrier.

Maybe double KP per hour until you reach end of chapter 2, 3?
That's a crude solution. :) It could make some ambitions players wake up at night to collect KPs so as to not have them go to waste.
I wasn't going to propose solutions, one of the reasons being that the game designers will come up with much better ones anyway if/when they want to fix the issue. But anyway, here are some ideas:
- the knowledge points needed for researching techs in early & middle chapters could be reduced.
- since everyone agreed that spending diamonds on KPs is a bad idea, make them much cheaper (reimburse, if needed, those who bought).

If you want an example:
Finished tech tree and had to wait 2 months for Dwarves chapter to be implemented.
Finished tech tree and had to wait over 3 months (lost track of time) for Fairies chapter to be implemented.
It's been over 1 month since completing Fairies Chapter and still waiting.

That is without spending diamonds on tech's.
So there's an example for 6 months of catch up time (for lower ranked players) in this example to date. It was probably more time but didn't keep track (rough estimate only).
All the advanced players can do when we're waiting for new content is spend KP's on AW's with a few building upgrades. That's about it, while others are increasing their rank and catching up as they can still build while the rest of us are stuck.

I want to believe you, and I am (also because Weirdsister said the same thing), but you're not playing on the international server, are you?
It's a good point though, I'm not sure how often new content is added, I was under the impression it was a lot since (or about when) I joined, and also just before. But then increasing the levels on AWs (I guess that's what spending KPs on AWs means?) is also something the other players need to do to get where you are.

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-06-14 - deleted an off-topic remark including the quote.

Deleted User - 106219

About cities: for casual styles of play, and even more so for players who don't buy premium extensions, some other limitations that limit progress might appear first before the lack of knowledge points. But players who play better, and also often, and buy extensions, are going to have better cities and collect more from their cities. However, no mater how much better you play (or how much high ranked players offer you resources for free), you can't get much more more knowledge points -- that's is the ultimate barrier.
If you are in such a hurry to get more KP you can always buy them with Coins or Boosted Goods. Personally I have chosen not to buy KPs, but that's just me. Buy as many KPs as you - but don't complain if this results in you lacking the goods to unlock new technologies...

DeletedUser1925

That's a crude solution. :) It could make some ambitions players wake up at night to collect KPs so as to not have them go to waste.
I wasn't going to propose solutions, one of the reasons being that the game designers will come up with much better ones anyway if/when they want to fix the issue. But anyway, here are some ideas:
- the knowledge points needed for researching techs in early & middle chapters could be reduced.
- since everyone agreed that spending diamonds on KPs is a bad idea, make them much cheaper (reimburse, if needed, those who bought).
You would get 24 KP max. If you are keen player you sure can load the game every 12 h.

DeletedUser

If you are in such a hurry to get more KP you can always buy them with Coins or Boosted Goods. Personally I have chosen not to buy KPs, but that's just me. Buy as many KPs as you - but don't complain if this results in you lacking the goods to unlock new technologies...
I have bought some with Coins and with Boosted Goods and I didn't run out of either. But the cost increases as you buy; it's not a sustainable solution, but rather a method of usefully spending your excess Coins and Goods.

DeletedUser415

I want to believe you, and I am (also because Weirdsister said the same thing), but you're not playing on the international server, are you?

Obviously you aren't unless your playing under a different name. Did a search and nothing came up for "kenar".
If you were on EN server, you would see that I'm ranked#1.
Pretty much done with this topic. Honestly I don't care if you believe me or not, you asked for an answer from players on wait times between chapters and I gave you one.

Edit: In Arendyll.

DeletedUser

Obviously you aren't unless your playing under a different name. Did a search and nothing came up for "kenar".
If you were on EN server, you would see that I'm ranked#1.
Pretty much done with this topic. Honestly I don't care if you believe me or not, you asked for an answer from players on wait times between chapters and I gave you one.
Seems that I'm confusing the servers. Well, I'm playing on the one with the domain en2.elvenar.com . Everyone else who posted in this thread seems to play in the same server as I do.

Deleted User - 106219

Here's the ranking in the other world (it is the older of the two worlds, by the way):
Ranking1.png
Just in case you needed any proof...

DeletedUser

I meant from you guys. I was happy.
(in case it seemed the other way around)

Here's the ranking in the other world (it is the older of the two worlds, by the way):
Actually, now I'm curious. There are two worlds receiving the same updates, at the same time? How old is the older one?

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-06-14 - Merged 2 consecutive posts.

DeletedUser1265

Yip, there are two. Arendyll was the original launch for the EN sever, so the first world, so to speak. Winyandor was established later. I started playing in Winyandor and then started playing at Arendyll later, so I could play both races. I know some fellows that started playing in the Arendyll world as early as July/August 2015.

DeletedUser

Yip, there are two. Arendyll was the original launch for the EN sever, so the first world, so to speak. Winyandor was established later. I started playing in Winyandor and then started playing at Arendyll later, so I could play both races. I know some fellows that started playing in the Arendyll world as early as July/August 2015.
Thank you, but I still don't understand.
http://press.innogames.com/happy-birthday-elvenar-innogames-fantasy-game-turns-one
That page, dated May 30, 2016, says
"Exactly one year ago, the online video games company launched Elvenar’s first international server."
Do they refer to Arendyll or Winyandor there?

DeletedUser1265

Arendyll, since Winyandor only launched on Friday, 16 October 2016.

Also, just for the record the EN server is England not really a dedicated or only 'international sever", so it depends which server was launched first internationally (could actually be the German server). I guess you would have to start your research with Beta.

EDIT:
EN (England) is one (of about 14) international servers
Arendyll and Winyandor are worlds that are basically available on most/if not all servers. Some of the older severs have additional worlds, like the German server also has Felyndral

All Innogames Elvenar server/worlds run on the same update (currently V1.7.8).