• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City Make collecting productions and moving around city have different commands

DeletedUser5093

Currently we have two near-identical commands that do very different things in our cities. If we click-and-hold on a production that's ready, then drag the mouse around we'll collect any other complete productions that the mouse passes over. If we click-and-hold on any other part of our city, then drag the mouse around we'll move around our city. This will sometimes lead to situations where we try to move around the city and instead accidentally collect a bunch of productions we didn't intend to collect. This is especially frustrating when they were reserved for a quest, and they were very long productions, like 1 or 2 days, meaning they now have to be repeated, thus wasting a huge amount of time.

I don't care how it's done, but can we please make the commands for these two different functions be a bit more different, so as to avoid these sort of extremely frustrating errors.

Some examples of possible alternatives, including suggestions from the comments below:
- keep the swipe-collect command as is, and replace the moving around the city command with one or more of the following:
- arrow keys
- an on-screen compass
- click and drag with right mouse button [suggested by @RainbowElvira]
- move with Alt+left mouse button and drag [suggested by @RainbowElvira]​
- keep click-and-drag command for both functions, but have a toggle switch to flip between a move or collect mode [suggested by @LazyTony]

Last edited by a moderator:

LazyTony

Sorcerer
If I could like this 100 times I would. An alternative might be a toggle switch that had 2 settings - move or collect. This would allow mouse movement around the city OR mouse collections (or finger taps and drags on app) depending on the toggle setting.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Many times, I accidentally collected things, thus I love the idea. A toggle switch would be nice, or moving the map with right mouse button drag or pressing a key (e. g. Alt) in addition to the left mouse button.

DeletedUser5093

An alternative might be a toggle switch that had 2 settings - move or collect. This would allow mouse movement around the city OR mouse collections (or finger taps and drags on app) depending on the toggle setting.
or moving the map with right mouse button drag
or pressing a key (e. g. Alt) in addition to the left mouse button.
All excellent suggestions. I think any one of these would work well.