• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Make Chili Not War

rock stream

Scholar
With the unleashing of the troop manufacturing buildings and the use of expansions in determining the cost of doing the Spire and tournaments, I feel it would be a great time to eliminate all troop manufacturing and go with a negotiate/cater approach to this Fantasy City Builder game. I would gain about 7/8 expansions to produce goods. This would help keep the negotiation cost down on the Spire and tournaments due to reduced expansions.
Is there any reason not to get out of the arms race?

Gargon667

Mentor
I look at it this way: Before the change fighting was 10 times as effective as catering, now it is down to 5 times. But definitely no reason to stop fighting.
And space use is way higher for caterers, all those rows of factories and houses to keep the pop for all those factories. The AWs would be a better argument. You could skip all (or nearly all) AWs and keep the costs down that way... You would have to stay low chapter and place as few expansions as possible, but why not give it a try? It would be probably a very useful town for a tourney focused FS, maybe for someone who is bored playing their main city it could be a fun side project? But as a main town I think it would get old rather soon. What would you do with it on a daily basis? Sure quickly cater through the tourney each week, you will have a far above average score, but not enough provinces to compete for the top. Apart from that? can´t use the KP for anything (no research and no AWs), maybe also play the spire for the fun of it (and the diamonds), but most of the rewards (I guess you could time boost some 3h productions on your factories?) will also be pointless. Is that enough to keep your interest for long?

Deleted User - 1759805

Extreme catering setup will likely need dropping your relics boost to as low as possible, and produce everything you need from the event buildings. Low AW levels, low research, high expansions will likely net you pretty low catering requirements. Hard to say how far one can push this.

Pauly7

Magus
Weirdly I was just having this same conversation with @Hekata. I said some similar things to you @Gargon667 about the cost of catering compared to fighting and the need for massive amounts of supplies. This would be much easier with the benefit of hindsight (and a long time in the game), so you would definitely need to have all the old great goods set buildings, plus you're going to want fully evolved panda and polar bears, plus aureate and storm phoenixes.

I would be really interested to see someone have a go at it though. It would mean an entirely different profile of AWs than everyone is talking about, so it would be a pioneering move.

rock stream

Scholar
@Gargon667
Is your guesstimate on the ratio of fighting vs catering still valid for auto-fighting?
space use is way higher for caterers, all those rows of factories and houses
How many workshops would you need to run 3 troop factories? 12? I might of low balled the estimate on the number of expansions I could gain from deleting the war machine.
What would you do with it on a daily basis?
Eat, drink and be merry oh wait, I'm already there. Maybe just drink more :elixir::D!

rock stream

Scholar
Extreme catering setup will likely need dropping your relics boost to as low as possible
Everything else I can vaguely comprehend but I don't understand why I would reduce production to be come a full time negotiator.
Pauly7 Great information.
Thank-you all for the information. I'm now stinking thinking about it.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Extreme catering setup will likely need dropping your relics boost to as low as possible, and produce everything you need from the event buildings. Low AW levels, low research, high expansions will likely net you pretty low catering requirements. Hard to say how far one can push this.

A catering setup with no relics will not work unless you skip 33% of the tournaments.
Doesn't sounds like a viable strategy.

You might be able get rid of world map relics with buildings/leveling and destroying wonders but tournbament relics as well will be way to much.

Gargon667

Mentor
@Gargon667
Is your guesstimate on the ratio of fighting vs catering still valid for auto-fighting?

How many workshops would you need to run 3 troop factories? 12? I might of low balled the estimate on the number of expansions I could gain from deleting the war machine.

Eat, drink and be merry oh wait, I'm already there. Maybe just drink more :elixir::D!

I autofight most of my encounters, only the occasional manual fight I have time for or for special occasions :)

I plan on using 2 or 3 MWS, I currently use 2 and have a 3rd in the inventory in case I need it. I pup a PoP (PTowers lvl 16) on every WS every morning and I have 170% Culture boost.

Cheers!

Gargon667

Mentor
A catering setup with no relics will not work unless you skip 33% of the tournaments.

You might be able get rid of world map relics with buildings/leveling and destroying wonders but tournbament relics as well will be way to much.

Also getting rid of Relics you already get from finishing the provinces would be a very tedious process...

Deleted User - 1759805

Why? Skipping 3/9 tournaments you're forgoing 33% of rewards, meaning you need to do the remaining ones at 1.5x higher efficiency. Dropping relics boosts can reduce your costs by up to 8x times.

Deleted User - 2077221

So the more relic boost I have to make more goods the higher the catering costs? This sounds absolutely backwards.

It's like if the more troops you had, total made not in squad, the more enemies you had to fight in each encounter.

Maybe Relic Boost means something else I thought it means what goods you get bonus production for compared to the other 2 goods of the same tier.

Deleted User - 2077221

I wonder if trying to stay just barely or slightly above the max bonus or not getting any relics at all is better....

Deleted User - 1759805

I wonder if trying to stay just barely or slightly above the max bonus or not getting any relics at all is better....
Relics boost impact is capped with 700%, so anything above that doesn't affect the calculation. Not getting relics is hard, but potentially has significant benefits for Spire/tournaments.

Pauly7

Magus
I'm not sure that, practically-speaking, you can keep your relics boost below the maximum. Not considering that you also want to do well in the tournaments.

Deleted User - 1759805

I'm not sure that, practically-speaking, you can keep your relics boost below the maximum. Not considering that you also want to do well in the tournaments.
It's only boosted relics as far as we know, so you can skip 3 out of 9 tournaments.